News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Gosh dangit Steven Spielberg... y u make movies like War Horse....

You made a Vietnam war vet walk out crying.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SuperFireKirby

GAH, SCHOOL IN 6 HOURS.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

So, last night I went to bed at 11 pm cause school.

Six hours later it was only 2:30 am.

Three hours after 2:30 it was only 3:30 pm.

An hour later, it was 3:40 pm.

And then 3:47 and 4:00 and 4:07 and etc. and after another 10 hours, an alarm I didn't even know I had went off at 5:30!

Insomnia's a bitch. T_T
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

MasterProX

Here's a summary of what's happened lately to my computer...

• Computer got a virus.  Got rid of it.
  • Virus regenerated itself, got rid of it again.
  • Firewall wasn't working and wouldn't start up again, downloaded something to fix it.
  • Caused computer to crash upon normal startup, tried booting it up using Last Known Good Configuration.
  • Worked, but I had no Internet (drivers were corrupt, or something).
  • Reverted to an old copy of my hard drive from October, so a bunch of my stuff is missing. (I also can't use Finale 2011 now because I need my authorization key again, which I can't find...)
  • Virus was still there, got rid of it for good this time (I hope).
  • Firewall doesn't work again (sounds familiar).
  • Downloaded the RIGHT files this time, firewall works like a charm now.
  • Internet is slower than usual now, it takes several minutes to load more than one tab at a time.

It's because I use Windows 7 instead of Mac, isn't it...

Still attempting to figure out how to get my computer up to speed again, but I haven't found any answers yet.  >:(

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 03, 2012, 12:29:01 PMSo, last night I went to bed at 11 pm cause school.

Six hours later it was only 2:30 am.

Three hours after 2:30 it was only 3:30 pm.

An hour later, it was 3:40 pm.

And then 3:47 and 4:00 and 4:07 and etc. and after another 10 hours, an alarm I didn't even know I had went off at 5:30!

Insomnia's a bitch. T_T

Dude...I feel you. :P (NO DIRTY JOKES GUYS)

Hate insomnia. That is, assuming you meant "am" instead of "pm" in which case time really flew by.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MasterProX

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 03, 2012, 01:48:36 PMhttp://forums.techguy.org/54-virus-other-malware-removal/

They do a good job.

I tried looking around in some of the existing topics there, but I didn't find any help.  I'm sure a solution for me will come up eventually, though...

EDIT:  Well, a couple seconds after making this post, it seems that my Internet has significantly sped up, almost to the point it was before I was having these problems, lol.  Unfortunately I can't have as many tabs open as I used to now since it still slows down... TL;DR, my comp has gotten slightly better.

KefkaticFanatic

As in, you're supposed to make a post there with a scan from one of the programs they provide as indicated on sticky posts on that forum.  They help you ensure you are definitely clear of any viruses or worms.

me irl
[close]

MasterProX

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 03, 2012, 02:54:15 PMAs in, you're supposed to make a post there with a scan from one of the programs they provide as indicated on sticky posts on that forum.  They help you ensure you are definitely clear of any viruses or worms.

Well, I didn't feel like downloading all those programs and copying all those logs, so I decided to instead look around at the existing topics.

...I'm lazy.

Clanker37

Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 03, 2012, 12:29:01 PMInsomnia's a bitch. T_T
Agreed.

I can read for what I think is twenty minutes, but it's really an hour. Then I lay awake trying to get to sleep and for what I think is an hour is only twenty minutes. Time is fucked up.

Wrydryn

Quote from: MasterProX on January 03, 2012, 01:40:11 PMHere's a summary of what's happened lately to my computer...

• Computer got a virus.  Got rid of it.
  • Virus regenerated itself, got rid of it again.
  • Firewall wasn't working and wouldn't start up again, downloaded something to fix it.
  • Caused computer to crash upon normal startup, tried booting it up using Last Known Good Configuration.
  • Worked, but I had no Internet (drivers were corrupt, or something).
  • Reverted to an old copy of my hard drive from October, so a bunch of my stuff is missing. (I also can't use Finale 2011 now because I need my authorization key again, which I can't find...)
  • Virus was still there, got rid of it for good this time (I hope).
  • Firewall doesn't work again (sounds familiar).
  • Downloaded the RIGHT files this time, firewall works like a charm now.
  • Internet is slower than usual now, it takes several minutes to load more than one tab at a time.

That's a very easy fix right there. You just had to use another computer to download the right drivers and then copy them over.

Ruto

My parents chased me out of the apartment and told me to pick up Saria, even though it's way too early and 24F/-4C out -.-

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Wrydryn