News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The NSM Community Orchestra Project II!

Started by MaestroUGC, September 18, 2013, 12:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

Greg

Woah, this is happening again? How did I miss this.

I can do piano (haha yes another piano) and really really simple violin stuff.

FierceDeity

Oh, there's a tiny chance I might be able to borrow a friend's tuba. If you want, maestro, I can look into that further. Especially considering we're rather lacking in the bass department.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FierceDeity

Hahahahahaha rather lacking doesn't mean ENTIRELY lacking, goddamn. I'm just saying that one bass trombone isn't really what you'd call a standard bass section for an "orchestra" :P

JDMEK5

Does 16 pianos sound like an orchestra to you? (To quote the last attempt at this)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

FierceDeity

That's why I put "orchestra" in quotes :P either way, large instrumentation generally requires a decent amount of bass. Which, technically speaking, piano can play, but at any rate THE POINT IS, I thought it might be nice to add an instrument at the bottom of the range. Jeez, haha.

MaestroUGC

This is why I will now refer to such endeavors as a "Piano Orchestra" with additional instrumentation.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

fabbemannen

Had some issues with most of the flutes (+ the kazoo, but it might be okay. It's a pretty weird instrument), they kinda blow atm. Too cold in my apartment apparently and I don't have any whiskey to fix 'em up with ^^
If you ever need me in a rush, send me a pm and I'll be here before you say akokspfkesofaehojef backwards three times

Quote from: fabbemannen on October 29, 2013, 11:47:26 AMI'm not late at all (like always). If you haven't finished up the lists or need a backup guy, hello!

Piano as my main-instrument, but I play (and got access to) instruments like flutes (ocarinas, recorder, tin flute), marimba (I only got access to a pretty small glockenspiel right now though), kazoo, electric guitar and a jaw harp (sort of, not much to play).
Don't expect too much from anything except for piano, but I'd say I'm good enough on the other instruments

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

monkeybull223

I can play any and all percussion instruments. I prefer mallets (anywhere from 2-4 mallets) and timpani, but i play anything.
Pokemon Master, Percussionist (Marimbist/Timpanist/Marching Snare and Tenors), BAND GEEK! and all around nice guy (at least i think so).

FierceDeity

Do you have access to all of them for recording?

monkeybull223

Quote from: FierceDeity on December 13, 2013, 06:38:53 PMDo you have access to all of them for recording?
If you are reffering to me and the mallet instruments, then yes, but only at my school do i have access.  I am in the television production class at my school and thus have video editing skills if they are needed.
Pokemon Master, Percussionist (Marimbist/Timpanist/Marching Snare and Tenors), BAND GEEK! and all around nice guy (at least i think so).