LeviR.star's Arrangements - Finishing Off Dragon Quest (NES) ~ 2 New Sheets

Started by LeviR.star, November 18, 2016, 04:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

I'm so happy to finally bring y'all this sheet! I've been waiting to revise it for months now...

62nd

[GB] Kirby's Block Ball - "Boss"

[ZIP]

Sorry I haven't arranged for Block Ball lately. I've been planning on finishing the game's entire soundtrack, revising all previous sheets again for playability reasons, and adding extra duet arrangements. Anyway, this is one of the coolest Kirby boss battle themes of all time. So much better than Planet Robobot's (come at me, KPR fanboys). If you can, whistle away during the first two measures while you play. The whistle wasn't exactly cut out for piano. Enjoy! Much more Kirby on the way!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

This sheet's formatting took longer than expected...

63rd

[GB] Super Mario Land - "Short Themes & Sound FX"

[ZIP] Includes 7 songs, 4 fanfares, and 4 Sound FX! 15 Total!

[Originals Playlist] (SFX Currently Missing)

This sheet, provided that it gets accepted, will complete the entire Super Mario Land OST, not counting replacements. I added 4 sound effects, and 2 of them turned out to have bass parts to them. As I mentioned, this sheet's formatting took a long time, but I'm glad to bring it to you for International Mario Day! (One day late) As always, enjoy! I'll continue to work on converting the sound effects into video format.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

You didn't think I'd ignore this game's soundtrack, did you?

64th

[3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot - "Gorgeous-Go-Round"

[ZIP]

Welcome to my longest arrangement to date, clocking in at 2:55.108 minutes, or 101 measures! Measure-wise, this would've been shorter, but I decided to double the tempo and note lengths. (Suggested by Latios212) This piece has several piano parts in in, as well as guitar (I think?), flute, and tuba parts. Regardless, this song was a lot easier to arrange than most of the other Planet Robobot songs, given the techo-styled nature of most of them. This isn't perfect, and I plan to submit this before summer, so if you have some feedback, please, I encourage you to share it! If you're just here to listen, enjoy! ;)

LeviR.star

I don't think anyone ever wanted this sheet, but it's from a Kirby game, so...

65th

{e-RDR} [GBA] Kirby Slide - "In-Game & Puzzle Clear"

[ZIP]

This is the best I've got right now. In-Game is at 0:59 and Puzzle Clear is at 3:09.

The second most obscure game in Kirby's history, right next to BS Kirby's Toy Box. This might be one of my shortest arrangements (next to Mega Man 3's Stage Start), but since I have made it my goal to arrange from every Kirby game, this one had to be done eventually. In-Game has only a treble line and percussion section in the background, and Puzzle Clear has two treble lines, but no percussion. I'd be seriously concerned if you're not able to play these two. Enjoy! ;)

Oh, and news flash: this sheet completes the entire game's OST.

Zeila

I've got some feedback for Gorgeous-Go-Round. Take this with a grain of salt since I don't have my earphones atm

- Why is the date for the copyright 2012?
- There are missing harmonies in the very beginning (for example, you should fill in the chords in m3-4 (LH) plus other similar occurrences). Personally, I'd put them in the RH and just have the LH play the bass notes for the first two measures
- I suggest lowering the triplet in m4 down an octave and extending the 8va to go over it. It makes more sense imo
- I think this song should be in swing instead of having dotted eighth + sixteenth note combos. This is a big maybe and it's probably best if you get someone else's opinion before doing any changes. If it isn't, then why do you have tied eighth notes?Especially since you have dotted ones towards the end
- m5 and onwards you're missing a note on the LH harmonies (although it's understandable if you don't want to include it for playability reasons)
- Idk why but sometimes you start the slur at the sixteenth note and other times you start it at the downbeat/tied eighth note. Stick to one (I'd go with the latter) unless it really sounds different to you
- m37-41 (possibly til 44?) guitar part (RH) is missing some harmonies
- m23/53/other possible locations I may have missed: it should be an eighth and sixteenth rest instead of a dotted eighth rest
- m77-92 is pretty empty, and I suggest you add something to it even if it's just basic percussion

I didn't go over everything, but some stuff look weird (like m61) and I suggest going over that section again. Overall, not bad

LeviR.star

Quote from: Zeila on March 13, 2017, 11:40:27 PM- Why is the date for the copyright 2012?

That's the default release year for the template; I forgot to change it.

Quote from: Zeila on March 13, 2017, 11:40:27 PM- I think this song should be in swing instead of having dotted eighth + sixteenth note combos. This is a big maybe and it's probably best if you get someone else's opinion before doing any changes. If it isn't, then why do you have tied eighth notes? Especially since you have dotted ones towards the end

Personally, I think swing would dramatically change the rhythm, as swing isn't dotted eighths tied to sixteenths. And I must have not found all of the tied notes after I changed all of the note durations.

Quote from: Zeila on March 13, 2017, 11:40:27 PM- m37-41 (possibly til 44?) guitar part (RH) is missing some harmonies

Sorry; I don't have the best ear for harmonies. Maybe once I get earbuds...

