News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

And with that, every melody has been guessed by at least one person, including the final five!

(Impressive, Dudeman! Frankly, I was not expecting anyone to get that last remaining one.)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mastersuperfan

Results will be posted about 24 hours from the time of this post. I will be posting a comprehensive list of the scores of each and every participant, as well as which tracks each member guessed correctly. If you barely recognize any and wish not to be shamed, I'm fine with you asking me to take you off the list.

(And THC, you won't be on the list since you specifically requested that your guess not count as participation in the round.)

EDIT: The next person can post theirs early tomorrow if they want, before I've posted my answers, if 24 hours from now is a bit too late.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Maelstrom

Levi's busy, so I'm taking over for now.

Melody Quiz
Second Course
[midi] [.mus] [.musx] [PDF]

Information: 10 different franchises, and 3 of the games were not released on a nintendo platform at any point.

Gogogogo

Latios212

I've got two of them from looking at the PDF... one more seems very familiar, but I can't quite place it yet.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Great news!

Dudeman

Makes a GRAND entrance!

I was wondering when he'd finally sign up. Welcome to the host family, Dudeman!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Maelstrom

mastersuperfan

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 01, 2017, 09:25:50 AMMelody Quiz
Second Course
[midi] [.mus] [.musx] [PDF]
2 are incredibly obvious (the first note of M.1+3 of #1 bothers me though), and one seems kinda familiar, but that's about it.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 01, 2017, 02:10:50 PM(the first note of M.1+3 of #1 bothers me though)
That was the one I recognized, and I, too, thought those notes were off.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

mastersuperfan

It's time for the results!

We had a total of eight participants this round. Every melody was guessed at least once, and all but three were guessed by at least two members.

Answers:

#1 (3/8)
"With Mila's Divine Protection (Celica Map 1)" - Fire Emblem Gaiden

Timestamp: 0:00

This one's first up on the list since it's in Brawl and plays during the Subspace Emissary, so it's quite recognizable for a Fire Emblem tune.

Other Accepted Answers:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl remix
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia remix (ECHOES HYPE)
[close]

#2 (3/8)
"Gloam Valley" - Super Paper Mario

Timestamp: 0:51

One of the catchiest tracks from Super Paper Mario (and I did happen to reference it earlier after THC posted the results of his quiz).
[close]

#3 (2/8)
"Parasailing Minigame" / "Mini-Game Parasail" - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Timestamp: 0:07

I figured this would be one of the more obscure ones in the first ten, but given the popularity of BotW I knew it'd still get recognized by at least a few.
[close]

#4 (1/8)
"Radish Ruins" - Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

Timestamp: 0:03

Oops. I didn't think this one would be so hard to get, but it seems people haven't played this amazing game.

Other Accepted Answers:

"Moving Forwards (Radish Ruins)" from Kirby: Squeak Squad
"Dig and Dash" from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
[close]

#5 (6/8)
"Rainbow Road" - Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Timestamp: 0:33

Not too surprised to see this one as the most widely guessed, especially since it's also in Brawl.

Other Accepted Answers:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl version
[close]

#6 (3/8)
"Battle! Deoxys" - Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen

Timestamp: 0:45

Though chances are most people didn't hear this track while playing FRLG, it starred in the Delta episode in ORAS, which has made it less obscure than it once was.

Other Accepted Answers:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire version
[close]

#7 (2/8)
"Mini-Boss" - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (HD)

Timestamp: 0:11

I'm honestly a bit surprised that only two people got this one, since we have the arrangement project for this game, and also since this game is rather well-known for its music.
[close]

#8 (4/8)
"Vs. Ho-Oh" - Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Timestamp: 0:18

One of my favorite battle themes from one of my favorite games in the whole series. Since it wasn't in the original games, I thought this might have been a bit more obscure than the others, but thankfully I was proven wrong.

Other Accepted Answers:

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire version
[close]

#9 (2/8)
"Deku Palace" - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Timestamp: 0:21

Also a little surprised at the obscurity this one, especially since there's also a Smooth McGroove acapella of it. (Then again, I might be the only one here who actually listens to him...)
[close]

#10 (4/8)
"Piranha Plant Slide" / "Piranha Plant Pipeway" - Mario Kart 7

Pity the people who couldn't figure out that this was a Mario track.

