News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Recommend Underrated/Undiscovered Games Topic

Started by Olimar12345, February 02, 2016, 04:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Zunawe

The name rings a bell. Kinda like I've heard it a few times just browsing the Internet and it just popped up out of the blue.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Dudeman

I totally thought Zun's post was going to turn into a sarcastic roast of how Nitro is always talking about it.

As for me, all I can really say is TWOOO POINT FIIVE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and BUMFACE and that's it.

(also congrats on reaching 2000 posts Zun)
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nitro Indigo

Maybe I have been over-talking about Klonoa recently, but at least it's not as bad as when I was over-talking about a certain other game... I'd rather not talk about it.
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Dekkadeci

For underrated puzzle games, Diamond Digger Saga has been great fun. Dandy execution of the "clear groups of 3 or more items of the same colour" game type--good level design, art direction that's right up my alley, and popping so many gems at once looks and feels spectacular (and happens pretty often--not as much painful popping of exactly-3-item groups than in other games). Getting a free, useful power-up every day helps. I don't like the latest direction the creators are taking this game--they added and then took away an entire series of harder versions of levels, and I updated the game just now and they just made the life recharge time the typical 30 minutes instead of the original 10. But I'm a sucker for good puzzle game mechanics, and keeping level unlock rates at 1 day instead of the more typical 3 made me feel like this game actually addresses the concerns of puzzle gamers.

I like it a lot more than Pet Rescue Saga (from the same creators, probably more famous)--although that game has the same game type, it was less intuitive and a much bigger pain to play, so I uninstalled it about 10 levels in.

Trainer Ave

Contra
Crystallis
Final Fantasy Legend Chronicles.   (I realize everyone has heard of Final Fantasy however the 3 GBC games Final Fantasy Legend I, II, and III are so undiscovered it's crazy.)
I'm not sure how many people know about this next one but....Hey You Pikachu
Inuyasha Secret of the Divine Jewel
Ingress
Legend of Zelda: Voyager of Time (not an official game)
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Nitro Indigo

SlowPokemon

how original and insightful considering it's also made by Niantic and has the same basic gameplay
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Trainer Ave

YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Maelstrom

Nitro Indigo

swimswamit

Lisa! Fantastic game, came out a little while before Undertale I think but didn't get anywhere near as much exposure, definitely worth picking it up on steam. Small, 2d indie game a great soundtrack.

Night in the Woods is looking preeetty good too, haven't gotten far into it but the fanbase is already riling up for it, it seems.

Dudeman

Hey, Lisa! I know Nebbles is a fan, and I was gifted the game on Steam and know the basic premise etc., but haven't touched it yet.

Honestly I'm such a lightweight when it comes to disturbing/horrific stuff (even if there's plenty of comedic overtones) that I'm not sure if I'll get very far but eh
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

swimswamit

Definitely worth it. The real pain didn't hit me till the dlc, and then it was so so painful. The general layout and atmosphere of things is so unique that's it's worth a few hours of depression, at least to me. And the humor lightens up at least a bit of it. I tend to liken some of it to Undertale, in the way that when you got to a certain part in that game (i.e. Asgore) your mouth just dropped at the rush of everything at once, the complexity of the idea behind the fight, the music, the characters, and that's what I get from this game also. The first couple minutes should show you what you're up against. Anyway, I really hope you try it. :)