Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (Full Update with Music, Trailer and Screens!)

Started by B-Kpianist, April 27, 2008, 09:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Zombie

What are you, five years old? It's stupid to say Rare should make two games in one genre at once, and then release them at once. That wouldn't get them any money. If they did make a new traditional game, although that's probably not going to happen - they would release it at least a year later. There is still a lot of platforming in this one, and it's all platforming - just in vehicles. So there's not much of a change. The just vehicles allow for more customizability.

PseudoMario16

Quote from: Gamer4250 on May 18, 2008, 09:10:08 PMXD wow nice job.  I thought you knew Rayman sucked from what everybody said about it.  Also, DON'T YOU DARE SUPPORT GAMESTOP'S EVIL EMPIRE.
GAMESTOP SHOULD DIE.
they almost charged me 500$ when i bought Guitar Hero III. i caught the mistake and the guy working there was an idiot and wouldnt admit he made a mistake. I had to speak w/the manager b4 he would fix it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

B-Kpianist

Quote from: Gamer4250 on May 18, 2008, 09:10:08 PMXD wow nice job.  I thought you knew Rayman sucked from what everybody said about it.  Also, DON'T YOU DARE SUPPORT GAMESTOP'S EVIL EMPIRE.
I didn't hear anything about it... I just remembered it as a game I used to play that was fun ::)

B-Kpianist

wow, the level names are losing their banjo feel:
Showdown Town
Nutty Acres
World of Sport
Banjo Land

They should at LEAST change them to:
Downtown Showdown
Nutty Acres (?)
World O' Sports
World O' Banjo

Maybe they're just beta names ???

Nakah

Quote from: Super Zombie on May 23, 2008, 08:59:24 PMWhat are you, five years old? It's stupid to say Rare should make two games in one genre at once, and then release them at once. That wouldn't get them any money. If they did make a new traditional game, although that's probably not going to happen - they would release it at least a year later. There is still a lot of platforming in this one, and it's all platforming - just in vehicles. So there's not much of a change. The just vehicles allow for more customizability.

Never did I infer that they should release it at once. If you read the information on it, it is not platformer like the past games. Also, if they created a new game for this technological building imagination concept, and then created a traditional Banjo & Kazooie game, then they'd be very successfull, it's obvious that they'd have to market it at strategic times. Stop being presumptious.

KefkaticFanatic

BK:  Glitter Glutch Mine and Witchyworld didn't have the "o'"s anywhere, the new names sound fine.  Except that Banjoland is probably just part of a bigger level and "World of Sports" is an unofficial name I think.

Nakah:  You're being whats called a troll.  Stop it.  You're also being a dick.

me irl
[close]

Nakah

No, I'm defending my point, which was attacked. It's not trolling if I'm making an argument torwards how Rare is managing their games. If I was senselessy bashing on Rare and responding without any sort of legitimate reason to him for attacking my point, then I'd be trolling. I'm entitled to my opinion about how Rare manages their games, it doesn't make me a dick if I disagree with the majority of you. I'm not flaming anyone, I'm providing a legitimate opinion on this with reason.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Nakah on May 20, 2008, 03:42:53 PMThis is stupid. If Rare knew what they were doing they would have made a seperate game for this new concept of designing and technological interfaces, and then a traditional, original, Banjo & Kazooie. A lot of people are pissed at how Rare just completely killed the old tradition of the franchise. This music better be extremely good, or else.

Actually thats trolling, and most of the internet is sick of you guys that keep whining about new things.

I love how this kinda of thing works out, when they change something about the game, everybody goes "OMG THEY RUINED IT".  When they keep it the same, people go "WOW ITS THE SAME NOTHING NEW ITS BAD".

me irl
[close]

Egnio

Quote from: Gamer4250 on May 29, 2008, 12:07:21 AMNakah:  You're being whats called a troll.  Stop it.  You're also being a dick.

I hope you have a good definition of "troll". (Don't make me google it)

And as I've read, "dick" would not apply either on this situation.

But I'd agree with the whining one. Even my brother thought it was a terrible idea of Lego Racer renamed to Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts. But what do I say? That I'm not going to complain until I HAVE PLAYED IT. It looks fine already (At least better than Kingdom Hearts' Gummi Ships), and I've read that the areas are 16 times bigger than in Banjo-Tooie, even if only about 20% of the game is real platforming action.

But think about it. Even if in rate it has less platforming action, 20% of something 16 times bigger is even more platforming than Banjo-Tooie itself as a whole (10% of something 10 times bigger would be the same).

So far, I have not liked the plot. Why can't Banjo just beat the crap out of Gruntilda if he wants that mountain so badly anyways? He've done it 3 times already (Counting Grunty's Revenge)
<Blizz>   [17:00:00] <Blizz> ♥ Harvest ♥

Brawler4Ever

Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

KefkaticFanatic

QuoteAn Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

me irl
[close]

Egnio

Then, how's talking and defending points of view of BK N&B in a BK N&B irrelevant or off-topic?

And about the music, I heard it's having it's traditional composers, so I think we can expect wonders from them.

B-Kpianist

Quote from: Gamer4250 on May 29, 2008, 12:07:21 AMBK:  Glitter Glutch Mine and Witchyworld didn't have the "o'"s anywhere, the new names sound fine.  Except that Banjoland is probably just part of a bigger level and "World of Sports" is an unofficial name I think.
Isle O' Hags ;)

Egnio

Quote from: B-Kpianist on May 29, 2008, 06:47:32 PM
Quote from: Gamer4250 on May 29, 2008, 12:07:21 AMBK:  Glitter Glutch Mine and Witchyworld didn't have the "o'"s anywhere, the new names sound fine.  Except that Banjoland is probably just part of a bigger level and "World of Sports" is an unofficial name I think.
Isle O' Hags ;)

And other than that?

KefkaticFanatic

Usually is a nice word.

And names usually change over the course of a games development.

me irl
[close]