LeviR.star's Arrangements - 3 New Sheets (Ghosts 'n Goblins, Deltarune, Mega Man 2)

Started by LeviR.star, November 18, 2016, 04:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

On the 3rd day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

3rd/152nd

[NDS] Kirby: Squeak Squad - "Wonder of the Stars"

[ZIP]

Ignore the title of that YouTube source...

I spent waaaay too much time into researching the name of this song. My only sources were this guy, Vector Harbor (also on YouTube), and Zophar's Domain. His song titles are what I believe to likely be straight from the source: the game's files. And they seem to sound pretty reasonable for Kirby. Anyway, I've put this one off a long time as well; I can't remember exactly, but it's probably almost as old as January 2017. Complicated rhythms (i.e. m3), the second treble line, and things as stupid as the title of the song. But enough of that. Enjoy! I'm really happy to finish this for you guys, and to add another Kirby Nintendo DS title to my PA's library!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

On the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

4th/153rd

{JP}[SNES] Mario & Wario - "Level 4: Ice Cave"

[ZIP]

Thankfully, I was able to post this a little earlier than usual today.

Mario & Wario was a game that utilized the Super NES mouse, which didn't sell very well outside of Japan. This game was then cancelled for international release, so the North Americans wouldn't see a game like this until Mario vs. Donkey Kong: March of the Minis, which had a very similar gameplay. This sheet, while proving to be tricky in some parts, has been one of my easiest so far. I hope to do more songs from this game eventually. Enjoy, and have a merry 4th day of Christmas!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

oh my god mario & wario actually

at the same time i'm not too surprised you arranged this. looks good
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LeviR.star

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on December 17, 2017, 02:36:29 PMoh my god mario & wario actually

at the same time i'm not too surprised you arranged this. looks good

Not too surprised I arranged from an obscure game, or not too surprised that I knew some good OST to arrange? This game's music is so happy; Junichi Masuda did a great job with it.

Either way, thanks, Wah! I really appreciate the support; more than you may think I do!

LeviR.star

On the 5th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

5th/154th

{JP}[BS-X] Satellaview BIOS - "SoundLink Schedule"

[ZIP]

I told ya I would come back to this game BIOS! Not only that, just listening to the song reminded me of traditional Christmas music; (look at the sheet and you may catch what I mean). I'm far from done with this; I plan on arranging every song I can from this, even if I need to learn entire an entire arrangement theory lesson's worth of skills for each one! This one had introduced some new note overlapping and chord progression challenges, but I managed to improvise better than expected. Anyway, I need to get some sleep, so enjoy! We're nearly less than a week away now!

LeviR.star

On the 6th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

6th/155th

[SNES] Super Bomberman 3 - "Winterland (Stage 5)"

[ZIP]

Phew! I'm halfway through, and haven't missed a day yet! I didn't know how long this sheet was going to take me, but I'd say it probably took about half an hour in the end, surprsingly. I don't get songs with key changes very often, but this went from a happy carousel straight to 19th century Russia. In other news, I was listening to more of this game's OST, and decided I may come back to it someday. But, for now, I'll be focusing on my remaining 6 sheets until Christmas is over. Stay tuned, and enjoy!

P.S: A new milestone! 50 sheets in the "Other" category! (though still about 50% of them are from Balloon Kid anyway...)

LeviR.star

On the 7th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

7th/156th

[MUL] Mega Man & Bass - "Cold Man Stage"

[ZIP]

Why haven't I done many songs from this game? Oh yeah; now I remember...

Here I am, posting this 45 minutes to midnight where I live. Because I need to get up early, I'll make this short. This sheet was an absolute nightmare, and I am so disappointed with it that I'll be submitting it to get it the proper feedback it needs. Enjoy what I have for now, and good night!

LeviR.star

On the 8th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

8th/157th

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - "Frozen Hyrule"

[ZIP]

What? A Zelda sheet?!? What's gotten into him?

Now here I am, posting this 10 minutes to midnight where I live. At least this was a tiny bit easier than Cold Man Stage. While I am prouder of this one, it's not my best work. I'm deciding on which sheet to submit alongside Cold Man Stage; it will either be this, or Secret Mine (or perhaps something else). Anyway, enjoy this Dark World remix, and have a merry rest of your 8th day of Christmas!

P.S: I didn't even know this was a Dark World remix until about an hour ago. Just goes to show how much of a Zelda fan I am.

