TWG LXX: Village of Masks- A Classic Mafia

Started by mikey, August 20, 2014, 09:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: fank009 on August 20, 2014, 04:24:06 PMI think that the person with the seering power should claim each night, that way we can see who picked who to seer. probably the only information we are going to get out of seerings. of course finding green is good.
Wait... does a singular person have the seering power, or is it transferred between various people (e.g. a different person each night)?

Also, claiming at night wouldn't be good. Silly Fank. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Mashi

Mashi

Also, BlackDragonSlayer, yes, it's transferred from Player to Player each Night Phase.

The_Subjective_Thought

POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

fank009

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 20, 2014, 07:22:50 PMWait... does a singular person have the seering power, or is it transferred between various people (e.g. a different person each night)?

Also, claiming at night wouldn't be good. Silly Fank. :P
Silly bds, you have so much to learn.
Seerings are public, and in fact, may give clues as to who may be scum.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

The_Subjective_Thought

goddamnit fanks gonna be fanking it up all game.

POKE IT WITH A STICK.
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

Dude

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: fank009 on August 20, 2014, 11:40:18 PMSilly bds, you have so much to learn.
Seerings are public, and in fact, may give clues as to who may be scum.
You specifically said that the seering person should claim AT NIGHT. If they claim AT NIGHT, they will be killed, and thus, I assume that the seering will thus be blocked (clarification please Nocturne?).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 21, 2014, 05:24:02 AMYou specifically said that the seering person should claim AT NIGHT. If they claim AT NIGHT, they will be killed, and thus, I assume that the seering will thus be blocked (clarification please Nocturne?).
NoS?

fank009

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 21, 2014, 05:24:02 AMYou specifically said that the seering person should claim AT NIGHT. If they claim AT NIGHT, they will be killed, and thus, I assume that the seering will thus be blocked (clarification please Nocturne?).
Thats right, you guys are the only place that I know that prioritizes faction shots over seers.

Order of operations pleaae noct, then seer claims if noct confirms its safe.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

The_Subjective_Thought

POKE IT WITH A STICK.

Bubbles

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 20, 2014, 09:20:31 AMNot only that, but a player chosen at random is given a Detective power that is displayed publicly.
1. Is the name of the seer displayed publicly or is it their results? Or both?
2. Since its "a player chosen at random" does that mean the mafia can become the detective too?
3. Are the results posted at the end of the next day phase or the night phase (does the seer have one or two phases to act)?

Quote from: fank009 on August 20, 2014, 04:24:06 PMI think that the person with the seering power should claim each night, that way we can see who picked who to seer. probably the only information we are going to get out of seerings. of course finding green is good.
From what I understand, the seers are picked randomly and not by the person who had it the previous night

If the mafia cannot become the seer themselves, claiming seer and not being counterclaimed is basically being confirmed human. I'm still trying to decide whether or not its useful enough for the seer to claim since its practically suicide

mikey

Quote from: Bubbles on August 21, 2014, 06:52:35 PM1. Is the name of the seer displayed publicly or is it their results? Or both?
2. Since its "a player chosen at random" does that mean the mafia can become the detective too?
3. Are the results posted at the end of the next day phase or the night phase (does the seer have one or two phases to act)?
 From what I understand, the seers are picked randomly and not by the person who had it the previous night

If the mafia cannot become the seer themselves, claiming seer and not being counterclaimed is basically being confirmed human. I'm still trying to decide whether or not its useful enough for the seer to claim since its practically suicide
results are displayed publicly mafia can be detective too, end of night phase
unmotivated

Maelstrom

But does a wolfing/murder prevent seerings?

mikey

unmotivated