News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Quote from: DrP on August 26, 2012, 09:40:26 PMIt kinda sucks. When I was 8 and playing dodgeball on a court with loose gravel on asphalt, I was knocked over and a rock went into my knee. The doctors had to find the rock and fix everything up...

That was most certainly a fun night.

When I was ~5, I was playing tag with other kids and one of them knocked me over, and a rock went into my hand. It's been there for 15 years now.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

FallenPianist

Wow...

Back in April, I bought a ticket for Video Games Live for a show in Montreal in October
Today, I just learned that I have a mid-term exam this specific evening (18:30 to 20:30)

:'(

So if anyone's interested in a ticket...

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Roz~

Quote from: FallenPianist on August 27, 2012, 03:53:04 PMWow...

Back in April, I bought a ticket for Video Games Live for a show in Montreal in October
Today, I just learned that I have a mid-term exam this specific evening (18:30 to 20:30)

So if anyone's interested in a ticket...

When/how much?
Also I want to go see the Distant Worlds Final Fantasy concert in Montreal in December but I don't think it's going to happen... Q___Q

Zunawe

Must comment about knee/rock injuries.

When I was 7 or something I was running around in my yard throwing a baseball up and trying to dive to catch it. On one of the throws I jumped and landed on my knees. My kneecap went directly into a very square rock with a sharp edge. A triangular piece of skin about an inch long at the still-attached part came off. Seven stitches and a scar that I will never get rid of.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Jamaha

There's still a dark spot on my knee from slipping last winter. Guess it'll stay that way.

Ruto

D: D: D:

Quote from: FallenPianist on August 27, 2012, 03:53:04 PMBack in April, I bought a ticket for Video Games Live for a show in Montreal in October

Aww that sucks. I guess you can't reschedule exams -.- You could sell the ticket and maybe go see the concert again when it plays in another city...

@Zunawe

My old teacher in high school said vitamin E reduces scarring. Is putting lotion on it everyday a good option for you? XD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Roz~

^If I'm not mistaken, concerts like that are only shown in Montreal here. So the closest city would be Toronto, and it's kinda expensive to go there.

Ruto

That sucks :/ The second option from NYC is Boston and that's not so far from here...

Kman96

Quote from: Zunawe on August 27, 2012, 05:21:28 PMMust comment about knee/rock injuries.

When I was 4 or 5, I went to my cousin's house (I don't remember why...) and tripped on their balcony. got a rock stuck in my knee, and I still have the scar...although, I don't actually remember if the rock stayed in there or came out...
Party Hard!
[close]

ETFROXX

My roomie/best friend moved out of the dorms yesterday and dropped out because she can't afford college. It hit me pretty hard. I already hated it here, didn't help that I lost her. I literally cried to my mother. I took the hour drive home because I forgot my meds, perfect excuse because I  get sick without them, and I cried to my mother. Drove back this morning, yay.

Zunawe

So, our school is big enough that we have to separate the lunches. The way we do that is by what subject your fifth period is. I have first lunch with all my friends because I have AP Comp Sci fifth. Today, my teacher decided that she wanted to leave early on Tuesdays and Thursdays. (On those days we have odd periods, and she has seventh off. That means that after fifth period, if she has nothing else to hold her there, she can leave school.) So, she decided for all of us that we would now have second lunch, and her class first. Naturally, it doesn't conflict with any other classes directly, but we had absolutely no say in the matter, she expected us to enjoy second lunch because half of us have seventh off as well (not me), and I'm pretty sure that the administrators don't have any idea. One of them came in to ask about a test and she told him that they would have to do it a period after what they planned. He walked out confused.

I really do hate her. She put AP Comp Sci in the same period as Intro to Comp Sci, and she just gives us incomplete instructions on programs to write. She expects us to buy a $160 textbook that we will just be doing a few problems out of, even though she could easily scan the pages and put them up on the same site she assigns the problems on. She sticks to her own schedule (as I mentioned), and doesn't care if you have questions after school, because she's "done for the day".

Luckily I already know most of the things in the class, and if I don't I can just look it up and use a review book, but seriously. I don't know how she was ever considered a competent teacher.

Anyway, I had to get that out somewhere. It's just. . . rgh.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Ruto

Quote from: ETFROXX on August 28, 2012, 11:55:13 AMMy roomie/best friend moved out of the dorms yesterday and dropped out because she can't afford college. It hit me pretty hard. I already hated it here, didn't help that I lost her. I literally cried to my mother. I took the hour drive home because I forgot my meds, perfect excuse because I  get sick without them, and I cried to my mother. Drove back this morning, yay.

The high school was always saying not to worry about money...they must be kidding-.- At least you only live an hour away...I lived 8 hours away when I went to my first college and I didn't have any real friends. It was probably the worst 2 years ever.

ETFROXX

Damn. That had to have been awful. :/ I haven't met anyone here that I've really connected with, yet.

KefkaticFanatic

I didn't really meet anyone until like December o;

me irl
[close]