News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Nine Lives' Halloween Sheet | "Fear the Forest" from Earthworm Jim 3D

Started by NineLives, September 29, 2020, 04:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Actually, libera misspoke. We both talked and I now hear the chord on m34. I initially didn't because it's much quieter than the chords on the surrounding beats, but it's there now and fine to include.

Libera

Quote from: NineLives on October 24, 2020, 11:16:25 AMWhat we were discussing was whether measure 34 had a chord on beat 3. I hear the chord, but Maelstrom does not. That's what the double check was for. We agree on 36.

Yes sorry I said the wrong thing.  I agreed with you about the chord in bar 34.

Quote from: NineLives on October 24, 2020, 11:16:25 AMI took this into account, and I've switched up the chords a bit. Tell me what you think.

Since Maelstrom was the one who has actually checked this (I only looked at those two particular thing), I'll leave the approving/checking that section to them, but it certainly looks more like I was imagining now and you've addressed my issues.

Maelstrom

One last thing: the F on b4 of m30 is an octave lower than it should be, and I don't think it's staccato, since it's b1-2, but the 2nd 2 notes are reversed.
 Also, I think the beaming there is a bit off, might want to fix that

NineLives

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 27, 2020, 11:23:54 AMOne last thing: the F on b4 of m30 is an octave lower than it should be, and I don't think it's staccato, since it's b1-2, but the 2nd 2 notes are reversed.
I believe you meant measure 40, so I applied the changes there, beaming and all above. Got it updated!

Maelstrom

I strongly believe that 8ths shouldn't be beamed in groups of 3s because they can be easily mistaken for triplets at a glance. The first half of the measure was fine, but the 2nd half had beats 3.5 and 4 beamed together and 4.5 by itself, which was the real problem I was talking about.

edit: and yes that was m40 my bad

NineLives

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 27, 2020, 12:39:40 PMI strongly believe that 8ths shouldn't be beamed in groups of 3s because they can be easily mistaken for triplets at a glance. The first half of the measure was fine, but the 2nd half had beats 3.5 and 4 beamed together and 4.5 by itself, which was the real problem I was talking about.
Gotcha. Should be good now.

Maelstrom