NSM Winter Update Project Thread

Started by Libera, December 12, 2018, 03:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Libera on December 16, 2018, 09:20:23 AM-The fifth 'chord' of bar 3: the Bn should be a Bb.
-The last 'chord' of bar 3: the Cn should be a C#.
-The fifth 'chord' of bar 4: the Fn should be an F#.
Fixed

Quote from: Libera on December 16, 2018, 09:20:23 AM-There's a bit of an accel going in the pickup into bar 1 in the original.
Honestly? The accel is so negligible, that I think I'm just going to leave it as-is. I hope that's alright.

Quote from: Libera on December 16, 2018, 09:20:23 AMNever make me review something like that again.
how do you think I felt when making the arrangement?

Libera

Yug Guy

Game Start

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 16, 2018, 10:31:05 AMHonestly? The accel is so negligible, that I think I'm just going to leave it as-is. I hope that's alright.

Fair enough, I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 16, 2018, 10:31:05 AMhow do you think I felt when making the arrangement?

Hey at least you had a choice.

Approved!

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on December 16, 2018, 09:37:28 AMDone, done and done.  On the second point I've manually misaligned those quavers slightly to give it a little more space.
naisu
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on December 15, 2018, 02:45:28 PM[SNES] Super Mario Kart

Vanilla Lake

This is nice

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Quote from: D3ath3657 on December 16, 2018, 08:44:19 AMAnd third submission:

This is a replacement of one of my older submissions, which I'd like to include because a) it fits thematically, b) my formatting was garbage at the time and I'd like to eventually replace all of my first few submissions, c) it was accepted without a proper indication of character, which I really want to have for each of my arrangements.
Sure, no problem. Including.

Quote from: D3ath3657 on December 16, 2018, 08:44:19 AMAnyway, second submission:

(I linked this video because it wasn't a 30 min extended version, but the official English name is just "Esto Gaza". Also, I think Insig's going to like the harmonies in this one.)
This is really nice, everything looks on point here. Glad to see more Final Fantasy stuff being put up (the site could sure use it...) Approving!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

LeviR.star

Winterland (Stage 5)

This looks pretty good, just got two comments.
-In the version I found, there's an extra bar after 41 (2nd time) before it goes back to bar 1 that you've missed out here.
-The bass moves in bar 33 and maybe consider putting that in, either instead of the chords or in addition to (by cutting the right hand note early the right hand could play those chords).

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on December 12, 2018, 05:38:07 PMFourth Chapter - On the Ground: 
Quote from: Libera on December 16, 2018, 09:20:23 AMNever make me review something like that again.
- Fix the 8va/repeat brackets around m. 37.
- I'm having a hard time following past m. 38. The sheet looks completely innocuous past there and it doesn't seem to match the heaviness and dissonance of the original at all...

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on December 14, 2018, 05:32:42 PM
  • Watch the G/A collision in m. 12. I would strongly recommend using 3 measures per system when you have the continuous 16th notes, as the cross-staff beams are quite short since this section is quite cramped.
  • The middle layer in m. 13-14 doesn't match the original. Did you shift some notes around to fit with the melody?
Adjusted the measure spacing. And yeah, I moved the middle layer around a bit. It's not exactly what's in the original, but I think it works for the piece and keeps the same style and sound, while also making it more comfortable to play.

Quote from: Libera on December 15, 2018, 03:29:50 PMFreesia

-My main comment about this is what's going on with the left hand?  It's not so much of a problem later in the arrangement, but I feel like in the first two systems in particular I'm not sure what the sheet gains from the extra added in notes.  Especially the fact that adding in bass notes in bars 1-4 means that we lose the bass 'coming in' in bar 5 from the original.  You could have the first four bars with just chords, or try to incorporate some of the other weird stuff going on there instead.
-You could probably cut down on bars by using repeats, but I'm not sure it'd be enough to fit it on one sheet though so probably not worth it.
-Your staff size is a little too small.  I'd bring it up to 6mm.
-Everything else looks accurate.  Only accuracy thing I've got is in bar 35 I'm hearing the bass like in bar 33 (as in A E A rather than A E G).
For the LH: At the beginning, the only other prominent instrument is the drum set, so I put a simple rhythm there to emulate the feel there; otherwise, it sound kind of empty. I feel like the rhythm change in m5 is enough to highlight the new bassline.