One of the more stand-out themes in the game, and it also made a reappearance in Mario Kart 8. Originally, I had picked a selection from further into the track, but I decide to include the part with the Mario ditties to make people wonder whether or not they actually knew what it was...

Other Accepted Answers:

Mario Kart 8 remix (which is awesome, by the way)
[close]

FINAL FIVE:

#11 (1/8)
"Battle! Battle Tree Boss" - Pokémon Sun & Moon

Timestamp: 1:14

Ahh, yes. This was quite an obscure one. Of course, if I'd picked really any other part of this track, it would've been rather obvious that it was from Pokémon. Even though the selection I picked was short, I figured it would still be enough to recognize it. Sure enough, one person got this one correct (and noted that they were quite proud of it as well).
[close]

#12 (1/8)
"Megaleg" - Super Mario Galaxy

Timestamp: 0:57

I knew this one would be the most obscure one as soon as I put it on the quiz. Indeed, I was correct; this was the last one to be guessed correctly. Ironic, isn't it, how the least known one is from the most played game?
[close]

#13 (3/8)
"Vs. Magolor" / "Under My Control" - Kirby's Return to Dream Land

Timestamp: 0:39

I originally had four measures but decided to extend it to eight. In the end, I suppose those extra measures weren't necessary.

In hindsight, this might have belonged in the first ten instead. Maybe it should have been swapped with #4...
[close]

#14 (2/8)
"Shampoodle" - Animal Crossing: City Folk / New Leaf

At first I'd picked a different part of this track (starting at 0:20), but I figured this one was obscure enough already.

For the record, I've never actually heard this one in-game; I haven't played City Folk and I never unlocked Shampoodle in New Leaf. I purposely went hunting for an obscure Animal Crossing theme to put in the final five.
[close]

#15 (2/8)
"Remix 3" - Rhythm Heaven

Timestamp: 0:00

A very underrated gem in the DS library. Being my favorite music in the game, I had no choice but to use this one when adding in a Rhythm Heaven track.
[close]

And the winner is...
DUDEMAN!  (What a shocker!)

With a whopping score of  10/15!   That's a D+!

Congratulations! A winner is you!
[close]

List of participants and scores

Dudeman (10)
Latios212 (6)
Yug_Guy (5)
Static (5)
InsigTurtle (4)
LeviR.star (3)
Dekkadeci (3)
LuxraySpiral (3)
[close]

Members who guessed each one

1. Yug_Guy, Dekkadeci, Dudeman

2. Latios212, InsigTurtle, Static

3. Latios212, Static

4. LeviR.star

5. Yug_Guy, Latios212, InsigTurtle, Static, Dekkadeci, Dudeman

6. Latios212, LuxraySpiral, Dudeman

7. Yug_Guy, Dudeman

8. Latios212, InsigTurtle, LuxraySpiral, Dudeman

9. Yug_Guy, Dudeman

10. Yug_Guy, LeviR.star, Static, Dudeman

11. Dudeman

12. Dudeman

13. InsigTurtle, LeviR.star, Dekkadeci

14. Static, Dudeman

15. Latios212, LuxraySpiral
[close]

That's it for this round, folks! Hope you all had fun!

Yug_Guy

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 01, 2017, 02:30:34 PMDudeman (10)
Latios212 (6)
Yug_Guy (5)
Static (5)
InsigTurtle (4)
LeviR.star (3)
Dekkadeci (3)
LuxraySpiral (3)
Aaaayyyy 3rd place! That's certainly a lot better than I thought I was gonna do.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on May 01, 2017, 02:30:34 PMAnswers:
#2 (3/8)
"Gloam Valley" - Super Paper Mario

Timestamp: 0:51

One of the catchiest tracks from Super Paper Mario (and I did happen to reference it earlier after THC posted the results of his quiz).
[close]
How did I not recognize this one? And I call myself a SPM fan...

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Yug_Guy on May 01, 2017, 02:54:51 PMHow did I not recognize this one? And I call myself a SPM fan...
That was the one I recognized. I am an SPM fan!
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

LeviR.star

I can't believe I missed Rainbow Road and Megaleg. Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite video game of all time.

EDIT: Bow down to your Kirby King.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Maelstrom

Right now, there is a 5 way tie for first with no 2 people choosing all the same songs.

this isn't how it was supposed to work.

2 songs remain unguessed.