change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

MasterProX

So the Casio digital piano I bought last week came today... I assembled it and everything was working fine. I plugged in my headphones to practice, and after I unplugged them... the speakers refuse to work. I have tried literally EVERYTHING and cannot get sound to come out of the speakers, only the headphones.

Well, this is just fucking great. Can I ever have ONE good day?

What now?

Ruto

Call customer service? I just googled "casio piano troubleshooting" and one hit says the control settings might have changed. http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1186284/Troubleshooting:%20no%20output%20for.html

It might not be the problem but it's worth a shot. Though you wouldn't really expect things like this to happen for something that cost that much -.-

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

You didn't leave the 3.5 to 6.3mm adapter still plugged in to the piano did you :P

Besides that yea if its one with a fancy display and settings check that stuff, or just google the model + your problem.  Or contact support since you probably aren't the first person they've heard have this problem..

me irl
[close]

MasterProX

It started working again randomly. I didn't even do anything else to it.

I'll give it a week and see how things turn out then...

BlackDragonSlayer

What a wonderful day to be sick on! ...

It always starts with a sore throat...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

spitllama

My frickin roommate.

I cannot sleep when he snores. It is almost unbearable. In such a small room, there is nowhere to escape to and I just sit there awake counting the hours away.
When I wake him up and tell him to sleep on his side and/or clear his throat, I'M suddenly the bad guy.

Really? How is that okay? You think that just because you naturally snore that you don't have to be mindful of your roommate? What kind of argument is that? I feel like we're freaking married or something it's retarded.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

sunnydelight18

Well, there's not often a lot you can do. Clearing your throat doesn't do anything and if you're like me, you can try to sleep on your side, but you end up flopping all over the place anyway.

I'm not saying that's not annoying, but he can't really help it. They do make these nose strip things that are supposed to hold your nose open and help you breathe through your nose instead of your mouth. Maybe suggest those to him?

I'd recommend getting serious help if the snoring is that bad, but of course that can be very expensive...

spitllama

If he doesn't want me to get mad at him for snoring, then he can't get mad at me for wanting to fix it. He refuses to use any kind of external tool that may affect with his own sleep (i.e. nose strips, tennis ball, etc.), so really it all comes down to lifestyle. He has a horrible sleep schedule (in bed by 3am and awake by 8am... naps throughout the day) and he's medically-recognized to be obese. But is he willing to take steps to tackle any of those either? No sir-- that's just too much work.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

sunnydelight18

Oh, I see. Well then, I can understand the frustration.  :P

blueflower999

Try sticking a cucumber or something down his throat when he's sleeping.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bubbles

Christmas is coming up, get him one of those retainer-like things for snoring (everyone loves christmas presents) along with this book

Clanker37

Invest in a pair of heavy-duty ear muffs/head phones.

Then you'll have to wake up Wallace and Gromit style.

Roz~

Government just cut my loans in half. How am I gonna pay for school stuff/my apartment/etc now? D:
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Dude

got hit on the head with a box of dishes today at work.

oww