NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: The Official Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Project  (Read 19383 times)

JDMEK5

• The Banana King
  • Ghost Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Be excellent to each other.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Official Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Project
« Reply #285 on: June 09, 2019, 02:54:56 AM »

- Any reason why the main part isn't written in F minor (like the vs. Commander sheet)?
- Header info on pages 2-3 is outside the margin (as well as the footer on page 1)
- https in URL
- m. 37: typo? Fbb --> Fb
- I think we should spell m. 52/54/56/58 the same way with either En or Fb in the RH of all of them.
- I'd suggest extending the slur from m. 24 to the note it's tied to in m. 25.
Not really finding anything else, looks great :P
Concerning the F minor thing, good point. Didn't give the bass line enough credit I think; I am convinced. Though that then puts it in a weird spot with Dekka's comment below about the opening being in Ab minor. In summary, the piece is modal, so it's a matter of F minor (LH) vs Ab minor (RH). For the intro, I just stuck 6 flats on there with the not-intent of Eb minor but rather a hybrid that will hopefully keep it as simple as possible to read. I feel bad about just throwing all 7 flats on there completely but also going from sharps to flats suddenly; I don't think that's necessary. For the main part of the piece, I do like the consistency argument so I switched that into F minor just to make it clear- the LH wins.

41 - Battle! (Team Galactic) - JDMEK5
Actually, I'm wondering why you opted for a 6-flat key signature (for E flat minor) instead of A flat minor's 7-flat key signature. I hear this theme as being in A flat minor/G sharp minor, regardless of the bassline's tendency to play F minor-like stuff. If anything, this piece has Phrygian tendencies (so it has a better excuse to have a 4-sharp key signature).

(The only bars that initially stuck out to me wrong, it turns out, are actually probably correct according to the original theme.)
Very good points. My rationale for final decision is above, but ultimately I remember that notes are notes and sometimes what it sounds like isn't always totally reflected by the score (as much as we try to make it so as much as possible). The pitches are there and accurate and ultimately that's what counts and there are absolutely different ways to write it out and reason through it from a analysis perspective but I'm going to go with what I described there and that's why. Of course, if there's a better way to do it, by all means let me know.

The file should be updated in the dropbox, but here are the new links anyways:

46 - Battle! (Team Galactic)
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Continuing down the list:

46 - Battle! (Team Galactic Commander) - JDMEK5 [Approved by Latios]

Hope you don't mind, I did a bit of rebalancing of the layout - margins etc. to space everything a bit more evenly. I also removed the overlapping D# in m. 50 (so it now looks like 48) and verified and removed the text about the potentially confusing note (unless that was intended for the performer and not the person checking it?). I personally prefer the descending chromatic line at the beginning over the repetitive one you wrote. It's fine though, up to you what you wanna keep.
Chromatic descending line works for me. I don't think I was able to find your new file but I made the same changes you described in this file here. I also added a few small things like extra articulations and such. Call it the glossy wax finish.

41 - Battle! (Team Galactic Commander)
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 03:12:39 AM by JDMEK5 »
Need a DS MIDI you can't find? PM me and I can probably get it.

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012

Libera

• The Fastest
  • Updater
  • Rupee Ragtime
  • Triangles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #286 on: June 16, 2019, 12:10:47 AM »

just don't turn into him animorphs style...

Haha I'll try not to.

Stark Mountain:

After inspecting it again I'm hearing this
Spoiler
[close]

I'm still hearing Ab-An rather than An-Bb but it is kind of hard to hear.  Also I'm not sure that the En-Fn bend is worth putting in, but I'll leave that to your discretion.

I'm not hearing that at all ;-;

I had another listen and this is definitely what I can hear.  I'm pretty certain I've got the right part since it's playing all of the other notes you've written in.  Maybe someone else can give someone else can give an opinion if we can't agree between us.

The other stuff looks good; I'll fix the articulations later.

Decisive Battle

If you mean the penultimate note, I don't hear it. I think the An in the beginning is the odd one out because the Rh and Lh both play an Ab after that

I think there's only one An in bar 30, but either way I mean the one on beat 1 in the right hand.  An An there sounds really strange to me and I do still think it should be an Ab, but once again maybe someone else can clear it up if we can't decide.

I still hear it

Yeah you're right it's there, my bad.

Not sure if this change happened on your edit or I just missed it before, but the beams on the first group of quavers in bar 15 are quite high and should probably be brought lower.

Once again I'll fix the articulations later.  The other edits look good though!

Zeila

• Mushroom Minuet
  • Beehaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 23, 2019, 08:56:53 PM »

Stark Mountain

I'm still hearing Ab-An rather than An-Bb but it is kind of hard to hear.  Also I'm not sure that the En-Fn bend is worth putting in, but I'll leave that to your discretion.
I changed it and decided to leave in the bend

I had another listen and this is definitely what I can hear.  I'm pretty certain I've got the right part since it's playing all of the other notes you've written in.  Maybe someone else can give someone else can give an opinion if we can't agree between us.
I'll just take your word for it

Decisive Battle

I think there's only one An in bar 30, but either way I mean the one on beat 1 in the right hand.  An An there sounds really strange to me and I do still think it should be an Ab, but once again maybe someone else can clear it up if we can't decide.
Yeah I think I read that backwards, oops lol. The original sounds kind of weird to me but Ab does fit more so I changed it

Not sure if this change happened on your edit or I just missed it before, but the beams on the first group of quavers in bar 15 are quite high and should probably be brought lower.
I think that may be a byproduct of cross staffing. Fixed

The links should still be the same, but I'll post them again for convenience:
Decisive Battle | Stark Mountain

Thanks once again! :>

JDMEK5

• The Banana King
  • Ghost Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Be excellent to each other.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #288 on: June 25, 2019, 08:49:26 PM »

Finished up this one:

26. Battle! (Rival) - [MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Need a DS MIDI you can't find? PM me and I can probably get it.

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeee™
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #289 on: June 28, 2019, 01:58:42 AM »

(...)

46 - Battle! (Team Galactic)
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

Chromatic descending line works for me. I don't think I was able to find your new file but I made the same changes you described in this file here. I also added a few small things like extra articulations and such. Call it the glossy wax finish.

41 - Battle! (Team Galactic Commander)
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Sorry for the delayed response! I think you switched the numbers. I've moved the base Galactic battle grunt theme to the checked once folder as I approve.

For Commander, the file with the edits I made (with margins, measure distribution, other stuff I mentioned) is in the "checked once" subfolder of the main folder. Would you be able to make your new changes on top of that one? (Sorry to ask!)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

• The Fastest
  • Updater
  • Rupee Ragtime
  • Triangles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #290 on: June 29, 2019, 11:06:16 PM »

Brilliant!  We're pretty much there I think, just some final formatting things:

Stark Mountain:

-The page number for page 3 is weirdly positioned.
-I think I'd bring the systems on page 1 a little closer together so that you can bring the start of the music away from the title a bit.
-Due to the slur the 8va on page 3 is very closer to the title so I'd bring those systems down a bit to compensate (you've got tons of white space at the bottom so this shouldn't be a problem.) 
-Finale tends to start the 8vas/8vbs a little too far to the right so I'd adjust all of the starts of them to compensate (move them to the left a bit).

Decisive Battle:

Something I only just thought of, but have you considered writing the right hand of bars 25-34 using bass clef rather than treble?  It get's awfully low at times and the highest it ever goes is Ab which means the most ledger lines you have to use is 3 (and you only do that once) as opposed to having to use 4 twice.

Sorry for the back on forth on these ones, but hopefully we should be done soon!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 23 queries.