News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The NinSheetMusic Redesign Suggestion Thread: The Forum

Started by Jamaha, May 05, 2013, 03:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

As you accumulate stars, the titles will progress. You get stars by posting. Do not spam post to get stars tho or you're going to have a bad time.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Trainer Ave

YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on December 10, 2015, 09:18:10 PMOk so I have no clue where to ask this. What exactly are these positions? Nintendo Nocturne? Samus Sonata? Video Game Midi? I know this sounds like a dumb question but I seriously have no idea. And like I said I had no clue where to put this.
Well uh, last time I checked, a question about something wouldn't really be a redesign to the forum, would it :P. I guess we don't really have a general help topic or something, but maybe check here before you ask questions about something about how the forum itself works. Olimar's answer covers it.

Note: If you would have checked out the linked "help" page and clicked on "profile" and scrolled down to "membergroup" it does state that your "post-based membergroup is displayed."

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on December 10, 2015, 09:30:52 PMSo they're pointless titles then?

Eh, personally I would call them decorative, but, if they're pointless to you, sure, I guess...
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

mikey

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on December 10, 2015, 09:30:52 PMSo they're pointless titles then?
yes.  Only for very few people do they hold any power.  I, being the resident Nocturne, am one of those few.
unmotivated

braix

Reminded me of this:
Quote from: mariolegofan on January 24, 2015, 10:06:18 AMThis one is going to sound really goofy but....
I think we should be able to get more stars (stars that represent our post count.)
We can only get 30 currently.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

braix

I still liked the idea. After Nintendo Nocturne, the fun of achieving a new title dies completely
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

That's true, but it could still cause spamming.
Maybe it'd be a better idea if there were "achievements" for different things. For example, how much you've spent online, how many arrangements you have on site, how many pictures you've drawn in the art topic, etc.
There are many possibilities.

braix

Basically contributions to the community. Spamming doesn't contribute anything so I guess measuring it like that would work.
I don't know how exactly a system would count that though. This is the only complication I can think of

Dudeman

Perhaps number of sheets that have been accepted? I think that's a pretty standard measure of someone's contribution to the site as a whole. Plus it would be a little added incentive to submit sheets.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

braix

Some people might not want to submit sheets or not be confident enough to arrange anything. You could contribute to the general community by posts and stuff too.
That said, maybe there could be achievements for posts(or whatever it would be) and a separate one underneath for stuff like sheets. Basically one for the forums and one for the main site

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 11, 2015, 11:14:53 AMSome people might not want to submit sheets or not be confident enough to arrange anything. You could contribute to the general community by posts and stuff too.
That said, maybe there could be achievements for posts(or whatever it would be) and a separate one underneath for stuff like sheets. Basically one for the forums and one for the main site

Sounds awesome.