News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinions!

Started by Yugi, July 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I like every main series Pokémon game to some extent because I mean they're all basically the same. But Diamond and Pearl feels like such a slog. I only managed to get all the way through it three times, one for each version, and that's an all time low for a Pokémon region for me.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 14, 2016, 10:00:04 AMWait why do you think the Johto games suck? I think they're maybe the best showcase of what Pokémon is all about. Objectively, I don't know if I feel that way, but playing Silver is always, always enjoyable, which is more than can be said about, say, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.

Pacing and balance issues more or less. I like a lot of the "spirit" but I can't overlook the issues I have with pacing.

Trainer Ave

I have an extreme hatred for One Piece and Undertale.
I also really do not like Ocarina of Time.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Zunawe

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on April 14, 2016, 09:36:49 AM- 2003 > Brotherhood
yur not escapin this

I think the first one did a much better job at developing characters to start. It spent a lot more time on everything in the beginning, which I appreciate a lot.
Show Spoilers
Hughes' death and Nina's transformation hit a lot harder in the 2003 version.
[close]
But I think the plot for the latter half of Brotherhood was better.
More spoiler
That the door is just a portal to our world is real dumb comparatively in my opinion. It's a kinda cool idea, but it doesn't resolve anything. There's no feeling of closure, but it's not the good kind of unresolved plot either.
[close]
I think most of people's love for Brotherhood comes from the experience from the first half of the 2003 show. Brotherhood rushed the beginning either to fit in the long last stretch or because it had already been made. If you attached the quality of the beginning of the 2003 version to the end of Brotherhood, it would be amazing. That being said, I think Brotherhood is better still.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Nitro Indigo

Both FMAs
When I first watched FMA03, I found out the ending in advance, and thought that the plot twist, while foreshadowed once, was still rather unnecessary, plus Al de-ageing made no sense and was barely explained. On the other hand, Brothers is a thing, and the ending of Mangahood didn't make much sense to me either. How can you magic away a learned skill...?
[close]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

mikey

I think ocarina of time is pretty much worse than every Zelda game that came out after it

I don't like RPGs

but I actually enjoy EarthBound

Mario games are boring

Kirby games are slightly less boring

I don't like pokemon anymore

fight me
unmotivated

ZeldaFan

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on April 14, 2016, 10:10:17 AMI also really do not like Ocarina of Time.
Then why would you call yourself "BoywithoutaFairy" which is a direct reference to the game?

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 14, 2016, 11:10:04 AMI think ocarina of time is pretty much worse than every Zelda game that came out after it
Then why would your name be "NocturneOfShadow" which is a song from the game?

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

SlowPokemon

LMAO SHE GOT YA

TFW YA GOT GOT
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

I still like OoT just fine
and the nocturne of shadow is my favorite ocarina song ever
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

It's kind of an inside joke between me and my friends
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

honestly though it'd be really weird if my name were like
Prelude of Light
unmotivated

Dude

Do you have a sister?

If so that's what I'd call her.

Nitro Indigo

Or if my username was SpiritTracksTrailerTheme. =P

More opinions!
- Gates to Infinity has my favourite plot in PMD.
- ...But my favourite plots in gaming are Okamiden, Solatorobo, and Super Paper Mario.
- PMD2's time travel makes no sense.

(I'm interested in plenty of non-video game things, but most of them are either obscure or Pop Culture Osmosis.)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

mikey

time travel never makes sense.  Get used to it, cause otherwise it would never be used as a plot device

wait that actually sounds like a good thing
unmotivated

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.