The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Well Moe's sucks so that's prolly why

Also yes sweet potatoes are my favorite
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Toby

Studying my spanish right now for my speaking tomorrow.

Don't even know why I bother, I'll fail it anyway.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on March 21, 2013, 02:33:28 PMStudying my spanish right now for my speaking tomorrow.

Don't even know why I bother, I'll fail it anyway.
The only problem I have with Spanish is memorization (which is odd, because I usually have memory like an elephant); aside from that, I completely understand it. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Got to memorize 20 lines and have a conversation with the teacher tomorrow who also has 20 lines. I can't remember past the 2nd line.

Sad thing is that's not even exagerated.

Mashi

Do you have to memorise the lines exactly?  And what kind of lines are they?  Is it a conversation?  What I do sometimes is try to think of a series of ridiculous events occurring that relate to the conversation to give me keywords to remember phrases.

As an example, if I were to memorise a conversation that went as follows:
Person A: I ate a bird today.
Person B: Was it delicious?
Person A: No, it made me puke. :(

So to remember that, I would imagine a someone eating a live bird (instead of a cooked one) and that bird kicking Person A's insides until he pukes.  Don't be afraid to be ridiculous; the brain seems to like remembering nonsense than sense!

Hope this helps!

Toby

I'm booking a table and ordering food at a restaurant in spanish.

So hard.

I'll try think of ridiculous things

Bubbles

Today we drove to NY and visited my grandma in the hospital. Shes been in and out the last few weeks because her breast cancer recently spread into her bone marrow, and *insert confusing medical stuff here* so her calcium levels are making her loopy-like. My family got there and after we entered the room and said hello to her, she started crying. When we asked her what was wrong, she just whispered "Today's my last day"

She was completely fine a few hours later, even walking around the hospital a little bit. Its just...really scary

Toby

Omg! I feel for you! I'm sure she'll be strong enough to beat the doctors though!!

Clanker37

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on March 24, 2013, 08:32:05 PMToday we drove to NY and visited my grandma in the hospital. Shes been in and out the last few weeks because her breast cancer recently spread into her bone marrow, and *insert confusing medical stuff here* so her calcium levels are making her loopy-like. My family got there and after we entered the room and said hello to her, she started crying. When we asked her what was wrong, she just whispered "Today's my last day"

She was completely fine a few hours later, even walking around the hospital a little bit. Its just...really scary
O.O that would freak me out. I hope she's alright.

SlowPokemon

One of the saddest things I've ever heard of just happened to a woman who is something of a family friend. She worked for my dad when we lived in Michigan and we were always good friends with her. My dad's known her his whole life.

Last night, she went to Kroger and happened to run into her sister. It had been a while since they last saw each other, so they shopped together and talked and basically caught up. When they left at the same time, she was driving in front of her sister. Down the road, she could see a car careening toward them, with the police chasing them really fast. So she pulls over.

She watches in her rearview mirror as the car slams headfirst into her sister's, killing her. She feels responsible--that if she wasn't talking to her, she wouldn't have left at that time and wouldn't have died, etc.

This morning, she went to her OTHER sister's house to plan funeral arrangements. And she found her other sister dead in her bed.

I can't think of many things more depressing and cruel than that. These women aren't even that old.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 27, 2013, 06:14:31 PMOne of the saddest things I've ever heard of just happened to a woman who is something of a family friend. She worked for my dad when we lived in Michigan and we were always good friends with her. My dad's known her his whole life.

Last night, she went to Kroger and happened to run into her sister. It had been a while since they last saw each other, so they shopped together and talked and basically caught up. When they left at the same time, she was driving in front of her sister. Down the road, she could see a car careening toward them, with the police chasing them really fast. So she pulls over.

She watches in her rearview mirror as the car slams headfirst into her sister's, killing her. She feels responsible--that if she wasn't talking to her, she wouldn't have left at that time and wouldn't have died, etc.

This morning, she went to her OTHER sister's house to plan funeral arrangements. And she found her other sister dead in her bed.

I can't think of many things more depressing and cruel than that. These women aren't even that old.

That's really sad.   I'll be praying.

....haters gonna hate

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Bubbles

I ordered 4 things off of Amazon on Sunday, all shipping from different places. NONE OF THEM HAVE EVEN SHIPPED YET. This includes PMD 3 and the first Ace Attorney game (also a cute little Luke plushie :3)

Ruto

@Slow

That sounds awful...none of those kind of things are things people think would happen either :/ I hope she'll be okay...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.