Need a music layout/edit that your Finale product can't handle? Ask here!

Started by ZeldaFan, June 02, 2008, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jegilmer

The first one is the arrangement I did for the Xevious music and the second one is the New Rally-X music.

Would it be better if I could get you the finale files I already have? They look crappy, but it might be better than starting from scratch.

Actually here they are anyway haha:
Xevious Music: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wapmx0il2izkzj/Xevious%20Music.mus?dl=0
New Rally-X Music: https://www.dropbox.com/s/acjwhs8z4puhz4z/New%20Rally-X%20Music.mus?dl=0

jegilmer

Huh, apparently the Xevious Music sheet translated from Sibleius 6 to Finale Notepad really well. But the New Rally-X one still needs a decent amount of editing.

Sebastian

Darn it. These are 2012. I have 2011 so I cant fix it any better. I have notepad too. But it's limited.
Here are your options:

1. Ask someone with Finale 2012 Full version (all the updaters would have that).

2. When you submit the song, specify that you need this stuff fixed.

jegilmer

Magic Mole

Hello, I've got an arrangement done in Finale Notepad 2012 if there is anyone who would be willing to help. As of now, I need:
--the key to be changed to G major(I think that's the key, correct me if I'm wrong) without transposing the notes
--8va lines over the high 16th notes in measures 2-5
--someone to remove the Pno. abbreviation before every measure
--grace notes where I've marked before notes with the letter G (not sure if having grace note chords is taboo;if so, just add the top grace note when there are 2 Gs before a chord

[MUS]

I think that's all I need for now, although I haven't touched this sheet for a while so I may be missing something.
Thanks in advance. :)

Edit: It would probably help if I posted the file... ::)

Yugi

Latios212

I'm working on this song:

Can someone make a sheet with:
- 48 measures
- 4/4 time
- A repeat from beginning to end
- A metronome marking of quarter note = 162
- A key signature of 3 flats from measures 19 to 26 (and no sharps/flats for the rest of it)
- 8va notation for the right hand on measures 9-12 and 21-28

Here's what I have so far so you can edit what I already have instead of creating a new one from scratch if you want. Thanks! :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Jompa

Quote from: Latios212 on February 27, 2015, 07:48:11 AM- A key signature of 3 flats from measures 19 to 26 (and no sharps/flats for the rest of it)
Well, doing that would result in faulty key signature. It's still in C-major at that point (a couple of measures in C-dominant phrygian to be exact), but LATER it does modulate a couple of measures to Eb-major, HOWEVER that is only for two measures, besides when a song uses this kind of extremely cliche jazz harmonies (there is that II V I progression: Fm7 Bb7 Eb) that goes to the minor third of the original tonic (this happens a lot); most often it isn't notated if it's only over a few measures (in this case literally just two) - this is because in jazz (more specificly bop, and other genres using this type of harmonies) there are these small temporary modulations all the time, and notating all of those would result in craziness. Besides, in jazz the musician should be competent enough to know that it modulated up a minor third. I know this isn't jazz, but that modulation there is a literal copy of what happens in jazz, so personally I don't think it should be notated - this is supported by that it's only for two measures, and that is also a reason in itself. Just have C-major all the way, that would be best for everyone.
Birdo for Smash

Latios212

Quote from: Jompa on February 27, 2015, 11:21:15 AMWell, doing that would result in faulty key signature. It's still in C-major at that point (a couple of measures in C-dominant phrygian to be exact), but LATER it does modulate a couple of measures to Eb-major, HOWEVER that is only for two measures, besides when a song uses this kind of extremely cliche jazz harmonies (there is that II V I progression: Fm7 Bb7 Eb) that goes to the minor third of the original tonic (this happens a lot); most often it isn't notated if it's only over a few measures (in this case literally just two) - this is because in jazz (more specificly bop, and other genres using this type of harmonies) there are these small temporary modulations all the time, and notating all of those would result in craziness. Besides, in jazz the musician should be competent enough to know that it modulated up a minor third. I know this isn't jazz, but that modulation there is a literal copy of what happens in jazz, so personally I don't think it should be notated - this is supported by that it's only for two measures, and that is also a reason in itself. Just have C-major all the way, that would be best for everyone.

Oh, thank you! I still have much to learn regarding keys and scales and stuff, so thanks for the clarification!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

flygon9

This one shouldn't be too hard. All I need is a standard piano duet layout. (2 bass clefs, 2 treble clefs) The key is C major and it's in 4/4, so this is pretty basic. Also, I can take care of the title and other bits of text, so no need to worry about that. Thanks!

Brawler4Ever

Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

flygon9

flygon9

Wait. Question. The font and sizing for the title and other text is off, and I know I said I would fix that myself, but finale isn't cooperating and it's either too big or too small. Suggestions?

Brawler4Ever

I'm looking at the file that I sent you and I can edit the text just fine. Did you change it to the correct font? It doesn't start in Times New Roman.

It might also be a glitch when changing between MuseScore and Notepad (which is what I did to get the correct layout). :-\

What exactly are you trying to do? Is the problem concerning existing text, or creating new text?
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

flygon9

Let me just say that I totally feel you on the musescore thing. And I changed it to times new roman and all that stuffs, but (this may sound weird) it has something to do with size 24 font. Like, I'll bring it up to the next available size, which is 36, and i's way too big. But size 24 font doesn't seem like it's the right size. I dunno, it's weird.