News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Quote from: triforced1 on September 08, 2011, 06:41:37 PMHave you heard of the Texas wildfires? Yeah, those are about 25-30 miles north of where I live. You can't see the sky because of smoke, and smoke is all you smell too.
When I was a Sophomore in High School, we had fires in Yorba Linda and parts of northern Camp Pendelton that made us close our school for a full week.

It was pretty nasty because we didn't see sun for 2 weeks from all the ash in the air and it looked like a dust storm. Here's a photo of the fires and then a photo I took jogging one last december. Those fires were about 7 miles away, so I TOTALLY know how you feel.

But the lower half of my city is on the SDG&E grid and we're on the LBG&E grid in the north half. However all the important stuff (hospital, community college, government buildings) is in the south city... so they are having problems, plus gas stations between here and San Diego (that's about 75 miles) have no power.

Dudeman

Does anyone else think that letting Kefka be a mod was a bad idea?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

DrP

Only one person thought: JaMaHa.

AND

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK. Now I'm going to have to pay Sales Tax on Amazon. I saved over 1000 dollars not paying sales tax last year.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-amazon-tax-20110908,0,5065691.story

Dude

Quote from: Dudeman on September 08, 2011, 06:59:18 PMDoes anyone else think that letting Kefka be a mod was a bad idea?
Have fun being warned.

fingerz

Ah, be careful Dudeman. You're not supposed to talk about mods/admins in any negative way in the forums. Plus, this is Kefka. I wouldn't mess with him.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Shadoninja

Quote from: Dudeman on September 08, 2011, 06:59:18 PMDoes anyone else think that letting Kefka be a mod was a bad idea?
I don't. care to explain why you do?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

KefkaticFanatic

He's butthurt because I'm telling him to fix minor details in his arrangements.

I'll make the warning public too.
Such discussion violates the rule:
QuoteDo not publicly complain about other members, admins, etc.  That should be done through private messages.

If you want to bitch about me or other mods, then send a PM to JaMaHa or Concerto or even me explaining your concerns.  Or even go and talk to other people about it.  Just don't post on the forums, that puts a bad image on the entire site.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Yah I have a feeling now that a mod finally takes sheet quality seriously (not counting deku since he doesn't seem to have much time to update), we're going to get a lot of people angry that their arrangements aren't perfect.

Also Kefka's a very adequate moderator, Dudeman. That's my opinion.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

triforced1

Quote from: DrP on September 08, 2011, 06:51:13 PMIt was pretty nasty because we didn't see sun for 2 weeks from all the ash in the air and it looked like a dust storm. Here's a photo of the fires and then a photo I took jogging one last december. Those fires were about 7 miles away, so I TOTALLY know how you feel.

Jeez that looks awful.
And you live in a pretty part of the country. All we have here is dust and dead grass.

Ruto

Quote from: DrP on September 08, 2011, 07:02:27 PMFUUUUUUUUUUUCK. Now I'm going to have to pay Sales Tax on Amazon. I saved over 1000 dollars not paying sales tax last year.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-amazon-tax-20110908,0,5065691.story

I've had to shop with sales tax since '08 or '09 I think. Right after I got a card too...oh well, I guess I'll just buy from Newegg and stuff.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

Well... there's also another problem. The bill will tax ALL online purchases. Thank God they lowered the tax

(and Newegg has a physical presence in California, so we pay sales tax anyways).

Quote from: triforced1 on September 08, 2011, 07:37:26 PMChrist, that looks awful.
And you live in a pretty part of the country. All we have here is dust and dead grass.
Well, it's just manicured. We live in a desert and without lots of water and rich people who demand nice cities, it will just be brush and dirt and other stuff (with lots of hills and mountains) -- it is REALLY dry out here, so fires are always happening between May-November.

Oh, and CNN has a picture of my city on it!!!! It's the south side where the outage reaches the end where power is once again (and right by Mission Hospital) -- WOOT! (Oh and that's Crown Valley Parkway and I-5 if you wanna google map it)

triforced1

What town is that? I remember you saying you still lived in Mission Viejo....

DrP

You're right. That's true until about 10am tomorrow (then I move to school!)

CVP is at the south end of Mission Viejo and I live towards the north end.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: fingerz on September 08, 2011, 07:05:49 PMPlus, this is Kefka. I wouldn't mess with him.
No, no you do not.

Because this man is fucking crazy.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

spitllama

Hahahahaha DrP did you know it was only one guy that did it? :D Somebody's fired.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012