News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

Just looking at the PDF, there's one that I recognize, but it's a different key than I remember it being. And that is bamboozling me to Kentucky and back.

Dudeman

Quote from: InsigTurtle on May 10, 2017, 02:51:15 PMJust looking at the PDF, there's one that I recognize, but it's a different key than I remember it being. And that is bamboozling me to Kentucky and back.
it's number 10 isn't it
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mastersuperfan

It doesn't take a lot of work to find where #10 is actually from (though that doesn't mean it isn't still annoying...)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

InsigTurtle

I dunno, I just looked through a couple of versions to see if I could find one in the same key, but I haven't yet found it.

And I found something with the same melody as one of the options, but I can't find the specific remix/version used. So I'm just gonna sleep now.

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on May 10, 2017, 01:50:43 PMThe wording is highly suspect

That's the point. Instead of me giving away answers, you guys should do some research if you really want to find out what it is. ;)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Here's the results to my quiz, plus commentary. This quiz turned out to be a bit harder than I thought, although I think many people could have performed better. There were a lot of good instincts here that may or may not have led to a correct answer. Cue frustration:

Battle! (Ghetsis) - Pokémon Black and White
Timestamp: 0:39 (recurring throughout)
Insig guessed this correctly.
Figured this would be a tricky one. The tritones make it quite distinctive, though.
Also acceptable: The BW2 version where this line is slightly more prominent.
Quote from: InsigTurtleoh no i know #1 for your quiz i think
but i forgot the guy's name
because i always used to think they were singing "PEEEEEENIS"
and i started calling the guy "penis"
[close]
Vs. Yin-Yarn - Kirby's Epic Yarn
Timestamp: 0:06
Dudeman guessed this correctly.
[close]
Main Theme - Nintendogs
Timestamp: 0:01
THC and mastersuperfan guessed this correctly.
Also acceptable: the bath theme. Expected Smash to refer maybe a couple of people, and indeed:
Quote from: mastersuperfan3 rings a lot of bells at 180 BPM without the grace notes
[close]
Colony 9 - Xenoblade Chronicles
Timestamp: 0:17
Maelstrom and mastersuperfan guessed this correctly.
[close]
Professor Layton's Theme - Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Timestamp: 0:31
mastersuperfan and Dudeman are the only real gentlemen here.
[close]
Hilltop Chase - Kirby Super Star
Timestamp: 0:28
Levi guessed this correctly.
Quote[12:09:43 PM] Jacob "Maelstrom" Mast: Is it gormet race
[12:09:53 PM] Latios212: N.........o
[close]
Mother Earth (Title Screen) - Mother (EarthBound Beginnings)
Timestamp: 0:59
Yug Guy and Dudeman guessed this correctly.
Quote from: Maelstrom#7 sounds like a hymn
[Indeed it does!]
[close]
Main Theme - Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Timestamp: 0:27
Yug Guy and Static guessed this correctly.
[close]
Beachside Dream - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Timestamp: 0:42
Static, THC, and Levi guessed this correctly.
[close]
The Sky - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Timestamp: 0:46
Yug Guy, THC, and Dudeman guessed this correctly.
[close]
Passion for Exploring - VVVVVV
Timestamp: 0:52
mastersuperfan and Maelstrom guessed this correctly.
Quote from: mastersuperfanwell at least this is my next next quiz not my next quiz so I haven't transcribed yet
Quote from: MaelstromDANG IT
I WAS GOING TO INCLUDE PASSION FOR ADVENTURE
[close]
Ending - Super Mario Bros. 3
Timestamp: 0:34
Static, THC, Insig, Dudeman, and Levi guessed this correctly.
Was curious who would know this one. Apparently it sounding enough like a retro Mario credits theme is enough to go on.
[close]
Star-Stealing Girl - Chrono Cross
Timestamp: 0:51
No one people guessed this correctly :(
Chrono Cross isn't the most well-known thing out there, but I had a feeling someone would know this one. They just didn't get it....
Quote from: mastersuperfanoh god no I do remember this
Quote from: mastersuperfanscreams infernally
Fun fact: the first part sounds like Zelda's Lullaby.
Funner fact: it's in G MAJOR. Whaaaat
[close]
Goldenrod Game Corner - Pokémon Gold/Silver
Timestamp: 0:44
Dudeman guessed this correctly.
[close]
Tomorrow Hill - WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Timestamp: 0:41
No one guessed this correctly :(
I figured this one would be a stretch. With a quiz this long, it's impossible not to indulge in one or two :P Though...
Quote from: mastersuperfanI feel like #15 is being performed by that kind of weird children-sounding group of voices
Fun fact: This is a very clearly 4/4 song, but it's written in 5-bar phrases.
[close]

And winners! No big surprise (except for the low numbers all around)...

Spoiler
Dudeman - 6
THC - 4
mastersuperfan - 4
Yug Guy - 3
Static - 3
Levi - 3
Maelstrom - 2
InsigTurtle - 2
[close]

Thanks for playing!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 10, 2017, 04:11:12 PMThat's the point. Instead of me giving away answers, you guys should do some research if you really want to find out what it is. ;)
But that's not the point. We want to know whether or not you had the gall to include a song from a long-obscure 90's Japanese-only console.

You have to remember Levi, you and I are probably the only people on this forum that know anything at all about the Satelleview besides its name. To expect anyone else to know anything at all about it or its games (let alone its soundtracks) is simply ludicrous.

Dudeman

hey i know about the satellaview thanks to zelda but i don't know that much
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on May 10, 2017, 04:20:04 PMVs. Yin-Yarn - Kirby's Epic Yarn

Darn, I thought this was it, but the rhythm sounded a little... off. I dunno.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on May 10, 2017, 04:20:25 PMYou have to remember Levi, you and I are probably the only people on this forum that know anything at all about the Satelleview besides its name. To expect anyone else to know anything at all about it or its games (let alone its soundtracks) is simply ludicrous.

It's not that I want people to be familiar with their consoles. I want people to be familiar with their franchises.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 10, 2017, 04:50:11 PMDarn, I thought this was it, but the rhythm sounded a little... off. I dunno.
how did I get a Kirby one that you didn't get

I even thought it was the Kirby 64 boss theme and I know nothing about Kirby

Yug_Guy

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 10, 2017, 04:50:11 PMIt's not that I want people to be familiar with their consoles. I want people to be familiar with their franchises.

But whatever, I don't care anymore. Do whatever you feel like; just don't be surprised if people get a bit peeved off at you when you post the results.

ThatHiddenCharacter

GODDAMN YOU NUMBER 6! I SHOULDV'E RECOGNIZED YOU!
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Dudeman

LeviR.star

Alright, alright, if y'all are gonna be stubborn; one of them is from a BS-X/Satellaview title. No more hints from me for the rest of this round.