News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Next Official Arrangement Project! -Poll closed-

Started by DonValentino, July 04, 2015, 01:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which game should be featured in the next Arrangement Project?

Xenoblade Chronicles
8 (16.7%)
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
4 (8.3%)
Kirby Super Star Ultra
6 (12.5%)
Mario Kart 8
11 (22.9%)
Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
11 (22.9%)
Pokémon HeartGold & Pokémon SoulSilver
7 (14.6%)
Star Fox 64
2 (4.2%)
Earthbound Beginnings
4 (8.3%)
Final Fantasy IX
4 (8.3%)
Mega Man X5
1 (2.1%)
Kirby's Epic Yarn
9 (18.8%)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
10 (20.8%)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
12 (25%)
Sonic and the Black Knight
5 (10.4%)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
18 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: July 16, 2015, 11:04:06 AM

DonValentino

The PM AP has finally reached completion, congratulations! Consequently, this is a topic to discuss which game should be featured for the next Arrangement Project. Here's a breakdown of the steps we'll be following:
  • Every user shall nominate a single game so it is added to the poll. If possible, it'd be nice if you could explain why you chose that game, it could always convince other users to pick your option!
  • Once we reach 15 game nominations, the poll will open to voting. Every user can vote up to 3 options. Past 10 days, it will be closed, and the game with most votes will be the one chosen for the next AP. If there are more than one games with the same number of votes, a second round will take place with just those games.
  • Another topic will be created specifically for the AP in question.

Nominations will be added below:

- Xenoblade Chronicles (Maelstrom)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (NocturneOfShadow)
- Kirby Super Star Ultra (AwesomeYears)
- Mario Kart 8 (mariolegofan)
- Pokémon X & Pokémon Y (SlowPokemon)
- Pokémon HeartGold & Pokémon SoulSilver (Latios212)
- Star Fox 64 (JDMEK5)
- Earthbound Beginnings (DonValentino)
- Final Fantasy IX (Brawler4Ever)
- Mega Man X5 (Tobbeh99)
- Kirby's Epic Yarn (Nebbles)
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (videogaminglegodude)
- Super Smash Bros. Melee (Bespinben)
- Sonic and the Black Knight (Boost the Cat)
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Olimar12345)

Olimar12345: for record purposes, here's the link to the old thread: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=6389.0

Olimar12345

With 15 options, I feel 3 votes per user would be adequate.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

This sounds like the perfect way to do it.
I will nominate Xenoblade Chronicles, once and for all time.
Why I think the Xenoblade Chronicles soundtrack is so good
First and foremost, it is a soundtrack you can listen to and enjoy easily without playing the game. There are a few songs it helps to know the context for, but the majority of the pieces are beautiful background pieces and battle themes.
Here's a playlist of the entire soundtrack on youtube.
The soundtrack is split up into two 2-disc parts. The first half has all the songs that take place durring cutscenes, while the second half has all the field themes and battle music. As such, as a whole, the 2nd half is much more interesting than the first half.
Why do I think this soundtrack is so excellent? For one, nearly all of the songs are arrangeable, despite being string based for the most part. Secondly, there is a vast variety of music, ranging from epic string songs, to guitar battle themes, to this. Additionally, the songs range in difficulty quite a bit. This way, everyone can find something to fit their arranging skills and their taste in style. Did I mention Yoko Shimomura did a few of the songs?
Finally, some song samples to back up my lengthy opinions:
If you just listen to one, listen to this one.
Cutscene Songs (Possible Spoilers Are Marked)
BGM/Battle Themes (There's a lot)
I apologize for the large amount of songs I just dumped here. I find it really hard to chose a favorite or something that best describes the soundtrack as a whole.

extra note: Xenoblade Chronicles is quite popular, as noted by the popularity rating on the site. The main problem with it is just the size of the soundtrack. It's pretty obvious that we would get nowhere near to the completion of the entire soundtrack. And, as a side note, nearly all the videos in the soundtrack have 50% more views than when I last looked at it a few months ago. So there's that too.
[close]

Other stuff I'd like to nominate, but can only choose one:
Bravely Default
Fire Emblem Awakening
If anyone decides to nominate one of these, they have my full support.

DonValentino

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 04, 2015, 01:58:42 PMWith 15 options, I feel 3 votes per user would be adequate.

Good, 3 votes it is!

I nominate Earthbound Beginnings.

Pros:
- Relatively short and accessible 8-bit soundtrack.
- With the ones we have on site, it should be done in a breeze.
- Popular franchise and relatively popular tunes.
- Recently revived through the VC.

Cons:
- Old game, old soundtrack.
- Not very known game in the series, others may prefer Earthbound or M3.

