News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Official NSM Shirt Design Thread

Started by braix, February 25, 2016, 09:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Est. Text; Small Offset Logo; No Light-Colored Box?

Yes
7 (70%)
No
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Olimar12345

Can we do anything about that bright red against the dark gray in the logo? It's giving me a seizure...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zunawe

It should be darker when it gets printed.

I definitely like D and E better. It's hard to decide though...
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

braix

I'll make sure to lower the red to a darker shade of red.
Also you can change your vote later if you want to so no rush
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Zunawe

By the way, how does the "min quantity 6" thing work? Because that's a restriction on the color and shirt type you picked. (Also a restriction on most of the long sleeved shirts).
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

braix

You can only order them if your order has 6 or more of that color or style.
I'm looking through other websites to see if there are any without restrictions such as these. Hopefully I can find a good one. Otherwise we'll have to stick with the non-restricted options
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

E. Gadd Industries

Ok, it may just be that I'm half asleep, but what's the difference between B, C, and D, and between A & E? ???
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

The light-gray box around the images in B, C, and D differs in size between the three. The text box below the logo in E has more rounded corners than A does.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

O_O I can't believe it was THAT obvious...
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

ZeldaFan

Small suggestion: maybe add the date or year NSM was established? 2005, was it?

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

JDMEK5

I think having "NinSheetMusic" clearly visible on the front is very crucial. I voted design A as it kinda kept the whole block theme of it all and had not only the Logo but the Name all dead center. Though I'm not sure how I feel about the green background.

Quote from: ZeldaFan on March 01, 2016, 12:09:55 PMSmall suggestion: maybe add the date or year NSM was established? 2005, was it?
Yeah this could go at the bottom of the back side.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

E. Gadd Industries

That was my rationale, but I voted E.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

JDMEK5

My thoughts in a nice pretty list:

-Green background looks awkward to me. Like, to the point that that could very well hinder how often I wear it in public.
    -Date of site. Obviously we need a date. Maybe not a copyright, but yeah.
    -On the back should not only go the arranger's name, but also maybe some indication of their status as an arranger (on the off chance that the general public start wearing these kind of things eventually) So maybe like "Arranger
       JDMEK5".
    -Site URL is mandatory imo.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

I like this idea with the shirt. My main problem with pretty much all of them is that they look kind of "empty". There is the logo and that's it. Maybe have like a piano roll under it diagonally, or some sheet music or something in the background. As of now it looks just too boring imo. However the back side doesn't need to be that special, it can only say "Arranger" and under "your name". But the front side could be somewhat more elaborated I think.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

I agree with Tobbeh, and don't really like any of the designs. Perhaps we can use a different logo?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zunawe

It's still a problem to write usernames given we don't have the rights to lots of them (i.e. Olimar, Latios, E. Gadd, etc...). It could be argued that copyrighted material is being unlawfully used to promote the site.

I program things