News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

Bubbles

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 16, 2012, 12:27:24 PMI have maybe forgotten to say this, but suddenly I felt that I need a sympathy boost. :P

I have been suffering from Osgood-Schlatter's disease since the beginning of September. :(

All my tall friends have that disorder, and the doctors are confused as to why I dont. Apparently it has something to do with rapid growth and certain body parts not growing as fast as everything else, which pretty much describes my life.

Waddle, how tall are you? FSM said he was really tall, like six four or something (I know you guys use centimeters, right?)

Waddle Bro

Over 180 cm. I haven't measured the exact height in a while now, sorry!

SlowPokemon

I don't care how hard it is, if I want to be a film composer I should play more than just the piano. I can write for any instrument, I just would like to be able to play a string instrument. Cello or violin preferably.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on December 16, 2012, 12:55:16 PMPlacement on the string isnt too hard for me, but its been 2 years and my teacher said I literally just learned how to hold the bow correctly without my fingers sliding when I move my arm and wrist. She gave me tapes, and also these weird things to put on the strings so I dont accidently play over my bridge. Thats probably my main problem; I just cant keep the bow in one spot and it slides all over the strings

Quote from: Mashi on December 16, 2012, 01:04:40 PMYeah. I'm having the same problem.  I usually tend to accidentally move the bow into an oblique rather than parallel position and the notes always sound so bad!  I'm having trouble making notes sound clean and not squeaky when I slur them together as well.
But these things will improve with practise, I'm sure.  So keep practising you two!!!  And I shall do the same!

I think that only happens when you're nervous xD Something about making sure your arm isn't moving in a curve. I don't know how to solve that if it's a recurring problem, but maybe taping your shoulder still so it doesn't get to move? XD But seriously...that's a lot of things to learn violin with...how does your hand slide all over the bow ???

Making the notes sound good only seems to happen when you practice a lot...XDDD

@Slow

Yayyy.

Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osgood%E2%80%93Schlatter_disease

Yahhh...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 16, 2012, 01:28:43 PMI don't care how hard it is, if I want to be a film composer I should play more than just the piano. I can write for any instrument, I just would like to be able to play a string instrument. Cello or violin preferably.
Being a composer doesn't mean you need to be able to play multiple instruments (though it doesn't hurt, and allows you to do more on your own), but you do need to know how the instruments you are writing for work at a very high, technical level. Knowing the instrument is probably more important than playing it while writing the music, also have access to musicians to spot check sections for you is good for the learning part of composition.

By all means, learn additional instruments because it'll help you think like that kind of instrumentalist when writing music, but it isn't necessary. Composer and performer are two different roles, often not held by the same person these days.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Kman96

Party Hard!
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on December 16, 2012, 01:25:58 PMOver 180 cm. I haven't measured the exact height in a while now, sorry!
180 cm = about 5.9 feet?

Then you and I are around the same height...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

I only know that feet are under your legs lol

I'm definitely longer than 180. I just said a round number to make it easier to convert.

Ruto

175 cm | 5'9
178 cm | 5'10
180 cm | 5'11
183 cm | 6'0
185 cm | ~6'1

All approximate. You guys are so tall :'(

actually lol 180 isn't that easy xD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Bubbles

Im 6ft :D Its funny when Im around my friends who are 5'2, especially the one who is 4'11...

Waddle Bro

Well now you got friends that are the same size as you are!

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Waddle Bro

The guys(and gals ;) watching The Legend of Korra are teh collest ;)

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!