NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Code_Name_Geek's Replacements  (Read 3287 times)

Code_Name_Geek

• Fuzzy Fugue
  • Virtual Farmer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Code_Name_Geek's Replacements
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2020, 05:36:55 PM »

Maybe bass movement wasn't the phrase I should have used.  I just meant that in 12 and 14 you wrote in the guitar going C-G semiquavers at the end in the left hand but missed it out in bar 16.  Although you're right that there should also be an E there (like in 14) but once again I hear it on beat 3.5.
Ohhh I see what you mean. Fixed!

Beat 3.5.
Ok I do hear the E now, but I'm hearing it on beat 3.75 instead of 3.5. I wrote out the bassline separately for bar 16 as an example of the notes/rhythm I'm hearing (ignore the articulations). I hear that E in bars 12 and 14 as well, with the same rhythm.

Libera

• The Fastest
  • Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Triangles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2020, 02:49:55 PM »

Yes sorry I got confused.  Beat 3.75 is correct.  Are you sure about it in bar 12 though?  I just hear the bass going to a C rather than an E like it does in bars 14 and 16.

Also, the third system on page 2 was weirdly spaced when I opened it up, but that's easy enough for me to fix if it's just a finale import problem.  I can just fix it when I fix the articulations.

Code_Name_Geek

• Fuzzy Fugue
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2020, 08:13:41 PM »

Are you sure about it in bar 12 though?  I just hear the bass going to a C rather than an E like it does in bars 14 and 16.
Yeah I think you're right.

Also, the third system on page 2 was weirdly spaced when I opened it up, but that's easy enough for me to fix if it's just a finale import problem.  I can just fix it when I fix the articulations.
Oops that was on my end too, fixed.

Thanks for the patience with this, hopefully all the kinks have been ironed out now!

Libera

• The Fastest
  • Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Triangles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2020, 08:27:07 PM »

Thanks for the patience with this, hopefully all the kinks have been ironed out now!

No worries, accepted!

Maelstrom

• Ghost Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Currently screaming at chemicals
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2020, 10:03:57 PM »

Gustafa's Yurt
-Why not include the steel string guitar (F#) on m2 b3.5 LH? It shows up other places throughout the piece (A on b3 of m4) and I think it'd be a welcome addition.
-m17-end - not sure why the steel string guitar is always staccato? Almost all the notes are played to ring out and connect, not to be disconnected from each other.
-m20 - Again, the staccato. Not sure what the RH is doing on b2. Why not have a 2nd layer chord here hit on beat 1 instead? Or combine the chorus and the guitar to have a chord in a single layer?
-1st layer in m21 RH would be better suited as a D below the G to highlight the guitar here, imo.
-m22 RH - Chord here is a Em. I'd recommend raising the C# to a D here for the 4th.
-This is what I'd recommend for m24-26:

- I'd recommend seperating the steel string guitar from the plucked strings more in the last 6 measures. They're really hard to differentiate right now, especially with the staccatos for the guitar

Code_Name_Geek

• Fuzzy Fugue
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2020, 10:08:24 PM »

-Why not include the steel string guitar (F#) on m2 b3.5 LH? It shows up other places throughout the piece (A on b3 of m4) and I think it'd be a welcome addition.
Went through again and added it where I thought it fit, let me know if I missed anything.

-m17-end - not sure why the steel string guitar is always staccato? Almost all the notes are played to ring out and connect, not to be disconnected from each other.
Hm I think my intention with the staccatos was to emulate the sharp attack of the guitar, but sustained makes more sense. I redid the articulations for this section accordingly.

-m20 - Again, the staccato. Not sure what the RH is doing on b2. Why not have a 2nd layer chord here hit on beat 1 instead? Or combine the chorus and the guitar to have a chord in a single layer?
I'm hearing the soprano voice coming in on beat 2 here while the bass in on beat 1, but maybe I'm hearing that wrong? I'll change it if so.

-1st layer in m21 RH would be better suited as a D below the G to highlight the guitar here, imo.
-m22 RH - Chord here is a Em. I'd recommend raising the C# to a D here for the 4th.
-This is what I'd recommend for m24-26:

- I'd recommend seperating the steel string guitar from the plucked strings more in the last 6 measures. They're really hard to differentiate right now, especially with the staccatos for the guitar
Fixed all this as well, and ended up putting the plucked strings in a different octave in those last few bars to separate the parts better.

Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to mention that I wasn't happy with the dynamics I had earlier so I changed those as well.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 12:18:22 AM by Code_Name_Geek »

Maelstrom

• Ghost Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2020, 12:18:03 AM »

Summer
All LH As in the baseline that look like m1 are actually Gs
Likewise, Bns in m21-end are Ds.
m23 and likewise look like:

A 8vb marking wouldn't be out of place for m21-end
Move the systems closer together and down on page 2 so they're not colliding with the measure number.
RH:
m1-2/19-20 - b2.75-b3 G should be an F
m10:

m14/18 - b2.25 - G should be an F
m24/28/32/36 would sound better an octave higher
m36 b4.5 - C, not a G.

That should be it

Maelstrom

• Ghost Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2020, 09:20:18 PM »

Gustafa's Yurt
RH:
-m7 - There's a 5th harmony (B) below the F. Also in m13
-m18 - why isn't this chord the same structure as m17? It sounds like it's exactly the same voices playing in the same harmonies, just slightly higher
-m20 - I think the G comes in on b1, it just seems like it gets slightly louder on b2, which I don't think is important to notate. The chord also sounds really empty without the G there at the beginning.
LH:
-m12 - I'd recommend adding in the guitar's E on b2.5.
-m14 - The guitar's F#-A progression on b2-3 doesn't make sense when the F# isn't present, so I'd recommend adding it in some way.
-m15-16 - The b3.5-b1 progression of F#-G would be even better if you included an octave harmony to include the guitar's part here too. It also plays a G-A on b2-3 in m16 (an octave lower than the notes you have) but the playability might be changing so feel free to leave them out if you want.
-m22b1 is identical to m21b1
-m23 - I'd suggest adding an A harmony to b1 here.
-m27 looks like this:

I'd recommend making b2 a rest or something and leaving the rest as I just wrote it.
-m32 - add an F# on the top of the final chord?

That looks like it's about it.

Code_Name_Geek

• Fuzzy Fugue
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2020, 01:07:55 AM »

Whew, made all the suggested edits on both of those. The ones I was unsure about are below:

Summer
m1-2/19-20 - b2.75-b3 G should be an F
Did you mean b3.75-b4 here? If so, that's been fixed as well.

Gustafa's Yurt
-m18 - why isn't this chord the same structure as m17? It sounds like it's exactly the same voices playing in the same harmonies, just slightly higher
I wasn't exactly sure what you meant here, but I added an A in the upper octave. If anything else should be changed just let me know.

Thanks for all the help, I'm not the best at picking out exact harmonies.

Maelstrom

• Ghost Updater
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2020, 01:19:30 AM »

Yep, they both look great now!

Both are approved

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeeeâ„¢
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2020, 08:00:15 PM »

Both look good, so accepted as well! That's a wrap on the Harvest Moon section ;D
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 24 queries.