News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

But I don't care about what other people care about caring for carefully. I was asking is that a good way to live life?

braix

All of the above.

I don't get it what are we talking about again?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dudeman

Quote from: Dude on November 13, 2016, 03:58:52 AMBut I don't care about what other people care about caring for carefully. I was asking is that a good way to live life?
I think it's important to have beliefs and defend them. If you make it your life's mission to tear down everyone who doesn't share your beliefs, though, you've gone too far.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Zunawe

In general, I look at disagreement as a way to see both sides of an argument. I'm not a huge fan of strategy games, but I think action RPGs are great. My friend has almost the opposite opinion. We often voice our preferences, and when we do, I hear him give reasons to enjoy strategy games. It hasn't really changed my opinion or preference, and that's fine. Maybe one day he'll convince me that strategy games truly are the most enlightened form of interactive entertainment. But that doesn't happen if he never tells me why he likes them.

There's a purpose to "playing devil's advocate." It's not just to incite arguments and start a flame war. If I see something that I haven't formed much of an opinion on, and it sounds very one-sided, I'll play the other side and debate points. After a while, because I chose to "hold an opinion" on the matter, I've actually developed one based on both arguments.

So have an opinion and let it be heard, because people need to hear it and you need to tell them. That doesn't mean you're right.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Maelstrom

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

Yeahhhhhhhh I doubt that's ever happening again.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sebastian

Maelstrom

Dudeman

Not saying I wouldn't want to do it again, mind you. It's just that people got extremely salty last year and I'd rather not repeat that from a moderation standpoint.

Maelstrom

Hmm, I totally get what you're saying.
I think we may have improved quite a bit since then, but, hey, I guess it's up to you?

E. Gadd Industries

Ehhhhh I was completely oblivious to the conflict when I participated in it for the first time
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

MaestroUGC

For the record I'm all for the Superlatives.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.