News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

SlowPokemon

^why is it bad that the two games are getting different stages? Would you want identical ones?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino

why is it good in first place? It's unfair for people that will/can only buy one version, they don't get the full thing. SSB is not Pokemon, it doesn't need different versions of the same game to be more "varied". They're basically (not really forcing) inducing you to buy both versions when you could have everything in one complete and good version, like with the other SSB games!

It's like if you split Brawl stages in two and move half of them to an unnecessary DS version. Would you like that? :P
And they have the same roster, why not the same stages then? Why not have Gerudo Valley or Regna Ferox Arena in the Wii U version too, for example? I don't really see the point in this.

FSM-Reapr

I like to think the other version is "extra content" instead of "the full thing". I'm sure both versions will be smashing successes and people won't really give a shit since they'll be happy on what you already have.

It depends on your psychological perspective, whether you think it's extra content rather than the full thing.

Clanker37

The point is, that the Wii U will have stages from home consoles (mainly the Wii U) and the 3DS will have the portable side. The aim is to make the people who only have a Wii U, get the stages from the Wii U, since it would be a waste to give them a 3DS stage, since they won't get the reference. They are ensuring that if you get the Wii U version, you get the Wii U stages and stuff that you can relate to.

The games will be similar game play, they're just spreading their seeds a little bit by appealing to the portable market. Both games will have the same depth as the other, so really you only have to buy one to get the full 'SSB experience.' If only buy one, you're going to have the same amount of fun than if you bought the other or both. And it would be silly to have identical stages. Only the fact that they can talk to each other is a positive in this scenario. By differing, they ensure that the games are individual, not just a rehash, and thus they will be better.

I could rant further, but I think you get the point.

EDIT: God damn it FSM

Echo

Quote from: DonValentino on July 15, 2013, 08:22:59 AMIt's like if you split Brawl stages in two and move half of them to an unnecessary DS version. Would you like that? :P

What's interesting is that it's kind of the reverse situation for Smash 4, since Sakurai said that the initial development consideration was to have this game only for the 3DS, instead of for two platforms.

K-NiGhT

Also as long as there's some sort of Final Destination-esque stage on both versions, most people will be happy.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Olimar12345

Dude, your getting worked up over nothing. Who seriously cares about stages that aren't final destination or the temple?

Edit: fuckin ninjad 4x's! :P
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Echo

^ Fountain of Dreams is my favourite, so I hope that makes a comeback. It has the best music and it's so pretty.

The stages we were shown were pretty cool though. I like the 3DS ones better so far, like Arena Ferox and Battlefield.

K-NiGhT

^i actually kinda liked the boxing arena stage that was shown when the villager came in. perhaps that may be in the 3DS as well?

FSM-Reapr

I'm extremely hyped for the Kid Icarus stage and the KI remixes.

Also the Mega Man 2 Dr Wily stage theme argggggggh do want

ninja'd

K-NiGhT

So does anybody have more speculation on new characters? I think Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening would be a good choice alongside Marth, since Arena Ferox is from the same game.

Echo

Well, one idea that I read about that I thought was really cool was having Chrom paired up with Robin, with them fighting side by side like the Ice Climbers, but having unique moves and being able to switch leads, like transforming as Zelda/Sheik. It'd be a neat reference to Awakening, because the Pair Up mechanic's newly introduced by that game. I don't have high hopes for the idea being implemented though, since it's been said that they're struggling with characters like the Ice Climbers already.

I guess Mewtwo's new form has a shot at showing up. It'd bring back a popular character from Melee, but still show the freshness of Gen 6.

Personally I want Isaac from Golden Sun too, but I don't really expect him either.

blueflower999

Now would NOT be a good time for Nintendo to remove Ness just because America is finally getting his game on Virtual Console.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 15, 2013, 08:47:36 AMDude, your getting worked up over nothing. Who seriously cares about stages that aren't final destination or the temple?

Edit: fuckin ninjad 4x's! :P
I hate both of these stages. >.>
Bulbear! Blueflower999

MaestroUGC

Do you people really think they'd remove the original 12?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

DonValentino

Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 15, 2013, 10:51:28 AMDo you people really think they'd remove the original 12?

Actually, they did remove Pichu. But yeah, all the others cannot be removed. Well, not very sure about Jigglypuff, but since it has appeared on all SSB games I would say it stays too.
That said, I can't wait to see Captain Falcon in HD.

I just say that the more good content, the better, and stages are always important in a battle. Well that's my opinion.