News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

LeviR.star's Arrangements - 3 New Sheets (Ghosts 'n Goblins, Deltarune, Mega Man 2)

Started by LeviR.star, November 18, 2016, 04:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiaoMigros

A solid collection of sheets and a good read! Thanks for sharing this with us ;D

LeviR.star

Quote from: XiaoMigros on April 05, 2023, 09:46:39 AMA solid collection of sheets and a good read! Thanks for sharing this with us ;D

Thanks for the support, Xiao! That means a lot.

Now, presenting a new sheet, over six years in the making...

469th

[SNES] Kirby's Dream Land 3 - "Miscellaneous Short Themes & Sound Effects"

[ZIP]

Time stamps list
58:35 - Copy Ability
58:40 - Secret Nearby
58:32 - Find Secret
58:43 - Wrong Solution
58:29 - 1-Up
58:16 - Miss (Kirby)
58:13 - Miss (Gooey)
58:21 - Game Over

Better yet, just start at 58:13 and listen for about half a minute
[close]

Well, not really six years in the making. The original version of this arrangement was a series of smaller sheets (which you can find here) that I made on November 1st, 2016, but hadn't bothered compiling together until now. And not all of them were finished—"1-Up," "Miss (Gooey)," and "Game Over" were added by me last night so that the collection can be complete. If you're wondering, yes, I did deliberately leave out "Nintendo Logo," "Got a Star," and "Victory" for various reasons. This all may have taken me over half a decade to get around to, but now it's here! yaaaayyyyy

Before I work on touching up my older arrangements, I really ought to finish my backlog. I know I said some time ago that it was finished, but as you may remember, I did some deep-digging within the last year and uncovered several unfinished arrangements, ones that I think I have a shot at completing. Most of them are really, really old, like first-few-months-on-NSM old. A couple of them were just blank templates that didn't have any actual progress done, so I trashed those. But the rest, those are fair game, so be ready, and enjoy!

(Reminder: You can click on the counter below to see the current list)

Remaining WIP Sheets: 15
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Continuing on with the WIP list, here's another sheet I started back in Fall of 2016!

470th

[NDS] Kirby: Squeak Squad - "Vocal Volcano"

[ZIP]

Ahh, I remember my thought process behind this sheet vividly... it was the middle of the fall semester during my sophomore year of high school, right around the time our theater department was preparing for a production of Mary Poppins. I came up with the idea of arranging this one day, and set to work almost immediately, not stopping to consider whether or not it was above my skill level at the time. As you can imagine, I didn't get very far, only managing to (poorly) transcribe a few of the individual parts before realizing I was not up to the task. The idea of managing all those different lines at once seemed impossible to me, unless I started fresh with a two-piano arrangement—like that was going to happen. I left the sheet unfinished and never touched it again... until now, that is.

I tell ya, leaving projects for later can be a good thing sometimes, because when I started fresh with this sheet today, I finished it in a little over an hour. If only I had known managing the parts was simpler than I thought, all those years ago. But no matter, because it's all done now! Enjoyyyyyyy 

Remaining WIP Sheets: 14
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Today's a special day, because it turns out that 3 of these WIPs were already close to finished! Here comes four at once:

471st

[NES] Mega Man 6 - "Centaur Man Stage"

[ZIP]

[GB] Mega Man IV

472nd

Dr. Wily Stage Boss (Unused) [ZIP]

473rd

Dr. Wily Attacks (Unused) [ZIP]

474th

[NES] Mega Man 5 - "Fake Proto Man Whistle"

[ZIP]

Man, finishing Mega Man IV's OST is an exhausting endeavor. I've already arranged 17 sheets for it, and I'm not even done yet! Plus, the final boss track is still sitting in the dreaded "Never-To-Be-Finished" folder, and I know I'll have to dig it out of there eventually... but it's a nightmare, I tell you! Oh well, at least I was able to knock out 4 WIP sheets at once. "Centaur Man Stage" was also started in Fall of 2016, and I think I know why I didn't finish it; on the PDF, you'll see that I made it to m. 9 before getting scared of the Square 2 arpeggios and dropping the sheet altogether. In the end, it turned out to be an easy fix: shift the Triangle down an octave, and presto, no worries. It won't be easy getting around to the rest of the WIPs, but I'm up to the challenge. Enjoy!

Remaining WIP Sheets: 10

LeviR.star

We're down to the single digits on the WIP list now!

