News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Sheet Music Errors Thread

Started by KefkaticFanatic, March 16, 2014, 06:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: Benjamin on December 28, 2021, 10:38:12 AMThis is what I encounter.
Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/lwEY7cU

This says that the Maestro Font (which is Finale's default notation font) is not installed, which is very odd. Uninstall/reinstall finale and that should be fixed.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Benjamin

I never had that problem with other .mus files. Think you could send me the .musicxml file?

Zeila

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 29, 2021, 09:04:24 AMThis says that the Maestro Font (which is Finale's default notation font) is not installed, which is very odd. Uninstall/reinstall finale and that should be fixed.
It's actually saying that Finale Maestro isn't installed, which is a new SMuFL-compliant font that's part of Finale 27. I tried downloading the mus file and encountered the same problem as I did when looking at scores created in Finale 27 first, and downloading Finale Maestro would still pose an issue because time signatures, slurs, and possibly articulations are messed up

Regardless of all of that, XML exports should still work, but if you need a link then here you go: [XML]

Benjamin

Thank you. I appreciate it. My Finale is quite old (I have 2012 ver. or build).

Fantastic Ike

Not so much an error. But something about the sheet I failed to realize (and subsequently mention) is that at the halfway point of this song (m119) the mix changes to a metal variation of the song. This section only plays in the game during a boss fight. Because of that, and this being a long sheet, I added a marker to delineate where the boss variation starts. This should help accessibility and be a more proper representation of the OST. Note in the official soundtrack, this all makes up one track, but there is a rather clear distinction between segments. I plan to take this formate with future Hades sheets as well.

Hades [MUL]

Out of TartarusMUSMIDIPDFOriginal

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Fantastic Ike

Kaphita

https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/537

- m6 shouldn't have an E in the arpeggio
- m15 the arpeggio should be a Bo7/F, like in m8
- m17 the final C in the LH should be an octave lower

Some formatting things also seem a bit funky, e.g. the tempo marking font. I'd also argue that m15 b4.5 the E in the LH should go in the RH and have an arpeggio, but that's more up to interpretation.

LeviR.star

Bloop said that we only use the original titles for games that haven't been localized, so I'd like to update several of my on-site sheets:

[BS-X] BS-X: Sore wa Namae o Nusumareta Machi no Monogatari - "Downloading Theme 2"

- updated to match the game title of my recent "SoundLink Schedule" arrangement
- as for the other changes, I've done the following:
     - slightly re-written rhythms
     - newly added staccatos
     - fixed some transcription errors
     - new tempo marking

[BS-X] Kirby no Omochabako: Hoshi Kuzushi - "Title Screen"

- new title translates to "Kirby's Toy Box: Star Break". Star Break is the only Kirby's Toy Box entry with original music, so I think the title should be changed to reflect this
- this sheet has received a full-on makeover, including:
     - simplified 8th runs
     - updated copyright information to include St.GIGA
     - re-written syncopated rhythms
     - new tempo marking
     - additional articulations

[BS-X] BS Zelda no Densetsu - "Overworld"

- the least drastic name change, this one translates to "BS The Legend of Zelda," the name we had for it before. I'm doing away with "(Unused)" distinction, because all of this game's music takes the place of the live broadcasts from the late 90s, not just this overworld theme. Almost any Zelda fan that has played this used the fan patch, which incorporates the music hidden away in the files
- some slight adjustments were made, including:
     - new system/measure distribution
     - re-written 12/8 rhythms (many 8th rests have been removed as a result)
     - re-positioned staccatos, per Latios's recent feedback
     - updated composer and arranger info, based on what I found on this page
     - new tempo marking

[GB] Donkey Kong - "Chase Scene"

- after doing some more research, I've found that "Donkey Kong '94" was only named as such during early development, and is more of a fan-given title nowadays, to distinguish it from being a simple port of the arcade title. Since the newly-designed site now includes console tags, we won't need a special distinction, except on the sheets themselves
- I'm renaming it to "Chase Scene" because other non-official sources of this call it "Scene". I think this will help people recognize it
- it should be noted that Maelstrom's "Showdown at the Tower" sheet needs to be changed as well. Ironically, I think I'm the one who suggested he change it to "Donkey Kong '94," so it looks like he was right all along
- the sheet itself is largely unchanged, but aside from using a fresh template, I did change the tempo marking and copyright info

I'm linking here a Dropbox folder so that the staff may review my new files. Given approval, I will prepare MUS, MIDI, and PDF files of each sheet.

Files to Be Updated
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

maximuspinpoint

https://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/1218

This sheet's composer(s) is very broken, there's no arranger, and the high and low notes on subsequent pages overlap the title and copyright. It does also consecutively use D naturals and D flats rather than the easier enharmonics, but I doubt that's a major issue.

(this is the right thread for this, right?)

Close your eyes, you'll be here soon.

Fantastic Ike

QuoteThis sheet's composer(s) is very broken, there's no arranger, and the high and low notes on subsequent pages overlap the title and copyright. It does also consecutively use D naturals and D flats rather than the easier enharmonics, but I doubt that's a major issue.

Thanks for pointing it out. I'm pretty sure this sheet is very high on our replacement priority list, definitely uploaded in an era with much less quality control lol

Maelstrom

oh no not that one
It has far too many errors for this thread. We want to replace it, but someone needs to make a better version first. (I know some people have partial ones right now)

XiaoMigros

Official metadata is now available for Xenoblade Chronicles 3, so I'd like to request a name change for my sheet.
Using this source lead to this spreadsheet, on the bottom of which the Title Screen is listed as "Off-seer", composed by Yasunori Mitsuda (also needs updating). It might be worth keeping 'Title Screen' in parentheses, but I'll leave that to the updaters' discretion.

NineLives

I decided to try to update 32 of my older sheets in hopes of keeping all of their formatting consistent with each other as well as with other modern sheets that are being submitted now. It's mostly pretty small things like removing parentheses from the tempo markings, making the swing commands match the ones on other sheets, redoing the measure numbers on collection sheets and so on. I thought it'd be way too big of a list to set down here, so I attached a text document with the list of changes on it with the files. I feel like I was thorough with the fixes, but I might've missed something or other without noticing, so if there are some inconsistencies seen by any of the staff, let me know! Here's the folder. I know 32 is a lot, so no rush!