The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Do you play any instrument besides the piano (sorry if you said it before)? The violin was ALOT harder for me to learn than the piano. Theres so much going on at once: you have to have the correct (and sometimes unconfortable) bow hold, get your fingers on the EXACT spot on the string, play in the correct spot on the strings, curve your wrist with the bow's direction, move your elbow for each string, I could go on forever. If one of these is wrong it makes the whole song sound messy and scratchy

Im not trying to dissuade you from playing it, but its alot harder than I expected it to be

Mashi

Buy one and practise, SlowPokemon!!!
If I can do it and still make progress, you could probably do it 100 times better!!!
Of course, I don't think anyone will be able to catch up to the virtuoso status of Saria and Ruto. ;)

spitllama

So I ended up playing.... for 2 hrs xD Sooo much Pokemon. It bugged me for probably the first 10 minutes and then it was like eff this I gotta evolve mah Deino!
Also there was a 25ish yr old playing R/B/Y on a GBA SP across the aisle.

Funny part is I was sitting next to a really attractive native to Hawaii. She's a lifeguard. But she just talked to her mom the whole time and we didn't really talk outside of the "hello we're going to be sharing this armrest for almost 10 hrs I should probably at least know your name."
But after that I had a strict policy of: disregard females-- acquire pokemanz.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Nebbles

Having a stomach bug around finals time really isn't fun...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bubbles

Are you actually throwing up though? Ive had a stomachache for the past two weeks (Tuesday will be the three week aniversary) and it doesnt make me puke but its just physically draining

Nebbles

no, thank god, but I can't eat anything without it going through me...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Kman96

Quote from: spitllama on December 16, 2012, 12:03:55 PMSo I ended up playing.... for 2 hrs xD Sooo much Pokemon. It bugged me for probably the first 10 minutes and then it was like eff this I gotta evolve mah Deino!

Funny part is I was sitting next to a really attractive native to Hawaii. She's a lifeguard. But she just talked to her mom the whole time and we didn't really talk outside of the "hello we're going to be sharing this armrest for almost 10 hrs I should probably at least know your name."
But after that I had a strict policy of: disregard females-- acquire pokemanz.
like a boss.

Mashi, we called it!
Party Hard!
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: spitllama on December 16, 2012, 12:03:55 PMSo I ended up playing.... for 2 hrs xD Sooo much Pokemon. It bugged me for probably the first 10 minutes and then it was like eff this I gotta evolve mah Deino!
Double win.  8)
...did you evolve your Deino?

Quote from: Nebbles on December 16, 2012, 12:16:29 PMno, thank god, but I can't eat anything without it going through me...
EVERY time I get a sore throat, it seems, I throw up. Not entertaining, especially when I eat nearly-nothing prior to that point...
I hope you feel better soon.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

I have maybe forgotten to say this, but suddenly I felt that I need a sympathy boost. :P

I have been suffering from Osgood-Schlatter's disease since the beginning of September. :(

Ruto

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 16, 2012, 10:21:55 AMDo you play any instrument besides the piano (sorry if you said it before)? The violin was ALOT harder for me to learn than the piano. Theres so much going on at once: (1) you have to have the correct (and sometimes unconfortable) bow hold, (2) get your fingers on the EXACT spot on the string, (3) play in the correct spot on the strings, (4) curve your wrist with the bow's direction,(5)  move your elbow for each string, I could go on forever. If one of these is wrong it makes the whole song sound messy and scratchy

Im not trying to dissuade you from playing it, but its alot harder than I expected it to be

Lol I know you're not saying that to me but I never really learned piano so I wouldn't know. You stop thinking about 1, 3, 4, 5 after the first few lessons. I'm working on 2, but Saria just knows the approximate position to hold the string and if she doesn't, she autocorrects based on what note just ended up just playing. Our teacher doesn't let us use tape so we have no choice xD

Also you forgot you have that you have to move the bow at a certain speed and sight read, blah blah blah...

Quote from: Mashi on December 16, 2012, 10:26:15 AMBuy one and practise, SlowPokemon!!!
If I can do it and still make progress, you could probably do it 100 times better!!!
Of course, I don't think anyone will be able to catch up to the virtuoso status of Saria and Ruto. ;)

Haha, Saria more than me...xD Honestly she learns everything the first or second time she tries it. It makes me look bad, lol. Getting a decent violin is tough though, they're not cheap -.-

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Bubbles

Placement on the string isnt too hard for me, but its been 2 years and my teacher said I literally just learned how to hold the bow correctly without my fingers sliding when I move my arm and wrist. She gave me tapes, and also these weird things to put on the strings so I dont accidently play over my bridge. Thats probably my main problem; I just cant keep the bow in one spot and it slides all over the strings

Kman96

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 16, 2012, 12:27:24 PMI have maybe forgotten to say this, but suddenly I felt that I need a sympathy boost. :P

I have been suffering from Osgood-Schlatter's disease since the beginning of September. :(
I thought Osgud-Schlatter was jus some weird knee/bone disorder that was pretty common. I didn't know it was a disease.

One day in 7th grade, my cousin and I were running around, when she tripped me on the sidewalk. I ripped my jeans, as well as a large patch of a skin, and my knee has had this weird, boney bump int it's place ever since. The doctor told me THAT was what was called Osgud-Schlatter...

Idk. Now I'm just got a deformed leg with that weird bumpy thing.
Party Hard!
[close]

Mashi

Yeah. I'm having the same problem.  I usually tend to accidentally move the bow into an oblique rather than parallel position and the notes always sound so bad!  I'm having trouble making notes sound clean and not squeaky when I slur them together as well.
But these things will improve with practise, I'm sure.  So keep practising you two!!!  And I shall do the same!

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Kman96 on December 16, 2012, 12:58:35 PMI thought Osgud-Schlatter was jus some weird knee/bone disorder that was pretty common. I didn't know it was a disease.
The Finnish word "tauti" means "disease" so that's where I got my translation. we are such drama queens

My knees simply hurt so much. :(

Mashi

But Waddle Bro, geniuses often must go through some pain to make up for their esteemed intellect!