News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

Maelstrom

ROB too. And Bowser Jr. with the koopalings as alts

KefkaticFanatic

All characters unlocked already, RIP mewtwo and snake

I think it's the same roster as the last leak +jiggly if he/she/it wasn't there before

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

Overall a pretty damn good roster, I'm satisfied with it. Now we just need for it to be October...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 11, 2014, 12:35:46 PMAll characters unlocked already, RIP mewtwo and snake

I think it's the same roster as the last leak +jiggly if he/she/it wasn't there before

Ya he was there before but there was no chance he wasn't gonna be in it anyway lol
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=129524882
More rumors
Quote**** it, I'm just gonna put it out there:

(And I'm not saying this to troll fans or keep the hype up or whatever.)

I have a source who has been right about previous leaks and has worked on the European localization of the game. He says he has definitely seen moving models of Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Men and Mewtwo in the game and he's still confident that these four characters can be unlocked by linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks and has never been wrong about other stuff as well. Plus, the whole connectivity thing makes far too much sense, if only to get fans to buy both versions. *insert itprintsmoney.gif here*

Again, I swear on my soul that I'm not trolling. Time will tell. I thought Ridley was never gonna be in, but hey.
[close]

Dudeman

NEW CLASSIC MODE FINAL BOSS
Meet the MASTER CORE:
He has four forms he can use, and I think he uses more of them depending on the difficulty setting: Titan, Beast, Swords, and Copy (I named them myself :P).
The last one will always be Copy. Beat it and the black particles will fly away revealing a core. It looks very similar to a smash ball and will not attack or move except to return to the center of Final Destination. Beat it and roll credits!
[close]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

KefkaticFanatic

also major WTF, ice climbers cut WHY

and ya maelstrom that's at the tier of 'well i have this friend who said some things that were right before and he totally says its real' basically no better than 'well I heard theres supe rmario 15 for game boy!!' so I wouldn't really count on such crazy hopes.

Also the fact that they would have randomass characters like this """Chorus Men""" before highly popular ones that were cut is already sketch city

me irl
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 11, 2014, 11:50:43 PMalso major WTF, ice climbers cut WHY
That's been an issue since day one. The 3DS apparently had a lot of trouble handling two characters acting as one (don't you DARE say anything about Rosaluma, the mechanics are different for them), so they were cut. I can see an Ice Climbers patch happening at some point, but maybe after the WiiU version releases.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

KefkaticFanatic

That's a highly speculative theory I've heard, but if they seriously are cutting ice climbers because we had to get an extra version of smash that nobody really asked for and is just a cheap money tactic, that would be pretty obnoxious.

plus it would be a thx nintendo for insisting that you have no need for high end hardware then constantly cutting corners and making sacrifices in your major games :|

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

I only share an opinion that many at least in the circle of smash players I know share.  If it makes you upset you can go to your corner and laugh as much as you want I suppose :D

I think people that don't care might have never played with people that were legitimately good with ice climbers.  They were a super interesting and fun character to even just watch people play + play against.  It really is a big loss.

me irl
[close]

Olimar12345

^ A big loss, indeed. It is a real shame that they had to be excluded from this game for technical reasons. It must be embarrassing to say you couldn't include a character introduced two consoles ago on a latest gen console for hardware limitations.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

K-NiGhT

To be fair though, they've never had Smash on a handheld, and they did promise that the rosters would be similar.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Maelstrom

Quote from: From Twitch StreamPlatinum Club Nintendo Members may get picked for the demo TODAY
edit: ....and the site goes down for maintenance after heavy loads. :P
NVM, its back up.

KefkaticFanatic

Nintendo of America verified
Select Club Nintendo Platinum members will have received four download codes for the #SmashBros for #3DS demo. Check your emails!
8 minutes ago from Twitter Web Client

I don't understand NoA.  Why would you intentionally limit the demo when the damn game is already released in other localities....??  I mean I guess it's nice platinum members are getting something besides the awful rewards from before, but that again is only because NoA is such a disappointment with outreach.

And to previous topic, I'm mostly annoyed that in their insistence on having 2 near identical versions they will end up gimping both versions of the game since they have to keep the core mechanics at a level that is compatible with the antiquated 3DS hardware.  It's a design decision that doesn't make any sense imo.

me irl
[close]