ALPRAS's Arrangements - New Zelda Skyward Sword Arr.!!

Started by ALPRAS, July 09, 2008, 04:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think about my arrangements»

Perfect
Good
Mediocre
Horrible
you really dont know how to arrange

ALPRAS

Why dont you accept all of them? Or please accept that musics you said and "Buoy Base". They are my best arrangements. Ive taken out the "Impossible" thing.

Nakah

The thing with Buoy Base is that the red notes in the beginning make it seem impossible and the sheet generally unorganized.. Some of the other sections near the end with the red notes seem fine, but not in the beginning. I would say learn the beginning so that you know whether your arrangement is playable or not.

ALPRAS

New update!
 - New song : "Selection Screen" from Super Mario Bros. 2
 - New MIDI Files
 - Some fixes in "Buoy Base" (Now the song is more playable)
 - Add new part to "Starshroom"/"Toad brigade"

Enjoy!

Nakah

I like that you attempted the character select theme, except G-Han's sounds better and closer to the original one.

Also, I need you to fix every one of your .mus links before I look at another one.

ALPRAS

My arrangement is more complete than G-Han´s and I think its sound better and Its much closer than the original. If you look to the lasts measures of G-Han arrangment, You´ll notice that the song inst that way.Maybe you should listen the original song again. Ive taken another look and you now can make download of the new version.
Why do I have to fix the mus files? They have some problem?

Nakah

Quote from: ALPRAS on September 06, 2008, 03:33:10 PMMy arrangement is more complete than G-Han´s and I think its sound better and Its much closer than the original. If you look to the lasts measures of G-Han arrangment, You´ll notice that the song inst that way.Maybe you should listen the original song again. Ive taken another look and you now can make download of the new version.

No, I think G-Hans has the right pitch in the second part when yours seems off.  G-Han also clearly improvised the ending of it, I was aware it didn't sound that way in the original music.

QuoteWhy do I have to fix the mus files? They have some problem?

Yes, make sure your links lead to the actual .mus file they say they do.

Edit* Listening to both arrangements again, I think G-Han has the advantage because his notes are closer to the original. The red notes at the end of yours is a nice touch and makes your ending sound better, except I feel as though G-Han's closer to it. I would ask for more advice as I'm not completely always right.

ALPRAS

I think that we should ask for the opinion of other people.
In the 2nd part, my pitch seems of but its not my fault. Its Finale fault because I cant make the right pitch with higher sound than the 2nd pitch. The G-Hans arrangement is more simple than mine.
Anyway, Lets the people decide!

ALPRAS

New update! 7th september 2008
 - "Character select" fixed
 - Mus. and Midis download files are now working correctly

Enjoy!(Sorry for the double post  :-\)

Nakah

I will stay with my first opinion on character select, I would like to hear others' opinions.

Brawler4Ever

As of now, I don't like either of them.  :P
1. Neither of them have a Key Sig. (G Major)
2. G-Han's switches between Flats and Sharps.
3. Alpras has a Repeat(something which G-Han's lacks)
5. Alpras, I suggest that you do the following to the sheet:
a. Get rid of all of the black notes in the Right Hand in Measures 15-18.
b. Then, change all of your red notes to black notes.

How Alpras' is better
What could make Alpras' better
What is wrong with both.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

ALPRAS

Well, I agree with you but the key sign is correct (you can check it on hte original song, in youtube) and that tricky part ono the last measures is part of the song (and you can hear it well clear in the O. song)
Ty for your opinion pal!

Im thinking ill make 2 versions of the same music. One just like you and nakah says and another with the tricky part.

Brawler4Ever

In measures 15-18, which notes are we supposed to play? The black notes or the red notes?

ALPRAS

If your talking about the tricky arrangement, you can play the red or the black, but in the original song is the black that you hear more...

This is a thing that ive said to pseudomario about his answer:
"Yes, I know that G-Han is amazing arranging all pieces, but in this arrangement, I didnt like it... a lot, and Im the only one saying this. Maybe because ive listen the original song about 50 times, and 100 times each measure! In G-Hans arrangement, He dont put any staccato in it, when the song have a lot of them (basically, in all the song), His L.H is is all of it one 8va down, he puted wrong rythms in the notes, and he only made the main song, without details, and the worst of it, his measures 15 to 18 were invented, because in that measures, the song have a tricky part that is very hard to listen note by note (a work that ive made with a lot of pacience that nobody cares).
So as you can see, you have to listen the original song about 10 times and LISTEN CAREFULLY all the details of the song, then listen G-Han´s arrangement, and youll find a lot of errors.
Im starting to think that nobody likes my arrangement just because the another is from G-Han. Make what I said: listen the or. song and all of the details."

If you read this, youll see that my arrangement is better than G-Han

Brawler4Ever

Try this for Measures 15-19:
1. Get rid of the black notes and leave the red notes. In my opinion, it sounds nice.
2. Now, open it again and get rid of the red notes and leave the black notes. It sounds waaay too empty.

When actually playing the song, the player is going to play the red notes.
When listening to the song, the black notes get in the way of the melody.  :-\

Also: You didn't provide a single midi of the Character Select Song.  :)
[EDIT] And I know that those black notes are in the song. I can hear them. But, they're not good for a piano arrangement.

blah54

alright... to add my opinion... alpras's version of the selection screen is simply more complete than g-han's version...

playing the black and red notes in bars 15-19 together would be difficult as they often overlap, or make for awkward hand positions that would make it difficult to continue... and like alpras said, red notes are optional notes, attempting to play both red and black notes together for those four bars is, in my opinion, almost a waste of time given the length of the piece... but yes, Alpras's version is much, much better than g-han's version...

i also glanced at your gusty garden galaxy arrangement... bar one, the right hand half-note chord should be a flats, not natural, that dissonant sound is anything but pleasant... also, bar 12, i don't know anyone who can stretch their hand to a 13th interval, so i'd suggest altering that bar... i know they are red notes, but i think they should be played along with the black notes as they are quite important for setting the beat and pacing for the piece...

but good job on your stuff...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.