Brawler4Ever

Final Fantasy IX

Here's why
Final Fantasy IX is considered by many fans of the series to be Square Enix's greatest work (until that time, arguably). It is the culmination of over a decade of history that references each piece in its own right. From showing the Warring Triad from Final Fantasy 6 to allowing the heroes to go after 4 crystals (the pieces of Alexander, technically), its music outshines its predecessors through experience and emotional depth. Consider Loss of Me or Bittesweet Romance. Both tell a story in their own right. And, for the musical adept, they can find great pleasure in arranging songs like Melodies of Life or Eternal Harvest. Heck, even the Title Theme would be fun to arrange.
Here is the entire playlist.
I've already started on Loss of Me and Vivi's Theme of my own accord, and would greatly appreciate the full force of NSM completing this masterpiece of a game!
[close]

Other honorable mentions:
Final Fantasy 7
Diddy Kong Racing
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Tobbeh99

I nominate Mega Man X5

It's a game that got a good rocky soundtrack, and there are no sheets at all from the game on site.

Soundtrack
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

DonValentino

Added all the nominations so far. Please share your choices everyone, first come, first serve, and we just have 5 places left!

Nebbles

I'll nominate Kirby's Epic Yarn, the OST is amazing and has a lot of great songs, and would be a lot of fun to do. We already have a few songs done, anyway, so I don't see why not.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: DonValentino on July 04, 2015, 01:52:15 PMThe PM AP has finally reached completion, congratulations! Consequently, this is a topic to discuss which game should be featured for the next Arrangement Project. Here's a breakdown of the steps we'll be following:
  • Every user shall nominate a single game so it is added to the poll. If possible, it'd be nice if you could explain why you chose that game, it could always convince other users to pick your option!
  • Once we reach 15 game nominations, the poll will open to voting. Every user can vote up to 3 options. Past 10 days, it will be closed, and the game with most votes will be the one chosen for the next AP. If there are more than one games with the same number of votes, a second round will take place with just those games.
  • Another topic will be created specifically for the AP in question.

Nominations will be added below:

- Xenoblade Chronicles (Maelstrom)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (NocturneOfShadow)*
- Kirby Super Star Ultra (AwesomeYears)*
- Mario Kart 8 (mariolegofan)*
- Pokémon X & Pokémon Y (SlowPokemon)*
- Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Latios212)*
- Star Fox 64 (JDMEK5)*
- Earthbound Beginnings (DonValentino)
- Final Fantasy IX (Brawler4Ever)
- Mega Man X5 (Tobbeh99)
- Kirby's Epic Yarn (Nebbles)

*These are from the old AP discussion thread, and since they were nominated some time ago, their respective user may change them, but only once, in case they have changed their minds. Still, they're valid.

from this, I can only see 11 nominations.  does that mean that more can be submitted?
For lack of anything better to say, I love the Miis.

Tobbeh99

Yes I guess.
"2. Once we reach 15 game nominations, the poll will open to voting."
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Doesn't matter to me. Whatever game is picked I'll arrange as many as I can just as hardcore as I did with Paper Mario.

videogaminglegodude

OK.  I want to suggest new super mario bros wii.  I fell that this song has a lot of great tunage, like the title theme, final boss 2, beach overworld, and lots more.  also, there are several requests for tunes from this game, and we are only at 5 LOUSY TUNES RIGHT NOW!!!!!  so, I think that we could use some others.

P.S.  I also happen to know that mariolegofan has several arrangements from this game.(shojut out to marioLF for loopdeloop galaxy! :D)
For lack of anything better to say, I love the Miis.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: videogaminglegodude on July 05, 2015, 05:02:42 PMOK.  I want to suggest new super mario bros wii.  I fell that this song has a lot of great tunage, like the title theme, final boss 2, beach overworld, and lots more.  also, there are several requests for tunes from this game, and we are only at 5 LOUSY TUNES RIGHT NOW!!!!!  so, I think that we could use some others.

P.S.  I also happen to know that mariolegofan has several arrangements from this game.(shojut out to marioLF for loopdeloop galaxy! :D)

FYI if you really want to play the New Super Mario Bros. Wii soundtrack, you can buy the official piano solo book (which includes EXCELLENT, Nintendo-approved arrangements of many of the soundtrack's pieces) for between $10-15.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Boost the Cat

I doubt this stands a chance, but here we go: I nominate Sonic and the Black Knight for the Arrangement Project.

First off, the Sonic section of this site is EXTREMELY lacking. There are many great games that don't have any songs on this site at all (Sonic Adventure being one of them, along with Sonic CD, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Colors, and Sonic Lost World.) Though Sonic and the Black Knight wasn't exactly that popular, the SOUNDTRACK was quite unlike any other Sonic soundtrack ever released.

Here are some samples:

Misty Lake

https://youtu.be/i7u7wbar2E4?list=PLDEDE433D46179179

Dragon Slayer

https://youtu.be/kMpdJXztDbw

Deep Woods

https://youtu.be/owbv8LjhJ5Y?list=PLDEDE433D46179179

Shrouded Forest

https://youtu.be/DvqiEgARujI?list=PLDEDE433D46179179

Theme of Great Megalith

https://youtu.be/5-Gi-Uhruoo?list=PLDEDE433D46179179

Simply amazing.

Vote "Sonic and the Black Knight" for the next Official Arrangement Project!

Expecting a signature?
Too bad. Waluigi Time.