Everything else has been fixed.

Quote from: Latios212 on December 14, 2018, 05:32:42 PMalso please include your octopath sheets
We agreed to add Flamesgrace, and I see you've already added it to the OP, there you go lol

Thanks for the feedback!

Latios212

Quote from: Static on December 16, 2018, 01:15:40 PMAdjusted the measure spacing. And yeah, I moved the middle layer around a bit. It's not exactly what's in the original, but I think it works for the piece and keeps the same style and sound, while also making it more comfortable to play.
Nice yay approve

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Static on December 16, 2018, 01:15:40 PMFor the LH: At the beginning, the only other prominent instrument is the drum set, so I put a simple rhythm there to emulate the feel there; otherwise, it sound kind of empty. I feel like the rhythm change in m5 is enough to highlight the new bassline.

Everything else has been fixed.

Hmm ok, it's a bit of a subjective thing anyway.  Changes look good.

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on December 16, 2018, 12:44:21 PM- I'm having a hard time following past m. 38. The sheet looks completely innocuous past there and it doesn't seem to match the heaviness and dissonance of the original at all...

Yeah I perhaps gave up too easily when making this arrangement and I could do a better job.  I've updated the files.

Quote from: Latios212 on December 16, 2018, 12:44:21 PM- Fix the 8va/repeat brackets around m. 37.

It looks completely fine to me so it's something wrong with one of our finales.  I can't really edit it to fix it when it looks fine to me.  Maybe someone else could see what it looks like for them?

Latios212

went through a bunch

Accepted:
- Ice Climber: Game Start by Yug_Guy Checked by Libera Accepted by Latios212
- Ice Climber: Stage Theme by Yug_Guy Checked by Libera Accepted by Latios212 (This was missing the backslash in the URL)
- Ice Climber: Title Screen / Bonus Stage by Yug_Guy Checked by Libera Accepted by Latios212
- Mario & Wario: Level 4 Ice Cave by LeviR.star Checked by Libera Accepted by Latios212 (The second page header info was misaligned, also fixed the abovementioned LH note in m. 12)
- Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis: Battle BGM 5 (Replacement) by Renaud Bergeron (just formatting fixes to the one already on site)
- Vs. Ice Climber: Bonus Stage by LeviR.star Checked by Libera Accepted by Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on December 16, 2018, 08:50:12 AMLevi - Secret Mine
- m. 2 beat 3 RH should be A-C (different from m. 10!)
- In m. 6 and 14 you put a courtesy Dn in the RH but not the LH. Just wanted to point that out, up to you what you want to do with it, if anything.
- m. 26 LH beat 2.5 sounds like an Eb instead of C. Makes sense too because parallel sixths.
- You could consider changing from 15ma to 8va at m. 19 instead of 23 to avoid ledger lines below the RH staff. But if you want to keep it at the section change, that's fine too.

Looks good otherwise!

- never caught that... sounds so strange now...
- ooh, thank you (courtesy accidentals strike again!)
- sounds right
- looking at it, while I see no ledger line problems if they were to go up an octave, I sorta like the idea of the 8va indicating the next section, so if it's alright I'm going to keep it where it is

Thank you much, Latios!

Quote from: Libera on December 16, 2018, 12:42:29 PMLeviR.star

Winterland (Stage 5)

This looks pretty good, just got two comments.
-In the version I found, there's an extra bar after 41 (2nd time) before it goes back to bar 1 that you've missed out here.
-The bass moves in bar 33 and maybe consider putting that in, either instead of the chords or in addition to (by cutting the right hand note early the right hand could play those chords).

- how did I never add that in?... fixed
- I never caught that, either (go figure... it was one of my "12 Days" sheets). How does that look?

Thanks, Libera! I also updated the LH articulations a little, if you would like to give your input on my new changes.

Folder files changed again.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

LeviR.star

Winterland (Stage 5)

Looks great!  And no worries about missing those things out, strange things just sometimes happen.

Winter

:'( I'm so happy you guys are doing this for me!