News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

I have three, but I could maybe end up with four.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LuxraySpiral

Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
(Also, I might try to concrete my position as the parentheses guy)
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 20, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
(Sorry, (but (that (role (is (already (taken.)))))))

Maelstrom

Dudeman

Hey guys, I'm preparing my quiz and I've hit a bit of a snag with the MUS. I'm a MuseScore guy and I'm smart enough to manipulate the XML file to fix any formatting weirdness in Notepad, but [REDACTED NUMBER] of my melodies is/are in swing, and for the sake of the participants, I'd like the MUS file to have proper swing playback. Barring just notating the passage(s) in question in triplets (which I can do if necessary but would prefer not to), is there any way to get Notepad to include swing playback?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Dudeman on May 05, 2017, 10:44:19 AMHey guys, I'm preparing my quiz and I've hit a bit of a snag with the MUS. I'm a MuseScore guy and I'm smart enough to manipulate the XML file to fix any formatting weirdness in Notepad, but [REDACTED NUMBER] of my melodies is/are in swing, and for the sake of the participants, I'd like the MUS file to have proper swing playback. Barring just notating the passage(s) in question in triplets (which I can do if necessary but would prefer not to), is there any way to get Notepad to include swing playback?
Take a look at this. Hopefully, it should help you out.

Dudeman

Heeeyyyyyy, it works! Thanks a bundle, Yug.

EDIT: Here's a fun tidbit. I did some research, and apparently, you can't put metronome markings like that naturally in MuseScore anymore. I looked through all the menus and such and scoured several forum questions on the MuseScore site. All of the answers there were some variation of "stick this jpeg in the file." After figuring out how to incorporate the coding that Yug linked me to, I tried importing that XML back into MuseScore instead of Notepad, and it just pooped out when it hit the measure with that metronome marking.
For once, Notepad can do something that MuseScore can't. I'm not sure how to handle this.

E. Gadd Industries

Can I just say I'm impressed with how much this game has taken off? I may try to join in over the summer.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

InsigTurtle

The temptation to add 7 GRAND DAD to my quiz is becoming overwhelming. But doing so would be an unforgivable sin.

FLEEENTSTONES?

Static

Just a friendly reminder that I'll be posting the answers sometime around 3PM EST today, so get your answers in as soon as you can!

Currently, #8 and #9 remain unguessed...

LeviR.star

Hey, great job with your formatting, Static! I appreciate that!

I only remember #5. Hmmm...
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

Darn, 3, 5, and 9 are all familiar but I can't place any of them.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Dudeman

Quote from: InsigTurtle on May 06, 2017, 02:54:15 AMThe temptation to add 7 GRAND DAD to my quiz is becoming overwhelming. But doing so would be an unforgivable sin.

FLEEENTSTONES?
For the record, this was also me.

Static

As promised, here are the results of the melody quiz:

Melody I
[SNES] Fire Emblem: Geneology of the Holy War - "Disturbance in Agustria"
Timestamp: 0:01 - 0:16
# of Correct Guesses: 1 (Maelstrom)
[close]
Melody II
[DS] Pokémon Black Version 2 & Pokémon White Version 2 - "Pokémon World Championships Final"
Timestamp: 0:44 - 0:56
# of Correct Guesses: 1 (mastersuperfan)
[close]
Melody III
[Wii] Super Paper Mario - "Staff Credits"
Timestamp: 0:12 - 0:19
# of Correct Guesses: 1 (Yug_Guy)
[close]
Melody IV
[PC] Cave Story - "On to Grasstown"
Timestamp: 1:21 - 1:32
# of Correct Guesses: 2 (Maelstrom, Dudeman)
[close]
Melody V
[SNES] Kirby's Dream Land 3 - "Sand Canyon 1"
Timestamp: 0:12 - 0:24
# of Correct Guesses: 2 (Latios212, LeviR.star)
[close]
Melody VI
[SNES] Chrono Trigger - "Sealed Door"
Timestamp: 0:12 - 0:25
# of Correct Guesses: 2 (mastersuperfan, Maelstrom)
[close]
Melody VII
[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - "Mini Game"
Timestamp: 0:03 - 0:13
# of Correct Guesses: 4 (mastersuperfan, Maelstrom, Dudeman, Yug_Guy)
[close]
Melody VIII
[GCN] Animal Crossing - "1:00 P.M."
Timestamp: 0:06 - 0:24
# of Correct Guesses: 0
[close]
Melody IX
[SNES] Final Fantasy IV - "Theme of Love"
Timestamp: 0:00 - 0:27
# of Correct Guesses: 0
[close]
Melody X
[SNES] Secret of Mana - "Into the Thick of It"
Timestamp: 0:07 - 0:20
# of Correct Guesses: 2 (dudeman, Yug_Guy)
[close]

And now, the winner...
Spoiler
Congratulations to Maelstrom, with 4 correct guesses!
[close]

Other Notes
# of Participants: 6
# of Songs Correctly Guessed: 8/10
Most Commonly Guessed: #7
Average # of Correct Guesses: 2.5