News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 09, 2011, 02:29:48 PMI'm probably gonna go to a local college(which somehow isn't technically a community college) because it's cheap and I can get all my core classes knocked out there for a huge fraction of the cost and then transfer to an actual college like UCF.
You know how much I paid last fall quarter before the tuition increases?? $2160, now its about $2520) -- Community colleges are still cheaper

ETFROXX

DrP

Quote from: ETFROXX on November 10, 2011, 09:14:07 PMMy life.

It sucks.

Ass.
This.

Pulling late nights, reading dull materials, worrying about money, and all the other things I won't share with others at this time really stress me out...

ETF, go to Trader Joes  and get some Yerba Mate. It really calms the nerves and makes you feel good.

Also, I burnt my fingers taking a compression mold out of the molder (were it was put under 50 tons of force and heated to 350 degrees)... and I was wearing welding gloves

Roz~

We have to pick our classes for next semester today, so I decided to that. I need a class that is called "Advanced Terminology". We could only pick our classes today at 6 am, some of my friends got up early to do it. Well, the 3 classes for Advanced Terminology were already full. WTF. 3 classes, and they were full this morning. People in Translation need that class. We don't know what we're going to do. I guess I'll just take Japanese I instead.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Ruto

Can you ask the professor about letting you in the class anyway? :/ Or wait until someone changes their mind about taking the course.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

Go sit in the lecture and ask to be added anyway.  You're just another student ID, a professor won't care if you're just another one of the mass.

Plus people drop classes, so just stalk the registration forms.

me irl
[close]

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on November 11, 2011, 06:49:44 AMWe have to pick our classes for next semester today, so I decided to that. I need a class that is called "Advanced Terminology". We could only pick our classes today at 6 am, some of my friends got up early to do it. Well, the 3 classes for Advanced Terminology were already full. WTF. 3 classes, and they were full this morning. People in Translation need that class. We don't know what we're going to do. I guess I'll just take Japanese I instead.
Here we are assigned a registration number 1-12 and every other quarter we are below 6, so sometimes we dont get the classes we need. I have 1 this quarter so I will get all my classes!!!

Also if the class is full, you can ask to "audit" the course (you're not enrolled, but you can come in and learn)

Roz~

Yeah, but it's pointless for me to go there and learn, I'd have to redo that class again. Anyways apparently there's going to be another class added this Monday, so I guess I'll have to take that one.

DrP

I'm going to try and audit Chinese next year so I can learn and not worry about grades and stuff... that I am actually learning the language!

triforced1

Quote from: Roz~ on November 11, 2011, 06:49:44 AMWe have to pick our classes for next semester today, so I decided to that. I need a class that is called "Advanced Terminology". We could only pick our classes today at 6 am, some of my friends got up early to do it. Well, the 3 classes for Advanced Terminology were already full. WTF. 3 classes, and they were full this morning. People in Translation need that class. We don't know what we're going to do. I guess I'll just take Japanese I instead.
Japanese is fun. You get to read all of the video games in Japanese.

Roz~

I'd take Japanese because the language looks interesting, seeing as it's different from French and English. I could still take it, but the beginner's course is from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm on Tuesday, and I already have 2 big classes on that day... hmm.

Mashi

Roz~

I'd like to take Mandarin too. I just don't know which one I should take. D:

DrP

Though Japanese is totally epic cause it's Japanese, I feel that Chinese will be better...

Well, better for us.

I kinda want to learn the language of our future overlords/understand how to deal with Chinese businessmen

KefkaticFanatic

You should take Mandarin.  It's much more useful for general business.

me irl
[close]