News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Yug Guy's Replacements

Started by Yug_Guy, May 30, 2020, 07:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

Buttville
  • This piece is in D minor, not A minor.
  • I hear the LH 8th notes on beat 1 and 3 of every measure (starting at m5) as staccato as well.
  • Watch your staccato placement for RH Layer 1. Since most of the time you have 2 separate layers going on, I would suggest moving all staccatos above the notes instead of below.
  • Some of your 8vas/vbs don't line up quite right on page 3.
  • You could easily fit this on 3 pages with some spacing adjustments:
    Spoiler
    [close]

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 19, 2020, 10:07:14 AMEndless Mines
RH:
-m5/9 b1.5 - lowest note here is a G, not an A
-I think there's a restrike on b1 of m11/15
-m21 - b3.5 chord - top note should be an F#, not a C.
-m23 b4.5 - I hear a 8th note on C here, no 16th on D on b4.75
-m24 b1 - I recommend a staccato here
-m33 I think there should be some rests here after the 16th notes ....
LH:
m27:

-Maybe lower 1st layer rests to a normal height in m33?
All done.

Quote from: Static on December 19, 2020, 11:37:21 AMButtville
  • Watch your staccato placement for RH Layer 1. Since most of the time you have 2 separate layers going on, I would suggest moving all staccatos above the notes instead of below.
I think it's pretty clear which notes the staccatos belong to, so there shouldn't be any confusion on the performer's part. All your other stuff has been fixed.

Static

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 20, 2020, 10:17:52 AMI think it's pretty clear which notes the staccatos belong to, so there shouldn't be any confusion on the performer's part. All your other stuff has been fixed.
I agree with that, but some of the staccato placements are still inconsistent. Why are they below the notes in m13 but above in m14, when both layers are in the same ranges? Other than that, looks good

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

Watch (Pause Menu) is accepted

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Static on December 20, 2020, 10:35:13 AMI agree with that, but some of the staccato placements are still inconsistent. Why are they below the notes in m13 but above in m14, when both layers are in the same ranges? Other than that, looks good
I suppose that makes sense. Fixed.

Static

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 20, 2020, 03:00:21 PMI suppose that makes sense. Fixed.
Looks great, I shall accept now

Edit: Looks like that was your last one too, so I'll be archiving this thread also