88bit

Nice job on the Mega Man and Bomberman sheets. I've always loved the music from Bomberman. Not too familiar with Bomberman 3 through. This tune seems to work fairly well on piano.

LeviR.star

Quote from: 88bit on December 22, 2017, 01:00:07 AMNice job on the Mega Man and Bomberman sheets. I've always loved the music from Bomberman. Not too familiar with Bomberman 3 through. This tune seems to work fairly well on piano.

Thanks, 88bit! I like how it turned out, too. Not too often that happens for me on sheets like that...

*ahem*

On the 9th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

9th/158th

[GBA] Kirby & The Amazing Mirror - "Peppermint Palace"

[ZIP]

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 18, 2016, 05:57:13 PMNext arrangement: hopefully Kirby & the Amazing Mirror's "Peppermint Palace"; it will be my longest sheet so far.

Quote from: Altissimo on January 06, 2017, 01:13:47 PMplz do this its a great song and needs an arrangement

Aaaaaand here we are, a year later. I feel I have done better than I would have if I finished the original draft 12 months ago. Hope you like this sheet of mine, Alti, because it was fun to do, and I'm actually satisfied with a non-chiptune sheet of mine for once.

I'm gonna hit the hay. Enjoy, and have a merry 9th day of Christmas!

LeviR.star

On the 10th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

10th/159th

[MUL] Mega Man 10 - "Absolute Chill (Chill Man Stage)"

[ZIP]

I dunno what you guys think, but I think this song's pretty chill.

*cough*

Anyhoo, I had finished the melody about the middle of this afternoon, but I got distracted with a few things, went to get groceries, and watched my favorite film of all time, (titled It's A Wonderful Life. You guys should watch it if you haven't already). This, like many of the others I've done in the past 9 days, was not easy. I hope it isn't too demanding for the performer, and I also hope it's as accurate as it can be. If not, I'll redo some sections. Enjoy, and have a merry Christmas Eve Eve!

LeviR.star

On the 11th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

A sheet from an entirely Christmas-themed game?!?

11th/160th

[MUL] Daze Before Christmas - "Anti-Claus's Theme"

[ZIP]

This is by far my favorite Christmas sheet yet... what a creative part of the game, which I know almost nothing about! Anti-Claus, rhyming with Santy Claus, with a jazzy minor key Jingle Bells arrangement! Genius! It didn't work perfect on piano, but I think it's safe to say that what I've got right now is pretty ok. You'll just have to let me know.

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! Don't know what time I'll post my next sheet tomorrow, but hopefully before midnight. G'night!

LeviR.star

On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

And now, time to finish off with a sheet from the rare Christmas-themed stage!

12th/161st

[GEN] World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck - "Christmas Stage"

[ZIP]

Welp, I made it! 1 Christmas-themed sheet per day, for 12 straight days, all before midnight! It wasn't easy, and I may have lost a bit of sleep, but it was so worth the challenge and the new additions to my PA! If you're out there, thank you for checking on me; I always appreciate the encouragement!

Merry Christmas, and happy holidays, everybody! As always...

Enjoy!

LeviR.star

It's so good to be back without a deadline!

162nd

[GB] Mega Man II - "Hard Man Stage"

[ZIP]

... which is a good thing, because this is, by far, my oldest revisited sheet to date; I estimate the original draft was created back in mid-September 2016. If you care to see how much improvement has been made since I restarted today, you can see it here. As I've stated before, I'll eventually have this game's soundtrack completed in sheet form, but I'll be taking baby steps.

This sheet may not be completely accurate to the song, but I did the best I could, and I think you may enjoy the end result. Enjoy!

LeviR.star

163rd

[GB] Kirby's Pinball Land - "High Score Entry"

[ZIP]

Wait, when was the last time I posted a Pinball Land sheet?

You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Yikes! Suffice to say, it's been a while.

This sheet wasn't much of a challenge, but it was fun to do. Like most of my GB titles already covered here, I plan to do more from this one; hopefully all of them. Plus, I'll surely be revising some of the ones already here; seriously, Pinball Land is one of my oldest sheet-covered games. I mean, look at this!

This looks like some Finale Notepad 2012-level stuff (because it is)
You cannot view this attachment.

(Note the fake tempo marking)
[close]

Enjoy! I'll be thinking of what to do next very soon!