News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Well yes true, tons of good food tomorrow and I get to make some delicious cupcakes.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

blueflower999

I go to Superbowl parties and don't watch a single second of the entire game the entire time.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Yugi

Quote from: blueflower999 on February 02, 2013, 08:47:04 PMI go to Superbowl parties and don't watch a single second of the entire game the entire time.
WATERWRAITH :CCCCCCCC

ETFROXX

So. I was watching How I Met Your Mother and an episode kinda hit home for me.

SPOILERS MAYBE POSSILY. SEASON 8.

Okay so Barney and Robin are engaged and trying to get her father's permission. Robin gives her father a little speech about how she wants him at her wedding. How she wants him to walk her down the isle and give her away and dance with her.

SPOILERS OVER

This hit home for me because of my daddy issues. I suddenly realized my father will never be at my wedding. He will not walk me down the isle. He will not give me away. He will not give me a father/daughter dance. I have an  uncle who will probably do it when I get married because he's always been there for me and I grew up with him but it's like. It sucks knowing that it won't be my father. And it just ties into all my daddy issues. #daddyissues #sadness

FSM-Reapr

First of all
Quote from: ETFROXX on February 02, 2013, 09:41:20 PMHow I Met Your Mother
Awesome show.

Quote from: ETFROXX on February 02, 2013, 09:41:20 PMThis hit home for me because of my daddy issues. I suddenly realized my father will never be at my wedding. He will not walk me down the isle. He will not give me away. He will not give me a father/daughter dance. I have an  uncle who will probably do it when I get married because he's always been there for me and I grew up with him but it's like. It sucks knowing that it won't be my father. And it just ties into all my daddy issues. #daddyissues #sadness
Your father is a dick(sorry, but in that case it's true). Why wouldn't he come at your wedding?! I mean, you haven't done anything bad, have you?

ETFROXX

He's never been there for me. He left when I was young, I've met him since but he's not a dad to me. So I'm never gonna have a dance with my daddy who I love or anything like that. And it hurts. Especially since my sisters, who he was there for, will probably have that.

Clanker37

Quote from: ETFROXX on February 03, 2013, 06:37:46 AMHe's never been there for me. He left when I was young, I've met him since but he's not a dad to me. So I'm never gonna have a dance with my daddy who I love or anything like that. And it hurts. Especially since my sisters, who he was there for, will probably have that.
Man, that guy is a class A arsehole. Don't you dare give him the honor of walking you down the isle, EFT. And don't you dare let him beat you, by making you sad. Don't let him ruin your life because he's a dick face.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Clanker37 on February 03, 2013, 07:08:34 AMMan, that guy is a class A arsehole. Don't you dare give him the honor of walking you down the isle, EFT. And don't you dare let him beat you, by making you sad. Don't let him ruin your life because he's a dick face.
No, Clanker. Just no. He's definitely not an asshole.

Just because ETF hasn't bonded so well with her father, it doesn't mean her father is a dick. I haven't bonded so well with my own father, too. My parents broke up when I was 2 and since my father had serious problems with his anger management and usage of alcohol, me and my sister hardly even saw him in the many years of our childhood. But he got better. We still aren't so bonded, but he's definitely not a dick because he left us.
My stepfather has been more of a father to me than my biological one, but I still love him more then anyone could describe.

ETF, you should still ask him to walk you down the isle or at least invite him in your wedding. After all, he is your real father.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FSM-Reapr

SuperFireKirby

XD I KNOW, but I just felt like being a total prick for a second.

Sorry if I'm distracting us away from ETF's issue. But I thought LEVITY TIME.

Despite always being super sexy advice guru on things, I really don't know what to say that hasn't been said. All I can say is, you've got awhile before you get married(not counting internet marriages), so you could try to patch things up with him. Maybe he's a good person, maybe he wants to have a closer relationship with you but just doesn't know where to begin. If you want him at your wedding, first he needs to actually be your father again.Then he'll be the father you want to be there and the father that deserves to be there. So just try reconnecting with him in some way. You've got awhile to do it.

Maybe you've already tried this with no success, but that's all I got.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

ETFROXX

I want to call him actually. I might talk to my sister and ask for his number. We've never really talked about things. And it might help.. might take me a while to gain the courage to do that though.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Toby

Quote from: ETFROXX on February 03, 2013, 11:13:45 AMI want to call him actually. I might talk to my sister and ask for his number. We've never really talked about things. And it might help.. might take me a while to gain the courage to do that though.

Do it. Do it. Do it!

You should phone his and ask him how he's doing.

Good luck!!

I hope you actually do this!

<3

ETFROXX

Thanks. :)

Even if we don't bond or get super close, maybe he can at least clear some things up for me.