News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Started by SirIngusBingus, April 22, 2009, 04:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the 'train' idea?

Awesome!
4 (19%)
Meh.
9 (42.9%)
WHY?!?
8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Tranzlater

I was going to get it, I think. But I didn't.
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 26, 2009, 02:25:41 AM
Quote from: Tranzlater on May 26, 2009, 02:02:02 AMHowever I never played LoZ wind waker, (...)
You, my friend, have, without knowing it, had a very sad childhood.
I agree.

Anyway, read this article. I know it's mostly speculation, but I'd be willing to bet quite a bit of it is true, and the timeline explaination actually seems feasable.
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda_(upcoming_Wii_game)

SuperFireKirby

Wind Waker was probably my favorite of a LoZ games. OoT is second and TP is third. Fourth favorite is the original LoZ.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

MM should definitely be higher on that list than TP.

mantis985

I dont like the train ida.  I'll probably try it, but it wil probably be disappointing...

Tranzlater

Well, my friend was offering to lend me his TP...
But I played Ocarina of Time, and I wasn't all that interested. I dunno why, I can't remember. I just though, ooh, I'll but that people say it's good. I never really got very far and I just got kinda bored.
Probably not for long.

SuperFireKirby

I love how open OoT feels compared to most of the LoZ games. That's also the same reason Wind Waker is my favorite of them all. Its so open that you can just spend hours doing the tons of side quests it has to offer and exploring each of it's fourty or so islands.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SirIngusBingus

I bought MM on the virtual console, and I realized I had forgotten the depth of that game for its time period. The Bomber's notebook, and the 20 sidequests, plus the individual schedules of every character, make you feel very much in control of the game world when you travel through time. Also, the way tension builds as the days go by (even though you can set time back) is very surprising.

I changed the topic name to the Zelda Topic, as that's what this thread had become anyway.

blah54

Quote from: Tranzlater on May 27, 2009, 03:11:31 AMBut I played Ocarina of Time, and I wasn't all that interested. I dunno why, I can't remember. I just though, ooh, I'll but that people say it's good. I never really got very far and I just got kinda bored.

i agree... OoT wasn't THAT great overall, at the time it probably was incredible but playing it later it doesn't seem to hold up to me (at least)...

the dungeons for the most part are really good and well-designed, but aside from them, the rest of the game (travelling, overworlds etc.) is pretty mundane and uninteresting, even the music seemed kind of lacklustre too for me...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

SirIngusBingus

Are we playing the same Ocarina of Time? Or is yours some kind of parallel-universe game where everything is the opposite of reality? 'Cause I always thought that traveling in OoT, the overworlds, and especially the music were defining for the series.

Tranzlater

I might go back and play it again, but I suppose I had other games to play at the time- it was only a VC game, so it cost... what is it... $10?
Probably not for long.

SuperFireKirby

OoT is some what over-rated in my opinion but it is still an amazing game.

KefkaticFanatic

Majora's Mask is much better.  OoT is like FFVII, it's a decent game, but ridiculously overrated.

me irl
[close]

SirIngusBingus

For once, I agree with every word Gamer said.

Tranzlater

I'm putting every penny I have towards a PS3/DSi. I'm probably gonna get a PS3 but I dunno...

I suppose the PS3 would be more worthwhile in the long run. We've all seen what happens to DS'...
Probably not for long.