News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Sheet Music Errors Thread

Started by KefkaticFanatic, March 16, 2014, 06:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 23, 2015, 12:28:05 PMYou forgot to add release dates for most of the new titles.
Take a look at the "Other" section when sorted by date.

Jamaha

Quote from: Jamaha on June 24, 2015, 11:15:44 AMThat's a problem with the updates right now. We'll try to get that fixed.

Sebastian

I didn't know where to post this.....but there is a very small thing I would like to point out in the Submission Guide under "Submissions"
In post 2 under the Submission Guide by Deku, it says something like, "Musx are not required at this point (feel free to pm me if you need one)"
Since Deku isn't around anymore, couldn't someone change that to someone else's name?
Feel free to put mine since I would be happy to give anyone musx' :)

Olimar12345

I think you misinterpreted that message, read again:

"As with a new sheet, you have to upload a .mid file, a .mus file (No .musx at this stage. If you need one converted, PM me) and a .pdf file."

He meant if you needed an MUS file, to PM him (since he wrote that before he added the MUSX option). Regardless, I think we should change it to "(If you need one converted, PM a staff member or ask for help here)"

Edit: tbh, instead of making MUS files for people, we should probably just edit that to say how to export MUS files in Finale 2014. Something like "(No .musx at this stage. If you need one converted, simply open up Finale and go to the file tab > Export > MUS)"
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 14, 2015, 08:55:41 PMI think you misinterpreted that message, read again:

"As with a new sheet, you have to upload a .mid file, a .mus file (No .musx at this stage. If you need one converted, PM me) and a .pdf file."

He meant if you needed an MUS file, to PM him (since he wrote that before he added the MUSX option). Regardless, I think we should change it to "(If you need one converted, PM a staff member or ask for help here)"

Edit: tbh, instead of making MUS files for people, we should probably just edit that to say how to export MUS files in Finale 2014. Something like "(No .musx at this stage. If you need one converted, simply open up Finale and go to the file tab > Export > MUS)"
Ok. Whatever works but since musx will probably eventually be needed, you could just put that option. You're the boss!

Blank

Super mario 64 Score: Final Bowser, page 1 last measure: A6 needs to be Ab6 I believe.
Paper mario: Score: Crystal Palace page 1 measure 19, left and right hand play the same notes. Suggesting playing an octave lower.

P.S. Is it worthwhile to post errors here, will they get fixed?

"Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art."

― Frédéric Chopin

AwesomeYears

They'll normally get fixed, don't worry ;)

Tobbeh99

I found an error in the Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2 sheet "Yumihiko Ichiyanagi ~ First-Class Reasoning". The first note in the right hand measure 4 is supposed to be a written out turn, listen to the original song. It would be great if someone could just edit that quickly. This goes for all the files (pdf, mus, midi).

Here is the sheet: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2481
Here is the song for and as you can hear the first note should be a turn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE3clUhmdOI

Also you probably should decide for the name of the game since both the title on the main site and the arrangements on site have different game titles.
main site: "Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2"
Bonds: A Believing Heart: Turnabout Prosecutor 2 (Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2)
Yumihiko Ichiyanagi ~ First-Class Reasoning: Gyakuten Kenji 2
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

You may be right about the game names, but not really about the turn. We had a long discussion about it on the submission page for it. If you want to take a look, it's in the archive.

Tobbeh99

I don't mean a "turn" as a symbol, I said written out turn, but that there is not only an A in beat 3 measure 4 but more notes. Not only an A. And it has to be a mistake since you've done ornaments in later measures such as beat 3 measure 12,20 etc. but not in measure 4.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 07, 2015, 01:51:44 PMI don't mean a "turn" as a symbol, I said written out turn, but that there is not only an A in beat 3 measure 4 but more notes. Not only an A. And it has to be a mistake since you've done ornaments in later measures such as beat 3 measure 12,20 etc. but not in measure 4.
Bada bing, bada boom. The musical part of this argument has been solved.
[.mid]
[.mus]
[.pdf]
[.musx]
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

Kirbyfan101

Not sure if this one has already been mentioned, but in the sheet music for "Pokemon League (Day)" (which is under Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum), the 2 treble quarter notes in measure 19 are incorrect.

They are currently G4 and F4, but it really should be B♭ 6 and A♭ 6. Unfortunately I do not have the means to fix it myself, but I would really appreciate it if someone was able to fix it...

Here is the current sheet music: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/656

And here is the piece I was talking about:
<(-^.^<) <(-^.^-)> (>^.^-)>

Latios212

Fixed. Double check it for me, I assume you meant measure 20.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

AwesomeYears

Dang, all the older members just appear outta nowhere, why is that?