475th

[NES] Mega Man 2 - "Metal Man Stage" (Replacement)

[ZIP]

Oooh, look, another three-staver

I've probably discussed this before, but the on-site Mega Man section has a bit of a weird situation going on. Many sheets from Mega Man 3 through 7 have been covered by Commander6, and while at first glance these sheets look horribly outdated, they're actually not as bad as they seem. Sure, there's some questionable arrangement choices scattered throughout, like all older sheets, but if you listen to the originals you'll find that Commander6 made a solid effort to account for as much of the material as possible. Incorporating the countermelodic and accompaniment material is a real pain in the ass with these sheets, so compared to past replacements that I've done, there's not as many improvements present. So they'll be a somewhat lower priority as far as replacing goes.

"Metal Man Stage" has always been one of my absolute favorite stage themes in the series, so I hope you enjoy this sheet!

Remaining WIP Sheets: 9

LeviR.star

Okay, okay, I'll admit it: this isn't as big of a milestone as the title makes it out to be. But I still spent a lot of time on one of these!

[BS-X] Excitebike: Bun Bun Mario Battle

476th

Short Themes [ZIP]

477th

Staff Roll [ZIP]

It's been a while since my last Satellaview sheet, so I figured I might as well go all-out on this PA update. Originally, the WIP arrangement this all spawned from was just the "Super" theme on its own, but it wasn't a very good one. The way the parts intersect turned me off from it way back in 2019, but now that I've returned to it, I saw no reason not to merge all the short themes into one sheet. And then I thought, hey, since all there's left to do is the staff roll theme, why not arrange that, too? It sure took a while; staff roll themes aren't usually short, and I felt like this one would benefit from the addition of lead sheet symbols, so I had to work on and off on this throughout the week. Then I had Latios look at it, made some edits, and boom! Full soundtrack, complete. I hope you all enjoy this little piece of Satellaview history!

(Am I even allowed to add this game to the "Dedicated Games" section? There's only two sheets to it, this feels illegal...)

Remaining WIP Sheets: 8

LeviR.star

I tell ya, putting off things just ain't worth it. These were a cinch!

[NES] Mega Man 2

478th

Bubble Man Stage (Replacement) [ZIP]

479th

Quick Man Stage (Replacement) [ZIP]

Behold, the unfinished Bubble Man Stage and Quick Man Stage sheets. Yeesh, what a mess...

These were part of a short-lived project aimed at replacing many of Mega Man 2's on-site sheets. I think it might've been tied to the "Featured Arranger" initiative before I eventually settled on covering Castlevania: The Adventure in full, but I'm not for certain. That special update was in 2018, and these two unfinished arrangements were last modified in 2017, so it's difficult to say. What's obvious here is that, when I was faced with problems arranging these two tracks, I didn't put a lot of thought into working around them, and threw in the towel wayyy too early. Coming back to them today, I realized that the solutions were practically right under my nose, and whipped them up in near-record time. And with that, all sheets I've attempted making for Mega Man 2 are now complete, meaning I'm one step closer to finishing the soundtrack. But until that happens, I have a handful of other WIPs to take care of. Enjoy!

Remaining WIP Sheets: 6

LeviR.star

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 04, 2022, 09:13:27 PMBy the way, I removed two sheets from my backlog and transferred them to the "Never-To-Be-Finished" folder. Here's my reasoning:

[GEN] Mega Man: The Wily Wars - "Boss (Mega Man)" - Besides being a terrible take on the series' first boss theme, it's absurdly difficult to play. Sure, I knew I was capable of transcribing it, but can I really expect performers to manage constant 16th triplets at ♩ = 114? This sheet was a bad idea from the start, and the reason why I'll only be arranging Wily Wars's original tracks from here on out. You have my word.

[GG] Mega Man (Game Gear) - "Dr. Wily Stage 1" - The fact that Mega Man II is frequently cited by fans as the worst OST in the franchise just goes to show how obscure this game is. All the composers did was re-arrange tracks from the NES games, and hardly made an effort to improve or reinvent them. This particular track is, strangely, an arrangement of "Quick Man Stage" from Mega Man 2, but it was so boring and pointless that I decided to throw in the towel. If you want to arrange for this game, by all means, go for it! I'm never touching it again.

I hope you didn't have your hearts set on these sheets, because you won't be seeing them in this PA anytime soon. But the real "Quick Man Stage" will be here, someday...

Well, at least I kept one of those promises.