Quote from: Zeila on March 13, 2017, 11:40:27 PM- m77-92 is pretty empty, and I suggest you add something to it even if it's just basic percussion

I had Sebastian helping me with the percussion, but he's always busy now, yet I'll find a way to add some in.

Quote from: Zeila on March 13, 2017, 11:40:27 PMOverall, not bad

Thanks, Zeila! I'll fix everything as soon as I can!

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: LeviR.star on March 14, 2017, 04:50:51 AMPersonally, I think swing would dramatically change the rhythm, as swing isn't dotted eighths tied to sixteenths.
That's all I've ever known swing as. I know that musescore automatically defaults to 60% swing, but if you change it to 75%, it is the same as dotted eighth notes and sixteenths.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: LeviR.star on March 14, 2017, 04:50:51 AMPersonally, I think swing would dramatically change the rhythm, as swing isn't dotted eighths tied to sixteenths. And I must have not found all of the tied notes after I changed all of the note durations.
Swing isn't necessarily triplets either. I've seen sheets give hints as to how much the song should be swung (mainly either triplet or dotted note+half), but the performer doesn't actually have to swing exact to what is described.

I didn't actually look at the sheet, but if it seems like you could put the swing in, you probably should. I'm pretty sure Finale does have an option for dotted note+half swing, or can be set as such.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LeviR.star

Latios212

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on March 14, 2017, 05:04:00 AMI'm pretty sure Finale does have an option for dotted note+half swing, or can be set as such.
Yeah. You can change it to be heavier like dotted eighth-sixteenth (though i would normally recommend writing it out as such), or lighter (as in here and here).
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Suprise Zelda sheet!

66th

[BS-X] BS The Legend of Zelda - "Overworld"

[TOPIC]

I never did think I'd arrange a Zelda sheet, but since Breath of the Wild just came out, and this site finally has the Satellaview/BS-X, I couldn't miss this opportunity. This song is basically the original overworld in 12/8 time, with several different notes and an overall rhythm change. I hope you like it, and don't forget to check out some of the gameplay of this fantabulous remake:

LeviR.star

First multi-sheet update in a while. Sorry 'bout that. Oh, and new format time!

[GB] Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge

67th

Password [ZIP]

68th

Stage Select [ZIP]

69th

New Weapon [ZIP]

As you can well imagine, I'm going to declare this game one of my "Dedicated Games", meaning that I will arrange for every song included, even the unused themes. I'm kinda tired, so I'm going to give a shorter background paragraph here. Enjoy this triple update! *yawn*

LeviR.star

Good gosh, it's been nearly 20 days since my last update! :o Don't despare, though, for I am about to unveil 6 new arrangements, posting them on my birthday (which just so happened to fall on Good Friday). AND HERE THEY ARE!

70th

[GBC] Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble - "Flying"

[ZIP]

71st

[GB] Mega Man IV - "Boss I"

[ZIP]

72nd

[NES] Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - "Boss"

[ZIP]

73rd

[GEN] Mega Man: The Wily Wars - "Stage Select (Wily Tower)"

[ZIP]

74th

[GB] Mega Man III - "Ending"

[ZIP]

75th

[GB] Mega Man III - "Wily Stage 1"

[ZIP]

Phew! That was a lot to go through. At least I'm all caught up with my finished arrangements -- "Flying" was made during Advent season, but I kept forgetting about it! :-\ It felt good to get this over with, though.

NEXT UP (Probably):

[3DS] Team Kirby Clash Deluxe - "Mura Half"

[SNES] Mario & Wario - "Level 7: Balloon Bridge"

[GB] Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge - "Title Screen"

LeviR.star

I've been waiting a long time to be able to do this; thanks, AudioStretch!

76th

[MUL] Mega Man 9 - "Flash in the Dark (Wily Stage 1)"

[TOPIC]

This song is one of the greatest Wily Stage themes of all time. It is the mirror image of Mega Man 2's Wily Stage 1, but longer, and even catchier. This arrangement of mine still has a long way to go, but in the end, I'm sure I'll feel a great sense of accomplishment once it's finally finished. Enjoy!

LeviR.star

The end of the school year sure is busy... fortunately, I managed to stick to my promise and present one of my "Next Up" arrangements:

77th

[3DS] Team Kirby Clash Deluxe - "Mura Half"

[ZIP]

I don't think I've ever arranged a song so close to its release date as I did here just now. Anyway, this arrangement was a cakewalk to put together, and a cakewalk to play, allowing myself and whoever downloads my sheets to relax a little. A few of my recent ones have been, um, deemed as unplayable *cough* Flash in the Dark *cough, cough*. This little tune plays at the very beginning, first heard when good ol' Bandanna Waddle Dee explains everything in the Village of Dream Kingdom. Once you get far enough, you don't hear this anymore, so make sure to appreciate the utter simplicity of this happy little tune. As always, enjoy!

NEXT UP (Most Likely):

[SNES] Mario & Wario - "Level 7: Balloon Bridge"

[GB] Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge - "Title Screen"