News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

Yay, monitor went kaboom. Now to find a new one.

Friend could sell me a 28" ViewSonic for 100€, but can't really fit a monitor that big anywhere. Can't really be bothered to search for monitor reviews, but I honestly have no idea where to find a decent monitor for student-budget.

Raymondbl

The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

KefkaticFanatic

Everything is scrub tier besides Samsung.  Get one of the 21.5", they're reasonable.  Though if you're used to a 28 (wtf) then I guess it would be a big change.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

^That's what I've got. Very nice monitors for the price.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jamaha

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 28, 2012, 08:16:22 PMThough if you're used to a 28 (wtf) then I guess it would be a big change.

I'm not. My old one was 17". The 28" was the one my friend was selling me.

Raymondbl

KefkaticFanatic

Nah, 21.5 is the sweet spot.  You can generally get them for 130-150 USD.  Dunno how nicely you could get them though.

me irl
[close]

DrP

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 29, 2012, 05:35:19 PMNah, 21.5 is the sweet spot.  You can generally get them for 130-150 USD.  Dunno how nicely you could get them though.
This. It's the perfect viewing size. When looking at iMacs, i took the 21.5" because the 27 was way too big and just plain was more expensive.
The ones I can find on Amazon are between EUR 149,99 and EUR 180,00

Raymondbl

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 29, 2012, 05:35:19 PMNah, 21.5 is the sweet spot.  You can generally get them for 130-150 USD.  Dunno how nicely you could get them though.
Just 0.5 inch difference, but you know more about computers than I do. 

My life sucks because an eleven year old girl beats me at swimming. 

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

spitllama

Quote from: Raymondbl on January 29, 2012, 05:46:45 PMMy life sucks because an eleven year old girl beats me at swimming.

Really, don't fret about that. Skill at swimming is all from the time you put into it. She's probably been training for a while. I remember after 4 yrs of practice in HS I'd get beat in fly by some 15 yr old haha. I suck at fly xD
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

DrP

Quote from: spitllama on January 30, 2012, 09:33:28 PMReally, don't fret about that. Skill at swimming is all from the time you put into it. She's probably been training for a while. I remember after 4 yrs of practice in HS I'd get beat in fly by some 15 yr old haha. I suck at fly xD
same. Plus I hate it.

The Deku Trombonist

I had my wisdom teeth out yesterday. My face looks like it belongs in a Listerine advert  :'(

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Olimar12345

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on January 31, 2012, 02:20:10 AMI had my wisdom teeth out yesterday. My face looks like it belongs in a Listerine advert  :'(

I guess no playin' teh horn for a while, huh? :/ Well hope you get well soon!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!