News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

I'm really sorry about your grandma Dude! Always here to chat.

Pit0010

I'm feel very sorry for you dude. I know how you feel and you must be very strong to still stand tall. Don't keep looking back and move forward. I bet your grandma will be happy if you do so.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

TheZeldaPianist275

Praying for you Dude!  I'm really sorry for your loss.  :'(

Dude

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on February 01, 2013, 05:35:45 PMPraying for you Dude!  I'm really sorry for your loss.  :'(
I'm sorry but this is annoying me.

What the fuck will that do? If you're going to say something to make me feel a bit better when you know I'm not Christian, just say something like "I'll keep you in my thoughts.", because when you say you're praying for me that pisses me off incredibly.

Thank you.

TheZeldaPianist275

Generally that's encouraging to anyone regardless of their denomination.  But I'm sorry I annoyed you.  I'll keep that to myself next time.

the_last_sheikah

AUGH!!
So I signed up to be in Achievement Hunter's Halo 4 game night, and I ALMOST got in!  I got an invite, clicked on it right away, and the party was already full!!!  What's worse, is that my friend I was playing with in the mean time got in 20 mins later!!

RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!RAGE!
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Mashi

I never understood how people were bothered by that.  Doodle, I know that you're agitated from bereavement, but a remark like that is incredibly sincere.  Something like "I'll keep you in my thoughts" is trite and general.  When someone says he/she'll "keep you in his/her prayers," there's a sympathy that is incurred.  Few people make quick, apathetic prayers.  When someone makes one, he/she does so with emotion and care.  Interpret it this way: "Under the presumption that a supreme being exists, I will pray to such a being for your and your grandmother's benefit, and since I pray multiple times a day, I will remember you and your unfortunate loss various times and sympathise with you in the hopes that good will come your way or that I may somehow help you through some means."
Or you could also treat it as a different person's way of expressing sympathy that equates to being "I'll keep you in my thoughts" (though, I don't see why this would be preferred; keeping someone in one's thoughts isn't likely to occur actively and one is more likely to think of you if he/she prays).

Would one also be offended if I said "Bless you." when he/she sneezes?

But anyhow, since you don't desire for me to pray for you also, I'll keep you in my thoughts and I hope your circumstances improve.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dude

Sorry, I'm just pissy and depressed and don't feel like being nice to people.

blueflower999

I'm pretty sure I've seen people on this site that claim to be atheist say things about praying for others. Not sure what that's all about.

But regardless, Dude, I totally know how you're feeling, and I know your family can get through this!
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Mashi

Don't worry, anyhow, Doodle, I'm sure your grandmother lived a good life.  If she were still alive, she would probably want you to be happy, however, so don't get mad, get Glad!!!

We'll help you through this, Doodle.  We love you. <3

MassiveMayhem

I'm so annoyed. I'm constantly surrounded by idiots and people who just love to make my life more difficult than it already is.
I just want to be alone, but that's too much to ask for apparently.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

FSM-Reapr

I feel like Mashi is ignoring me for some reason. :(

ETFROXX

At this very moment, I'm on the line with Asus support for my Nexus 7 cause need to replace the screen. I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND A WORD THIS FUCKER SAYS. HOLY SHIT.