The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymondbl

I used to think that... but now I have a goal in life.  It's what keeps me alive.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

spitllama

I think the most important part is to compare yourself to you. I'm not saying live in ignorance and expect the world to pave a path, but simply comparing yourself to what others have creates a feeling that you're not as good. Do what Raymondbl said- have a goal, watch yourself progress and see what you can do with who you are. It's much better than seeing the smart kid over their and the artistic kid over there and just thinking life sucks.

Hope you feel better SFK
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Mashi

Wrydryn

Thus the "P" in PSAT.
You'll do better next time for sure!

Also report cards on Monday...

Mashi

I wanted the NMSQT scholarship though. :(
I can still get Commended Student and a few other Scholarships , but waaaaaaaaah.

Ruto

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Mashi

I did take it twice, once in 10th Grade and another in 11th grade (The score I just recently received).

And yes, the PSAT is a horrid way to test student's knowledge in various topics.  If anything, it only tests a student on how hard he/she studied for it.

But I studied and I performed poorly, so I'm sad.

EDIT:
After some speculation, the standardised test that this person took wasn't ever specified.  So I can't necessarily compare it with the PSAT.

SlowPokemon

How come nobody told me I've been ridiculously stupid to fear parties? :(

It was a...good experience
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Quote from: Mashi on December 11, 2011, 08:18:49 AMBut I studied and I performed poorly, so I'm sad.

EDIT:
After some speculation, the standardised test that this person took wasn't ever specified.  So I can't necessarily compare it with the PSAT.

Don't study for the tests, you should already know all the material for it...resting before it is a better idea xD There was a follow up article, the test was some kind of standardized exam in Florida (FCAT), and it's 10th grade math and reading, which should be similar to what's in the PSAT.

@Slow
We all told you XDD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Oh well~

I had fun... whether or not that was an okay thing
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

universe-X

Have to do really well on my English final this time and have to do better overall next semester to bring my grade up.
And got my phone taken up on friday cuz I dropped it ._.
not to mention, my friend has cancer.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Mashi on December 11, 2011, 07:19:31 AMI wanted the NMSQT scholarship though. :(
I can still get Commended Student and a few other Scholarships , but waaaaaaaaah.

I was only 2 points away from the scholarship level so I was all "D:", but all my friends that got it weren't even able to use it cause it's absurdly limited and their colleges were like "lol we no take" so meh :P

@slow
It all depends on the kind of people that are there.  If it's one of those sketch parties with all the bad music and people rubbing up against each other and alcohol everywhere that's one thing, but if it's a cool one with people you know and there are things going on that you would find enjoyable then yea, it would be fine.

Though, most of the "parties" I had last year were IB study parties ::)

me irl
[close]

Wrydryn

Quote from: Ruto on December 11, 2011, 08:51:07 AMDon't study for the tests, you should already know all the material for it...resting before it is a better idea xD There was a follow up article, the test was some kind of standardized exam in Florida (FCAT), and it's 10th grade math and reading, which should be similar to what's in the PSAT.

Sounds kinda like what I have in my state for standardized tests, MCAS ( Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System )
Those are really a joke and are incredibly easy for the most part. I scored two advanceds and one proficient.

I wonder when my PSAT scores will come in D:
I don't think I fully finished mine for one section too. :(

KefkaticFanatic

You should still study for the SAT though.  Do practice questions, learn what kind of questions trip you up and strategies to get them.  My friend was pretty intense in her studying and got 2380 xDD

But really, around 2200-2400 SAT and 34-36 ACT scores are all the same.  Once you get in that area it's just dependent on whether or not it is a good day for you or you make dumb mistakes or there are more tricky questions than usual.

me irl
[close]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!