News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Bubbles

oh man oh man OH MAN If Layton is going to be in it I might have to actually buy a WiiU

Yugi

What day was the magazine released?

Because that actually makes me doubt the legitimancy of the claim!

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Bubbles on April 07, 2014, 05:05:32 PMoh man oh man OH MAN If Layton is going to be in it I might have to actually buy a WiiU
meh it seems like 3DS will be the same the WiiU will just be prettier.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

MaestroUGC

You all should have a Wii U already, what are you poor?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

fingerz

Although the Wii U one will be prettier, I reckon it won't be the better one. Sakurai wouldn't create the game for both consoles if he didn't think it was going to work. In fact, I reckon he's just making it for the Wii U so people don't get sad due to the swap to handheld. My bet is that the 3DS one will actually be the better game. :P

@Maestro: Never buying that thing. ;)
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

MaestroUGC

The 3DS is supposed to be a more singular experience, by which I mean I don't know to what extent. Hopefully the Direct tomorrow will shine some light on the actual difference besides the appearance.

I just hope the differences are substantial enough to justify buying two games.

Echo

Quote from: Yugi on April 07, 2014, 05:33:04 PMWhat day was the magazine released?

Because that actually makes me doubt the legitimancy of the claim!

The magazine's not saying that Layton's gonna be in Smash. If you read the whole page, it's just Layton commenting on what it would be like to be in another crossover like he was with Phoenix Wright, like Layton X Mario, Layton X Resident Evil, etc.

fingerz

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 07, 2014, 05:50:13 PMThe 3DS is supposed to be a more singular experience, by which I mean I don't know to what extent. Hopefully the Direct tomorrow will shine some light on the actual difference besides the appearance.

I just hope the differences are substantial enough to justify buying two games.
Good point, actually! I'm sure they would have to have a lot more single-player content on the 3DS one because not everyone will have someone else to play with. My brother commented on that, saying: "Why would I buy it if all you can do it fight other people. I want a storyline!"

Speaking of which, I hope this one is as good as the Subspace Emissary. I fell in love with the game because of that.

MaestroUGC

fingerz

I'd like to see some more rather quirky characters make an appearance! By the way, Yoshi hasn't been announced yet, has it? Strange...  :o

SlowPokemon

The main difference between the games that has been confirmed is the stages. The 3DS version will have more stages based on portable games, while the Wii U will have more stages based on console games.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

^Yes, but I want to know more about this personalization thing the 3DS version has going for it.

Dudeman

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 07, 2014, 06:08:08 PMThe main difference between the games that has been confirmed is the stages. The 3DS version will have more stages based on portable games, while the Wii U will have more stages based on console games.
Don't forget trophies. Sakurai posted a couple weeks back that the games will have different trophy sets.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book