The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

13? Hmmgnfhjkgd ok here is my two cents

I don't think it's "in love". Hell, I don't even know what that feeling is. You really don't until you just wake up one day, and know you're in love with that one person. And mushy things aside, it's kinda something you don't realize building up? Like I have no experience at all, but I think truly being in love with someone is knowing you and that other person are going to be together for a very, very long time.

There's love, and in love. Maybe what you have is a strong crush or something. Trust me, you'll know real love when it actually happens.

...geez that's sappy.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FluteNinja on May 08, 2012, 06:08:51 PMI may have miss worded that post

It's cool we all feel like that sometimes when prolly none of us totally know much about love ;P idk
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Raymondbl

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 08, 2012, 06:08:13 PM-__- thirteen? And you're "in love." k. ;P
You obviously think age is important.  It's not.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

FluteNinja

Fine...I have a strong crush on one of my best friends
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

DrP

I remember when I fell in love... which was never. It's a sort of emotion that has the intensity being hit by a train (or other massive object)..

I always hear wedding toasts and they always say "Love is an indescribable force. It compels to do things that we would never think of doing"

Raymondbl

Quote from: DrP on May 08, 2012, 06:20:06 PM"Love is an indescribable force."
That statement I agree with.  The rest I don't, at least not completely.

Nebbles

Yeah, love is weird.

I'd go on, but man I don't feel like going on large tangents about things I have no experience about. :I
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Raymondbl

I do not think love is merely a force that compels you to make the person you're in love with happy.  It's more than that, but I cannot explain it at the moment.

SlowPokemon

Personally age isn't really important, just I'm growing hesitant to call what teenagers feel love. We all swear it's love, me included, and it hits me like a train (good use of words DrP) and I feel like I'm drowning in the beauty and poignancy of it all, but I don't know if it's what we'll look back on as love.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Raymondbl

Most cases of teenager/young adult romance are not really good relationships, end up bad, and then you can say it wasn't true love. They are "crushes," which are hormone-induced and may or may not be love.  Love could happen instantly, but it needs time to develop before you can be sure, since crushes also happen in varying degrees of intensity. 

Actually now I think love develops from crushes, and is just a more advanced form of it. 

AAAARGH I NEED MORE TIME TO THINK

the_last_sheikah

^true dat^
Related story: My friend was sating this girl and they were together a lot, I frequently said they were perfect for each other(their crazy complimented each other).  But then for whatever reason(they still won't tell me), she broke up with him, at pep-band, the day before winter formal.  He wouldn't talk to any of us all weekend, but then come Monday, still mopey if you bring her up, but otherwise back to normal.  Week later, already trying to find a new girlfriend.  Now he actually has a new girlfriend, they aren't together as often, but they seem to be doing well.
From this I've learned only that the more you try to understand love, the less sense it makes. oh, that and bitches be trippin
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

the_last_sheikah

OH! I FORGOT! my life sucks: I was killed in the school-wide assassin game today because my friend from my last comment was  supposed to be watching my back, but he stopped for a second to wave at his girlfriend who was 3 FEET AWAY!  'cause of that, my assassin went and X'ed my back, now I'm dead...damn...
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

SuperFireKirby

Here's my summary of what it feels like to be in love, for those trying to judge these things:

".....FUCK."

If you have experienced this feeling while thinking about another, you may have experienced a brief wif of love.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MaestroUGC

Ah love, that ever elusive feeling. Defined by everyone, understood by no one. I see this subject pop up every couple of months on this forum, usually in the form of heart-ache of some kind. Isn't there a thread around here somewhere designed for these discussions?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FluteNinja

I think I saw a thread titled 'Relationships' in OFF TOPIC but i didn't want to post the same thing all over again :P
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.