The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

You know, maybe he figured out this "death" thing that's been a problem since ever.

You know the Death Rate is 100%, I mean it's total. This is something people should be looking into.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

DrP

My mom and I are fighting about money... well, the lack thereof.

With they things the way they are (and my unfortunate problem with spending money like a drunken sailor), I'm surprised the repomen aren't at the door to take my stuff. But I pay my bills on time and the interest is racking up (the credit card companies are happy).

Things are much worse than I expect. I am surprisingly calm, but I am stressed thinking out what's going.

Plus, my dad broke his neck a few weeks ago, so I can't get money from him and my mom makes less than I do at work (at least she doesn't have 7 maxed out credit cards), so finding money from parents is out. I'm supposed to be the one who manages money wisely (I can manage it wisely, I just have high costs of living -- damn you California and an insatiable want to buy things for my new apartment).

So this is going to be a really lame/bad/whatever holiday... and November and December are like my favorite months ever!! Odd numbered years for me are always not the greatest, so I am surprised that I had so many great things from this year. I knew that going to Europe was not great (there went about $7,000) and that trip to NY is not going to be bad, but still a minor dent (I'm allocating $500).

And this is why I can't study for the CPA exam. Because it's teaching me about recording money and all the tax stuff and some law... I am so distracted..

#thisisnotsogreat

/rant

Ruto

=.=

Do you have any rich friends you can borrow money from (to pay off your credit card bills at least) and not pay interest?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Roz~

I have the same problem. I spend way too much money ;~; At least I can still borrow money from the bank... and the government (when they're not being dumb ofc)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Quote from: Ruto on November 06, 2013, 06:54:05 PM=.=

Do you have any rich friends you can borrow money from (to pay off your credit card bills at least) and not pay interest?
I do, but I haven't talked with them for a while. And they most likely will say no.

My grandparents have money, but I hate asking them for so much.

Quote from: Roz~ on November 06, 2013, 07:03:46 PMI have the same problem. I spend way too much money ;~; At least I can still borrow money from the bank... and the government (when they're not being dumb ofc)
I'm gonna try doing that tomorrow. My credit is shot through the roof because of all of my inquiries and high balances on my cards.

I still need like $2500 to move up north... I have like $600. Best thing is, I get like $1500 from my firm at the end of January and my CPA exam fees get reimbursed.

But the worst part is... our house in in foreclosure (meaning bank will hold auction for house) -- so my mom is asking her real estate friends to buy our house so they can sell it for a profit. Still, this is a looming disaster.

Ruto

Just try to pay off one for now. I don't know how much you owe for each card, but it's worth a shot? Besides they know you have to pay them back or they'll disown you.

Hmm if your mom can convince them to buy the house for a dollar...or have someone buy it to sell it back to you...sheesh ._. this really is a mess...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

Quote from: Ruto on November 06, 2013, 07:19:20 PMJust try to pay off one for now. I don't know how much you owe for each card, but it's worth a shot? Besides they know you have to pay them back or they'll disown you.

Hmm if your mom can convince them to buy the house for a dollar...or have someone buy it to sell it back to you...sheesh ._. this really is a mess...
le bank is in control now. There is a minimum they're willing to accept.

And our house is kinda a mess, about $40,000 in work needs to be done. Plus the pool out back... well, it USED to be a pool. It's just a lot to take.

THANK GOD I am taking a destressing trip to San Luis Obispo this weekend to hang with my friends, go wine and beer tasting and go hiking!

Olimar12345

Lol, a friend of mine did this and it helped her with her spending problem-it might work for you too:

1) Take all of your credit/debit cards and but them in a bowl of water.
2) Put the bowl of water and cards into the freezer.

She seriously did this and it helped. Plus, it was funny to watch! xD

Sometimes having a physical barrier can strengthen the mental ones d:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

DrP

^Yeah,

Half of them are cut up and residing in a sealed envelope.

They're just maxxed out, but I still have to pay them each month... At the time, I didn't have a freezer, so I had to resort to other measures.

KefkaticFanatic

Protip: always pay off your entire credit card balance at the end of the month

You should never treat it like borrowed money or spend more than you have in a debit card.

Also it sounds like you need to start managing funds and making a monthly budget or something >.>

me irl
[close]

Waddle Bro

Kman96

Just sat through the longest history class of my life. fml.
Party Hard!
[close]

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SuperFireKirby

If we charge those suckers a quarter each, we'll be swimming in jawbreakers!

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!