News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Confucianism is a philosophy (though, I've seen it referred to loosely as a religion.  I think it being a philosophy is more suitable though, since it focuses on real things than spiritual and unnatural ones).  It was a way of life meant to replace (or complement?  Not sure) Taoism, but focus more on humanitarian causes.  So it was a social and political philosophy meant to affect China for the better by helping individuals reach an ideal.  As time went on in China, Confucianism changed a bit to adapt to modern times (leading to Neoconfucianism) and it led to the implementation of ideas ahead of its time, such as civil service exams during the Sui Dynasty and its popularity during the Song Dynasty.

SuperFireKirby

^Basically, Confucianism is Daoism's polar opposite. Confucianism scrapped spirituality, instead putting major emphasis on worldly, human....things, among these being social order and education. Unlike Daoism, Confucianism was less about the individual and more about the group, society, country, ect. and how these social constructs could be improved through rigid discipline of the individual so they could best serve their society.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 28, 2013, 07:01:43 PMThe average person does not develop new ways of using energy
There is no such thing as an average person. Everyone has the potential to change the world. That's what I'm trying to get at. Most people see something travesty happen, regardless of what it is, and just say to themselves, "It's not something I can fix! I'm too average!" when in reality, everyone could aspire to do something magnificent if they would stop pretending to be innocent bystanders. That's the point I was trying to make.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Bubbles

*copies and pastes responses as opening paragraph*

But seriously, thanks guys.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on April 28, 2013, 08:24:25 PMThere is no such thing as an average person. Everyone has the potential to change the world. That's what I'm trying to get at. Most people see something travesty happen, regardless of what it is, and just say to themselves, "It's not something I can fix! I'm too average!" when in reality, everyone could aspire to do something magnificent if they would stop pretending to be innocent bystanders. That's the point I was trying to make.
I would love to go into my laboratory and develop some sort of new technology to harness the full potential of the sun's energy, but I don't have the resources (nor the laboratory :P) to do so. What I was trying to say is that everybody CAN do things to help the environment (even if it's effects are just local) in little ways everyday.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on April 28, 2013, 09:52:54 PMWell you did a bad job trying to say it.
If this:
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 28, 2013, 05:25:55 PMPeoples' actions everyday should help reduce the strain of the human population on the environment (e.g. don't litter, use forms of transportation other than cars); there are things that are out of their control, however (such as the development of cleaner, more efficient fuels, or overfishing in certain locations).
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 28, 2013, 07:01:43 PMLittering and fuel-efficient transportation are two things that can help the environment (the second one especially, such as reducing smog in big cities; that is, if everybody used a different method of transportation :P :P), at least in local areas.
Isn't obvious enough, I seriously don't know what would be. :|
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FSM-Reapr

Well first of all I recommend keeping your message you're trying to provide in only one post. Also it's "everyday actions". Also bolding and perhaps underlining could help.
Spoiler
>:D
[close]

Anyways. Finland lost to Sweden 2-1 right before the big event. Fuck this world.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on April 29, 2013, 07:07:46 AMAnyways. Finland lost to Sweden 2-1 right before the big event. Fuck this world.
I KNOWWWWW. D:< Man, I was so mad after that.

Also I'm happy to announce that an insane amount of my savings has now been spent on some HOCKEY TICKETS WOOO!!! =DDDDDD I've bought tickets to most of the Finland's and the USA's games.

Best. May. EVERRRRR.

FSM-Reapr

geez waddle this is the rant topic

gtfo with your stupid tickets nobody cares

._.

SuperFireKirby

FUCK. I am going to fail this fucking final tomorrow. I fucking hate math so much.  It just never fucking works, no matter how I try to wrap my brain around a problem, the answer is always something that seems to defy all logical thinking.

Once I actually pass this class, I don't think I'm ever touching a math course again.

Bubbles

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Bubbles

howd u no!?!?

Its only about a mile away but its still changing basically everything :/ Plus I have tons of crap I need to somehow pack up, and I know my parents are going to secretly throw away some things