News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Sebastian

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on January 16, 2014, 06:25:27 PMWrite the note that the trill is on as the lower note perhaps? Eg if you want a trill from B-A write the trill on the A, and if you want it to start on the B, put grace note just before.
Oh....Thanks!

Sebastian

I need this answered as quick as possible: What is the key in this song?

FierceDeity

Just from listening to it with a reference pitch, I'd say it's probably C minor, assuming that the melody is "G, F# G Eb C G, F#"

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 19, 2014, 04:46:26 PMJust from listening to it with a reference pitch, I'd say it's probably C minor, assuming that the melody is "G, F# G Eb C G, F#"

Jompa? :P
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

FierceDeity

Curse you for making me use this image twice in one day, haha. And I mean, Jompa has definitely had to correct me on multiple occasions, so I wouldn't exactly say I'm infallible :P

Sebastian

mikey

unmotivated

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

sunnydelight18

Time signature?

I was pretty sure this switches between 2 and 3 beats every measure, but when I started working on it, the 3 beat measure was too slow and I couldn't make the syncopation work in the 2 beat measure.

FireArrow

6/8 with a bit of syncopation in the beginning. Take that with a grain of salt though.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

sunnydelight18

Thank you! I started with a pickup as well, is that incorrect?