News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinions!

Started by Yugi, July 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 10, 2014, 09:59:45 AMIn my opinion, having no budget for games doesn't give anyone the right to experience them for free.
typically i would scream "FAIR USE," but i do agree that LP channels shouldn't be allowed to monetize on their content. And like I said, a lot of times I won't even watch the gameplay; I just find their commentary humorous occasionally.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 10, 2014, 03:10:02 PMJust one big happy family, aren't we?
ya srsly wtf guys can we just have a nice calm discussion on things for once?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

SlowPokemon

Quote from: K-NiGhT on February 10, 2014, 03:50:10 PMtypically i would scream "FAIR USE," but i do agree that LP channels shouldn't be allowed to monetize on their content. And like I said, a lot of times I won't even watch the gameplay; I just find their commentary humorous occasionally.

I'll concede to that.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: Dude on February 10, 2014, 03:08:40 PMDid I ever say anything about lp's to you? No? Then shup. I'm just saying your failed attempt at being funny was bad.
This thread is unpopular opinions.
There's a raging debate on whether let's plays should be allowed or not.  I'm merely just trying to possibly get a chance to point that out.
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: K-NiGhT on February 10, 2014, 03:50:10 PMya srsly wtf guys can we just have a nice calm discussion on things for once?
Because calm isn't always fun!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 10, 2014, 03:58:50 PMThis thread is unpopular opinions.
There's a raging debate on whether let's plays should be allowed or not.  I'm merely just trying to possibly get a chance to point that out.
But you're blaming me in that post for some unknown reason.

mikey

Quote from: Dude on February 10, 2014, 04:12:15 PMBut you're blaming me in that post for some unknown reason.
Because you nearly exploded at my comment and thought I was just trying to be funny. :/
unmotivated

Zunawe

LPs without commentary are boring, and I don't think people can make money off of them. LPs with some sort of dialogue are technically their own product because they provide something like a review of a game, and are therefore independent from the product of the game (i.e. TheSunlightBlade on Dark Souls). People who play games to show their reactions aren't making money off the game, but rather using it as a medium for entertainment (i.e. SeaNanners on Garry's Mod). As an analogy, the people who make the paper for books don't make money from the sale of a book.

From that, I would say that LPs that have something other than gameplay such as commentary should be treated as a form of entertainment in which the game is not the primary focus. In other words, people don't watch PewDiePie for the games he plays. They watch him for the way he interacts with them. Because of that, I don't think it's fair to say that people shouldn't watch LPers because it's better to play the game yourself.

Anyway, we should turn this away from the ragefest it seems to have become...

I think that iPhones are overrated and overpriced.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Zunawe on February 10, 2014, 04:35:07 PMI think that iPhones are overrated and overpriced.
I agree: I personally don't like smartphones in general (or should I say "smart" phones?).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 10, 2014, 04:26:49 PMBecause you nearly exploded at my comment and thought I was just trying to be funny. :/
Quote from: Dude on February 10, 2014, 01:17:44 PMomg that was sooo funny :|
how is that exploding? XD

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Zunawe on February 10, 2014, 04:35:07 PMLPs without commentary are boring, and I don't think people can make money off of them. LPs with some sort of dialogue are technically their own product because they provide something like a review of a game, and are therefore independent from the product of the game (i.e. TheSunlightBlade on Dark Souls). People who play games to show their reactions aren't making money off the game, but rather using it as a medium for entertainment (i.e. SeaNanners on Garry's Mod). As an analogy, the people who make the paper for books don't make money from the sale of a book.

From that, I would say that LPs that have something other than gameplay such as commentary should be treated as a form of entertainment in which the game is not the primary focus. In other words, people don't watch PewDiePie for the games he plays. They watch him for the way he interacts with them. Because of that, I don't think it's fair to say that people shouldn't watch LPers because it's better to play the game yourself.
LPers basically act as commenters much in the vein of MST3K, and while it's not wrong to make money in that regard, a decent amount should be going to either the people who made it or owns the copyrights on it.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

As for an actual unpopular opinion that I hold:

I like Pokemon Black and White better than Pokemon X and Y.

Echo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 10, 2014, 05:00:45 PMAs for an actual unpopular opinion that I hold:

I agree, but I didn't know that was an unpopular opinion.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 10, 2014, 05:00:45 PMAs for an actual unpopular opinion that I hold:

Mine:  Nintendo should have given up with pokemon after plattynam.
unmotivated

blueflower999

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 10, 2014, 05:48:53 PMMine:  Nintendo should have given up with pokemon after plattynam.
And why's that?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

yeah I'm wondering if you actually have a reason to back up your comment lol