News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Official Wind Waker Project

Started by Latios212, December 28, 2016, 06:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

E. Gadd Industries

If there are still songs not taken when I finish CPP & SMS replacements, I'll do one.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

nutella511

Quote from: Latios212 on December 29, 2016, 07:59:51 AMThat's one heck of an undertaking. Are you sure?

I'm sure. I've been looking for my next big project. I also just got a midi keyboard to help with it.

mikey

As soon as I get my laptop back I am sure to go ham on this
unmotivated

Bloop

hey maybe i'll finally participate in an arrangement project

I think I'll take Jalhalla Theme and Earth Temple. I may work on some of the other boss themes as well, but I'd rather finish the others before I claim those.

FireArrow

I'll take:

51   Yacht Game
59   The Deku Tree and the Koroks
72   Gohdan
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: SebastianOh, ok. I was going by the D diminished, but that works better. Fixed.
Curious, is this similar to the reason we use C/Eb/F# in C Minor key instead of the diminished (C/Eb/Gb)? These chord variants always seem to trip me up, even when I think I use the correct chords/get them right.
Try and think less about note combinations and more about the underlying theory. For example having a tonic diminished chord in a minor key (or even a major key) given the context, just doesn't make sense. But if you look past the repeated chords and look at it a bit more horizontally and in the context of voice leading, then you'll see that it's just a chromatic neighbour note. Look for elements of theory and let that guide you, not individual notes.

Also in the middle of the 2nd or 3rd line on page 2 (I forgot where, I'm on my phone) where the bass note changes from E flat to E natural on the bar line, a courtesy accidental would help.

mastersuperfan

Farewell Hyrule King

Hoo boy, that took a lot longer than I thought it would. (Those chords at the end were awful to arrange, I tell you; they didn't have any pattern as to what notes were and weren't included.) A few concerns of mine:

• It'd be nice if someone could check/correct my enharmonic spellings, because I'm unsure for most of them.
  • I'd also like some feedback on my pedal markings (mainly m25 and m26) since I'm not sure whether to hold it the whole measure or change it in between. I'm also not sure whether or not I should be including the pedal at all at m33+ since it blurs the low notes.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

FireArrow

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 29, 2016, 05:04:39 PMIt'd be nice if someone could check/correct my enharmonic spellings, because I'm unsure for most of them.

Measure 39: Gb -> F# (out of all the tricky accidentals this was the easy part :3)

Deku is probably gonna call me out on this, but change 26 to a Db. G minor -> Gdim -> F# dim 7 -> G minor makes sense and I don't care about no neighboring chromatics.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

Here are the ones I claimed:

[GCN] - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
-Command Melody (Baton) [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]
-Ballad of Gales [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]
-Wind's Requiem [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]
-Song of Passing [MUS] [Midi] [PDF] [NEW]

All but "Command Melody" include both the baton and normal versions.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Lkjhgfdsa_77

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on December 29, 2016, 06:45:57 PMFifth Day of Hanukkah
Arranged Inside Forest Haven from Wind Waker. I spent a lot of time finalizing the arrangement for the Official Wind Waker Arrangement Project so it's a bit more polished than my other Arrangements of Hanukkah. There are still a few things that will need fixing -
 - every time the left hand plays the repeating marimba pattern, change the clef to treble, and switch back to bass when it's put on the right hand (retain tonal value)
 - put 8va on m1-4 (retain tonal value)
 - m21 - change to 2/4 measure (keep first two beats) and if possible get playback to play the percussion

Quote from: Lkjhgfdsa_77 on September 30, 2016, 05:22:54 PM
Inside Forest Haven||The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
85%, made for the WW Official AP and finalized it.mid.pdf
- Lkjhgfdsa_77
Arr | Tran | LiPo | Intro | YT | Blog

Sebastian

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Inside a House     

Brassman388

A worthy attempt, but simple is always better.

I put my revisions on another grand staff under the original.

mus

Brassman388

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 29, 2016, 05:04:39 PM
  • It'd be nice if someone could check/correct my enharmonic spellings, because I'm unsure for most of them.
  • I'd also like some feedback on my pedal markings (mainly m25 and m26) since I'm not sure whether to hold it the whole measure or change it in between. I'm also not sure whether or not I should be including the pedal at all at m33+ since it blurs the low notes.

Your accidentals are all used correctly. My personal preference is to not use parentheses. Implied accidentals like when going back to the A-flat to the A-natural don't really merit the use of parentheses.

Pedal markings are a little trickier; you're right on thinking that using the pedal on the lower ranges is messy or blurry, but what does the original recording say? How close do you want to get it to the recording? I change stuff all the time because most studio performances are doctored especially when it comes to piano; so in turn, I change things to fit either my needs or the needs of the performer.