480th

[GG] Mega Man - "Dr. Wily Stage 1"

[ZIP]

481st

[GEN] Mega Man: The Wily Wars - "Boss (MM1)"

[ZIP]

482nd

[NES] Mega Man 3 - "Needle Man Stage" (Replacement)

[ZIP]

Unfinished Dr. Wily Stage 1 | Unfinished MM1 Boss | Unfinished Needle Man Stage

When I reach the point where I'll no longer have time to arrange for NSM, I want to make sure I have as little unfinished business as possible. So I went back through my "Never-to-be-Finished" and reorganized the sheets inside, so that some of them may still have a fighting chance someday; hence why my three sheets for today are "back from the dead," so to speak. The following unfinished sheets, however, will never, without a shadow of a doubt, see the light of day:

7 Abandoned Sheets (and where you can find better versions)
[SW] Kirby Star Allies - "Wish-Granting Palace" ~ On-Site by Zeila
[GBA] Mario Kart: Super Circuit - "Bowser Castle" ~ Arranged by Fantastic Ike
[Wii] Mario Kart Wii - "Menu" ~ Arranged by XiaoMigros & Bloop
[NES] Mega Man 2 - "Title Screen" ~ On-Site by Zeila
[Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii - "Ghost House" ~ On-Site by Sebastian
[NES] Super Mario Bros. 3 - "King's Room" ~ Included in the on-site "Miscellaneous Short Themes" sheet by ThatHiddenCharacter and myself
[SNES] Super Mario Kart -" Ghost Valley" ~ Arranged by Bloop

You may access these ancient sheets using this link.
[close]

A few of these were part of my backlog before others' finished versions were released, and some of them are so old that they pre-date me joining this community. Some of the files have glitched dates, but I can say with confidence that my oldest arrangement here is "Ghost Valley" from 2014. There are even older sheets from 2011-2013, but those were on a different computer and thus cannot be recovered... But all that said, this re-organizing is aimed at giving eight more sheets a second chance, and I'm going to see to it that they, along with the backlog sheets, receive top priority. What are these sheets, you may ask? That's a secret, you'll find out soon enough...

Enjoy! (also yayyyy 30 replacement sheets)

LeviR.star

On second thought, not all of these old WIPs are easy to finish after all...

483rd

[SNES] Mario & Wario - "Level 7: Sky"

[ZIP]

Back when I started this in 2017, my intent was to bring attention to the similarities between this track and Route 24 & 25 from Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow; Game Freak worked on both of these games, and even referenced this fact. I'm led to believe that the resemblance is more than just a simple coincidence, and a deliberate attempt by Masuda to repurpose the melody. I doubt he expected a large body of people to notice this, what with the Pokémon franchise's unprecedented success and all. In my opinion, the material is much more interesting in 4/4 time with the re-worked rhythms, but I'm also probably biased. Either way, I hope this was educational for you all. Enjoy!

Remaining WIP Sheets: 5

LeviR.star

Along with the new Kirby sheet, enjoy two more from Mega Man IV!

[GB] Mega Man IV

484th

Dr. Light's Prologue [ZIP]

485th

Approaching Dr. Wily [ZIP]

486th

[Wii] Kirby's Return to Dream Land - "Magolor, the Far-Flung Traveler"

[ZIP]

What a great day for a monumental occasion like this! It may not be as big as my Mega Man franchise coverage (with a total of 140 sheets) but 100 for Kirby ain't half bad! What with the average length of each sheet being longer than any of my other sections, and the sheer span of games I've represented, I'm very pleased to have reached this point. Thank you to all the arrangers that helped me along the way, you've been a tremendous help.

So, what's next for this section? Well, aside from the three remaining WIP sheets all being from the Kirby franchise (as well as a few in the "abandoned sheets" backlog), I'm still making it my goal to get every game onto the site, and I've still got a number of recent spin-offs to go. It's not a goal that will be achieved quickly, but it'll be worth it in the end, I'm positive. Here are the games that have yet to be represented on the site (I'm submitting my Kirby Slide sheet next month, and then my Super Kirby Clash one later):

Kirby Slide
Kirby's Dream Collection
Kirby Fighters Deluxe
Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe
Kirby's Blowout Blast
Super Kirby Clash

Kirby Fighters 2
Kirby's Dream Buffet
Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe

If you want to see this goal come to fruition, join me! We can get a lot done faster by submitting sheets together. Until then, enjoy!

Oh, and by the way, I've included a new "abandoned sheets" counter at the bottom. Don't bother clicking on it, because it won't tell you which ones they are.

