News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Pep band

Started by Gooch, March 09, 2009, 07:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooch

So, since our basketball season wears thin (with only the championships and State left), my band director is wondering about how much we enjoy our Pep Band music. Freeze Frame, Get Ready, and Smoke on the Water gets old after awhile, so, he's asking for a few new ideas for music. So, here comes my request. I decided that the "Fever" theme from Dr. Mario and a shortened form of the "Halo" theme would be wonderful (and catch on quickly). Im wondering if anyone, should they have the time, to write up a score for these songs that will be well suited for a Pep Band environment. I'll take care of writing the individual parts to sheets, so, only a director's score will be needed. I'll list the typical instrumentation. Thank you, if you can do this for me. Like you may have guessed, there is no real rush on this.

Instrumentation:
French Horn/Mellophone (split parts, if you can)
Alto Sax (split parts)
Tenor Sax
Bari Sax
Tuba/Suzaphone
Flute (split parts)
Trumpet (Split parts)
Drum Set (only on Halo)
Clarinet (split parts)
Electric Bass Guitar
Electric Guitar

Like I said, if anyone could, i would be overjoyed, but, there is no rush and no real insistance. Im only looking for a little variety in our Pep Band.

Brassman388

Get me mp3's of all the music you want, I can get on it a soon as possible. How long do they need to be?

Gooch

I would like the whole kit-and-kiboodle on "Fever". I've also decided that the Halo theme is shorter than i thought, so, i need the whole song on that. All our music is so short, and all the other bands have long music, so, i figure we need some longer pieces. I'll see what i can do about the MP3's.

Gooch

Okay, i figure YouTube links will be easier than looking for MP3's. Here ya go, sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_CIusQjjb0&feature=related   ("Fever")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaE0HHN4c30  (Halo)

Thank you, sir.

Brassman388

Alrighty, I'll see what i can do. ;)

Gooch

Thank you, sir! Like i said, no real rush :) I'll post actual MIDIs or MP3s if i happen across them. :)

Brassman388

2) do the guitar parts need to be in TAB?
3) where is the beritones?
4) do you want basic percussion for "fever"?

Gooch

Naw, no TABs on the guitar. What do you mean by baritones? No percussion on Fever. If we feel we need percussion, our drummer does some great improv. :)

Brassman388

alright. awesome. I just thought that you forgot something. thats all, just making sure.  ;D

Gooch

Great! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! Like i said, no rush! There is plenty of time, which also, in turn, should make the quality rise without the stress of a time constraint! :) Thank you again, sir. :)

Gooch

Hey, just wonderin how the music is coming along. No rush still, but, it would be nice to get the music in with the very latest being June 8th. Thanks :)

Brassman388

Half way with the halo arrangement. Almost done with Fever. Did you get Finale 2009 Yet? Just wondering.

Gooch

I got Finale Reader, which will let me read Finale 2009 stuff (yeah, im pretty cheap), so, you can just send those over. Cool! Im glad there's been a lot of progress! Im really excited to here them! :)

Brassman388

Gooch

I suppose you could consider this the 3rd of 4 monthly checkups. Im just checking in to see how things are going and progressing. Thanks for the help, by the way. :)