The UNOFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project

Started by Yug_Guy, September 30, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I keep the claiming system in place?

Yes. I feel better knowing that someone else won't try to arrange the same song as I am.
No. I'd like to arrange the songs I want on my time, not on someone else's whim.
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Yugi on November 10, 2015, 09:15:11 PMhhahahah

dropping death by glamour (its far harder than I thought it would be), picking up power of neo instead

I think I'll claim it. Might end up dropping it and/or Undertale if I don't have enough time.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Enaryok

Here's my first try on the Full Menu, but I'll need some feedback:

-I'm not sure about the two last measures, for the right hand
-I tried harmonics but since I usually suck at it, I'm in a doubt for measures 5 to 8. (I tried enhancing harmonics in transcribing the chords and arranging it too sound good)
-Formatting, am I doing it right?

093 - Full Menu

Sebastian

braix

Quote from: Enaryok on November 11, 2015, 10:11:24 AM-I'm not sure about the two last measures, for the right hand
I hear E D C for the last 3 notes of m.9 and m.11

Quote from: Enaryok on November 11, 2015, 10:11:24 AM-Formatting, am I doing it right?
I think you could make it fit 3 measures instead of 4.
Also are all the notes in the left hand stacatto?
Does this song loop in the game or no..?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Enaryok

Quote from: braixen1264 on November 11, 2015, 10:34:24 AMI hear E D C for the last 3 notes of m.9 and m.11
I think you could make it fit 3 measures instead of 4.
Also are all the notes in the left hand stacatto?
Does this song loop in the game or no..?

Thanks fo the notes, I felt something wasn't that right, couldn't get my hand on it. ^^
I'm not sure it's possible to stack 16 beats in 3 measures...

As indicated, the left hand only plays staccato, I put it like that to lighten the formatting. It's not possible to indicate the same for the right hand because of the end of measure 2 (and 6) which is played legato.
I'll add repeat brackets, since it's a looped theme.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll be able to submit it thanks to mariolegofan and you! =)

EDIT: Dropbox Links, even if I'm gonna submit those
002 - Start Menu
093 - Menu (Full)

EDIT bis: Submission links
002 - Start Menu
093 - Menu (Full)

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mastersuperfan on November 11, 2015, 05:45:32 AMI think I'll claim it. Might end up dropping it and/or Undertale if I don't have enough time.
I'll put you down for it. And for the record, if you do drop them, I won't hold it against you. This isn't a formal project at all.

Quote from: Enaryok on November 11, 2015, 10:58:20 AMEDIT bis: Submission links
002 - Start Menu
093 - Menu (Full)
Quick note: if any of you guys have your pieces in submissions, please let me know. I'd rather link to submissions than to a dropbox link.

Sebastian

Feedback for:
Nyeh Heh Heh! - by Yug_Guy

- Those staccatos you have throughout the piece I would have as Staccatissimos. Those notes in the original are extremely short which is why I recommend these.
- The correct notes in the bass from measures 1-12 are C-Eb/G-C-F#/A-C-Eb/G-C-D/F#.
- Slurs would be perfect for the bass on beats 1 to 1.5, 2 to 2.5 etc.
- Instead of putting 32nd notes in measure 29 it'd look much cleaner as grace notes. Same with measures 15 & 16.
- For consistency, put the F in the right hand and put parenthesis around it.
- In measure 16, Dbs are C#s.
- Don't forget dynamics!
- Also, for future reference, don't be afraid to experiment with slurs and articulations. Those really make a piece!
To save you time: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlj590sk5imfvss/016%20-%20Undertale%20-%20Nyeh%20Heh%20Heh%21%20-%20Yug%20Guy.mus?dl=1
If you have any questions or disagreements, please tell me!

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 11, 2015, 04:36:26 PMIf you have any questions or disagreements, please tell me!

THE GREAT PAPYRUS APPROVES OF YOUR MUSICAL SHEET! NYEH HEH HEH!

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

JesterMusician

Yug_Guy, you should look at my Bonetrousle arrangement for reference because the songs are so similar. I think the last note in 7 is an A natural, and the mordent in 20 should be an upper mordent. In mine, I hid most of the articulations and used a simile instruction to keep the score uncluttered.

I think you should really think about what each articulation means. What's the difference between staccato and staccatissimo? What's the difference between tenuto, slurs and unarticulated notes? Are these differences meaningful enough to include them at all, or do they needlessly complicate the piece?

Sebastian

Quote from: JesterMusician on November 11, 2015, 10:22:03 PMYug_Guy, you should look at my Bonetrousle arrangement for reference because the songs are so similar. I think the last note in 7 is an A natural, and the mordent in 20 should be an upper mordent.
You might wanna get these updated as well^

Quote from: JesterMusician on November 11, 2015, 10:22:03 PMI think you should really think about what each articulation means. What's the difference between staccato and staccatissimo?
Quote from: mariolegofan on November 11, 2015, 04:36:26 PMThose staccatos you have throughout the piece I would have as Staccatissimos. Those notes in the original are extremely short which is why I recommend these.
Staccatissimos indicate that the notes should be extremely separated and distinct.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: JesterMusician on November 11, 2015, 10:22:03 PMYug_Guy, you should look at my Bonetrousle arrangement for reference because the songs are so similar. I think the last note in 7 is an A natural, and the mordent in 20 should be an upper mordent.
Fixed the A natural, can't fix the mordent in Notepad.  :(

Quote from: JesterMusician on November 11, 2015, 10:22:03 PMI think you should really think about what each articulation means. What's the difference between staccato and staccatissimo? What's the difference between tenuto, slurs and unarticulated notes? Are these differences meaningful enough to include them at all, or do they needlessly complicate the piece?
MLF already got most of these when he fixed it. I'm not super familiar with anything more advanced than staccatos, legatos, and accents (thus, the lower mordent). It's an acquired talent that I have yet to master.

Sebastian

Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 12, 2015, 08:31:21 AMMLF already got most of these when he fixed it. I'm not super familiar with anything more advanced than staccatos, legatos, and accents (thus, the lower mordent). It's an acquired talent that I have yet to master.
I'm not able to right now, but we can talk about it later!

FireArrow

Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 12, 2015, 08:31:21 AMMLF already got most of these when he fixed it. I'm not super familiar with anything more advanced than staccatos, legatos, and accents (thus, the lower mordent). It's an acquired talent that I have yet to master.

He's asking you to use your own intuition and second guess what MLF did. He probably disagrees with his decisions but doesn't want to go around saying "I'm right, he's wrong" and rather let you decide what's best for your arrangement.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

Quote from: FireArrow on November 12, 2015, 01:06:54 PMHe's asking you to use your own intuition and second guess what MLF did. He probably disagrees with his decisions but doesn't want to go around saying "I'm right, he's wrong" and rather let you decide what's best for your arrangement.
I agree^

Yug Guy, if you don't agree with me, it's not a big deal :P 
Feel free to speak up!

Also, I'd like to hear what Jester thinks.