Remaining WIP Sheets: 3

Remaining Abandoned Sheets: 8

XiaoMigros

Congrats on this milestone! Look forward to the next 100 Kirby sheets you're sharing tomorrow :D

LeviR.star

Quote from: XiaoMigros on May 29, 2023, 11:45:47 AMCongrats on this milestone! Look forward to the next 100 Kirby sheets you're sharing tomorrow :D

Thanks, Xiao! While I don't have 100 more ready yet, I at least have this one:

487th

[3DS] Kirby: Triple Deluxe - "Must Dash (Candy Area)"

[ZIP]

In the original draft from 2017, I had a real hard time putting the left hand together. Trying to combine the tuba and banjo parts via chord inversions was something that wasn't coming easily enough for my younger, impatient self, so I gave up only ten measures into the piece. It's a shame, really—on the second time around, writing out the left hand was practically a cakewalk. Heck, I even figured out how to, with some MIDI wizardry, get the 8va in m. 11 - 18 to drop out on the D.S. Overall, this was just another example of an arrangement not nearly as tricky as I once made it out to be. Enjoy!

Remaining WIP Sheets: 2

LeviR.star

Say, unrelated question, but how fast can your fingers move?

488th

[NES] Kirby's Adventure - "Nightmare Wizard"

[ZIP]

2016-era me was certainly not up to the task of arranging this sheet, and I don't blame him for barely making a dent. There's many parts of this arrangement that I wouldn't have been able to figure out on my own back then, so in a way, I'm grateful that I put off finishing this for so long. By the way, if you didn't figure this out after listening to the original, this piece is hard as hell. I don't know if I've arranged anything this difficult to play since "Sunstar" from Mega Man V, which is also a final boss track. That begs the question: if you write a final boss theme that can be easily played on an instrument, did you really write a final boss theme? I'll let you decide for yourselves. For now, enjoy!

Remaining WIP Sheets: 1

LeviR.star

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 31, 2023, 11:45:47 AMSay, unrelated question, but how fast can your fingers move?

489th

[NES] Mega Man 3 - "Dr. Wily Stage Boss"

[ZIP]

Today, I'm posting a finished version of one of my "abandoned" sheets, because the last WIP sheet is still awaiting some feedback from an updater I sent the files to. Now, for the longest time, I had no idea how to finish this one, because figuring out how to account for all three voices is a pain and a half. It's not as simple as dropping out one voice for the whole sheet, because when you remove one of the three essential channels (Pulse 1, 2, and Triangle) you end up with a very empty-sounding arrangement. I ended up devising a combination of the Pulse 2 and Triangle lines for several measures throughout the piece, but unfortunately had to drop out the Pulse 2 entirely from m. 9 - 12. Some of the original material is gone, but the energy is still mostly there, I think. That is to say, the end result is not what I originally envisioned, but it's one that I've decided I'm satisfied with, given the circumstances. Enjoy! Starting with my next PA update, we're entering The Home Stretch...

Remaining WIP Sheets: 1

Remaining Abandoned Sheets: 7

LeviR.star

Not gonna lie, I'm starting to get overwhelmed by all of this...

490th

[SNES] Kirby's Dream Land 3 - "Sand Canyon 3"

[ZIP]

491st

[NES] Kirby's Adventure - "Orange Ocean Map"

[ZIP]

Unfinished Sand Canyon 3 | Unfinished Orange Ocean Map

That's right, folks, we're now entering The Home Stretch, the last 10 arrangements before the big 500 Sheets milestone. But to get there, I need to do two things: finish every last "abandoned" arrangement (the unfinished sheets I'm giving a second chance) and then finish arranging for Mega Man IV. The way everything's planned out, all of this should add up to 9 sheets, landing right onto the big celebration with my final, and by far most difficult WIP. It's for this reason that I'm not sure that I can keep up with my daily streak until I get to that point, but I'm going to try my best. The harder these WIPs are to finish, the more likely it is that I'll need outside help from other arrangers.

Today's sheets were not easy to put together. They each suffered from two very different issues: "Sand Canyon 3" had an abundance of voices to account for, and "Orange Ocean Map" had three very important voices, none of which could be removed. For the former, I had to end up removing the bass line for much of the arrangement, while combining two different parts for the left hand; for the latter, I modified the accompaniment line into a makeshift left hand part, and layered the melody with some extra harmony. I'm certainly not 100% satisfied with either result, but I'm willing to let these be temporary solutions that I'll address if these sheets are ever submitted. 'Tis the arranging way... so enjoy!

Remaining Abandoned Sheets: 7