News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Save Link from Extinction!

Started by The Deku Trombonist, May 09, 2015, 09:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

This crept up on us a bit, but our old URL (ninsheetm.us) expires in about a fortnight. The majority of our sheets on site still have our old URL on them and this is a massive problem. So we need to get them fixed ASAP!!!!!!!

We need as many people to help out as possible.

Guidelines:
1) Only URL fixes.
2) Upload to fixes dropbox and post all links in the other thread. This is done for streamlining reasons. We need PDF and MUS and feel free to also provide MUSX if you use 2014 to help out with some future proofing along the way.
3) This thread is for discussing/claiming/whatever. I know there are a couple of issues that will need sorting out.

How to fix URLs:
We just need the URL at the bottom of the sheet to be updated with our current one, just like it says in the formatting guidelines: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/
Please, please, please use File Info (Or ScoreManager, depending on your Finale version) to do this so the text insert auto updates (if it doesn't auto update on your sheet, you'll have to add the insert yourself with Text->Inserts->Copyright Text). It makes so many things easier in the future.

If we could prioritise the more popular sheets (those with fuller popularity bars) that would be most helpful.

Bespinben

How would I go about fixing a URL? Maybe an example of a sheet. I'm little unsure what to do.

(And maybe change the title to something more attractive to get more attention. I know it's urgent, but Help Deku Get Dates really seemed to get the community going last time)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

The Deku Trombonist

I knew I'd forget something. I added some explanations to the OP, although I'm not quite sure how to explain the part about using File Info and text inserts very well.

If I (or anyone else) think of a cool title, I'll update it. But I'm spending most of my free time trying to race through these fixes.

Note to self: Done Animal Crossing up to Nook 'n' Go and LoZ:OoT up to Lon Lon Ranch.

Latios212

Doing Pokémon, starting from most recent games.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

So we're basically going to update the url on all sheets and post it in that thread you made. Am I right?? 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Also my OCD senses are tingling. Are you sure you don't want me to fix little inconsistencies like the track title, game title, and copyright info as well since we're at it?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Sorry that I can't help with this. Although this was going to be a big part of my editing idea. I'd still like to clean up the rest of the sheets, but it looks like that will have to wait.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on May 10, 2015, 07:59:42 AMSo we're basically going to update the url on all sheets and post it in that thread you made. Am I right??
Yep.

Quote from: Latios212 on May 10, 2015, 08:19:44 AMAlso my OCD senses are tingling. Are you sure you don't want me to fix little inconsistencies like the track title, game title, and copyright info as well since we're at it?
If you want, sure. eg if the sheet has no formatting whatsoever.

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 10, 2015, 08:21:08 AMSorry that I can't help with this. Although this was going to be a big part of my editing idea. I'd still like to clean up the rest of the sheets, but it looks like that will have to wait.
No worries, we do what we can when we can.

Also, leave out the Banjo section for now, I need to work out what to do there. I might just fast track the uploading of the replacements, we'll see.

Latios212

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on May 10, 2015, 08:40:50 AMIf you want, sure. eg if the sheet has no formatting whatsoever.

Not a problem yet but when it gets to that point I'll try and fix formatting a little bit.

For now I'm just making the text consistent as it varies a lot from sheet to sheet right now.

Also fixing track titles. I'll let you know which ones.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Go ahead and skip any sheet I arranged, I have all of my files updated and I'll go upload them later today.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Tobbeh99

I can take Zelda: Oracle of Season/Ages, since I'm already arranging songs from those games, I might as well clean up some sheets.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

I've done The Legend of Zelda (NES), Zelda II, LoZ: Majora's Mask, Zelda's Adventure, LoZ: A Link Between Worlds, Star Fox (SNES), and Star Fox 64 in that order.

Oh and everyone can just leave Pokemon RBY because the links are already getting fixed as part of the Fixing the Sheets Project 2.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

As I was fixing some Zelda Oracles' sheets, I had the intention of also correcting some names. And I wonder:
In the game all dungeons are called "levels" and in a lot of ost-videos on youtube there are called levels.
So my question is: should I change the name of those songs? For example "Ancient Ruins" would be "Level 6 - Ancient Ruins", or something like that.

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

A lot of times, Youtube soundtrack playlists get the titles wrong. Go with the OST if you can find a listing of that.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Please, please, please, only fix URL's. It will save the updaters soooooo much time.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!