Orchestral Video Game Suite

Started by Brian, May 14, 2008, 11:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

It has to pertain to video games. I found the perfect theme for you while I was listening to SSBB.

Metroid Prime - Samus' Theme Song sounds VERY similar to the menu theme from SSBM (I never played metroid nor SSBM before sadly). Use that to transition those themes together. You can skip around and experiment with different themes. Doesn't have to be Metroid all the way and that's it for that.

Brian

Omg where is everybody. Alright here's a sample I made. Listen to it. Ignore tempo and key signature and use your imagination.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4zo0npmyyej

HugoMeister

So wait...its random bits of songs strung together? I was under the impression we'd do an entire song from a game, and then transition into another one. :P

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

Brian

Quote from: HugoMeister on May 24, 2008, 01:04:15 PMSo wait...its random bits of songs strung together? I was under the impression we'd do an entire song from a game, and then transition into another one. :P

I don't know what would the co-orchestrator's job would be since it's so difficult to stick with one game all the time. You may still do so if you wish. But how can you resist if one theme sounds like another theme from a different game :D So yeah... I decided to make it random. I'm trying to locate similarities between different games. That mp3 sample is just an example.

@MH26: can you put those 2 themes together?

Sirus

Quote from: Brian on May 24, 2008, 12:38:54 PMOmg where is everybody. Alright here's a sample I made. Listen to it. Ignore tempo and key signature and use your imagination.

hmm..
the mix itself is good but back up
werent we doing a suite from one franchise?
but if we're doing this ill just do this since ur the top boss

MetroidHunter26

I already knew we were doing a HUGE suite for all kinds of Video games.
And the Mixdown is GREAT! but we actually have to make it to be INCREDIBLE!!!! Can't wait! XD

Quote from: Brian on May 23, 2008, 09:57:28 PMIt has to pertain to video games. I found the perfect theme for you while I was listening to SSBB.

Metroid Prime - Samus' Theme Song sounds VERY similar to the menu theme from SSBM (I never played metroid nor SSBM before sadly). Use that to transition those themes together. You can skip around and experiment with different themes. Doesn't have to be Metroid all the way and that's it for that.
I was already going to do that one XD and that song is from Super Metroid and it's the ending theme of Super Metroid. ;)

BTW the mixdown is the template right?

Brian

Quote from: Sirus on May 24, 2008, 07:07:58 PM
Quote from: Brian on May 24, 2008, 12:38:54 PMOmg where is everybody. Alright here's a sample I made. Listen to it. Ignore tempo and key signature and use your imagination.

hmm..

You thought we were doing only one franchise from beginning to end? Lol sorry if I wasn't clear in the beginning. I called it a "video game" suite. Video game as in every franchise there is into one suite as much as possible. The purpose is to please the audience; I'm doing it for the audience, not for self interest. If you did only one franchise, somebody in that audience isn't going to know what the heck you're playing. So... a video game suite will play several franchises and I hope they will recognize some tunes besides the popular mario theme. Now I really need you guys to pick out songs that will match up pretty well. The metroid theme and SSBB were the best match so I'll leave it to MH26. The battle theme from FF6 and FF? (also found in super mario rpg) are also good matches. I also found a good match for the main theme of fire emblem, but I forgot what it was XD. Another thing, try to stay away from using percussion as a means of transitioning from one theme to another. It really sounds bad. *cough* Sonic 1 and 2 staff roll *cough*.

template? it's only an example. But it could turn out to be the real thing. who knows lol.

MetroidHunter26

Quote from: Brian on May 24, 2008, 08:35:16 PM
Quote from: Sirus on May 24, 2008, 07:07:58 PM

hmm..

You thought we were doing only one franchise from beginning to end? Lol sorry if I wasn't clear in the beginning. I called it a "video game" suite. Video game as in every franchise there is into one suite as much as possible. The purpose is to please the audience; I'm doing it for the audience, not for self interest. If you did only one franchise, somebody in that audience isn't going to know what the heck you're playing. So... a video game suite will play several franchises and I hope they will recognize some tunes besides the popular mario theme. Now I really need you guys to pick out songs that will match up pretty well. The metroid theme and SSBB were the best match so I'll leave it to MH26. The battle theme from FF6 and FF? (also found in super mario rpg) are also good matches. I also found a good match for the main theme of fire emblem, but I forgot what it was XD. Another thing, try to stay away from using percussion as a means of transitioning from one theme to another. It really sounds bad. *cough* Sonic 1 and 2 staff roll *cough*.

template? it's only an example. But it could turn out to be the real thing. who knows lol.
Well it sounded great. So the Brawl Theme and Super Metroid Ending are mine ;D YES! I'll start when I can!

Brian

Whoops I meant SSBM, not SSBB. Though it can be found in SSBB.

MetroidHunter26

Quote from: Brian on May 25, 2008, 04:50:34 PMWhoops I meant SSBM, not SSBB. Though it can be found in SSBB.
So no Brawl? and you mean the song in the opening cutscene in Melee right?
but then which Metroid song did you meen? The one from brawl or melee?

Brian

Do you have the SSBB ost?

D05 - Metroid Prime - Samus' Theme Song
W30 - Smash Bros Melee - Menu 1

There are so many variations to it, but the melody should be the same. Try to use all different variations if you can.

MetroidHunter26

Quote from: Brian on May 25, 2008, 06:33:26 PMDo you have the SSBB ost?

D05 - Metroid Prime - Samus' Theme Song
W30 - Smash Bros Melee - Menu 1

There are so many variations to it, but the melody should be the same. Try to use all different variations if you can.
The menu theme I have but... you have confused me with the first one. The only theme there is for Samus is for Super Metroid not Metroid Prime.

Sirus

ok that clears things up
but seriously we need a percussionist

Brian

Quote from: Sirus on May 25, 2008, 09:42:36 PMok that clears things up
but seriously we need a percussionist

I'll take care of that

MetroidHunter26

I know one who made his own song and they played it on graduation! it was SICK! and he graduated so mabey I can reach him. (But he did tell me in priesthood that he'd be VERY busy)